The online racing simulator
Anybody from Ukraine here?
(7 posts, started )
Me and the missus would really like to take a summer holiday in Ukraine this year, we've never been to eastern Europe before or any former Soviet countries, neither of us know any languages involving the Cyrillic alphabet, or know anything much about Slavic culture / people. Which is why we want to go, really.

Wondering if any locals have any advice?
What kind of holiday? On the beach/relaxing or...?

I really enjoyed the Black Sea, although that was some time ago now. Not sure how it is at the moment.

Also have heard the Chernobyl tours are pretty interesting. Would love to visit it myself.
#3 - majod
I'm not Ukrainian, but I've spent a week with my tent in a bag in there hitchhiking in western parts and this summer I'll go to Crimea + Kiev.

Where exactly are you heading?
Thinking about flying into Kiev, then doing the Chernobyl tour and then taking the train down to the coast and doing a more typical holiday.
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz : Fucks sake, beaten to it
I don't know why you are going to Russian/soviet country's anyhow, Unless you plan to drink your holiday away, Go to Sydney, New Zealand. (Get the pun?)

In reality, There isn't to much to see really, I mean, If you take new york, Or london for example, And spread it out to spread a whole country's worth, It's kind of how Russian territories are. Then again, I grew up in Oktyabrsky. If you insist on going, It might be fun to go to Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, Or maybe Kyiv, Lviv. If you plan on packing electronics, Be sure to grab a converter. Electrical current runs on 220v/60Hz in Ukraine, American current is 110v/50Hz. Also make sure you grab a battery alarm clock, If you're staying that long, Ones with power cables will not function due to current.

Enjoy your stay? (Or stay longer, And they will eat you... I'm dead serious. Ukrainians are freaky. Lol)

I forgot to mention, The food is quite good. ^^ And if you plop a American/British flag on your car, You're bound to be the instant favorite.
#6 - majod
Kiev, Chernobyl and Black sea - I don't see a problem for you there. Ive been there 2 years ago, walking around villages, lakes, and locals are very friendly, we could easily stayed for a night at someone's house/hay and have very good breakfast...they even gave us keys from their house and left :-X Everything is cheap, food is delicious, alcohol connects people so there's nothing to worry about. But don't rely on your English...it's not Russia and apart Chernobyl and few places in Kiev I don't think someone will understand. get yourself ukrainian (or at least russian) - english dictionary
Quote from TehPaws3D :I don't know why you are going to Russian/soviet country's anyhow, Unless you plan to drink your holiday away, Go to Sydney, New Zealand. (Get the pun?)

I don't get the pun.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG