The online racing simulator
Steeringwheel not really functionating after stupid stuff.
Hello,

I have a Thrustmaster RGT FFB Clutch Pro Edition as a steering wheel for racing games.

I have had one since previous year's August, and never really had problems. Now for some reason the pedals stopped working a few weeks ago, I send the wheel to Thurstmaster and they send a replacement.

Now I was using the new wheel, no problems whatsoever.

But yesterday I spoiled water over it, and the pedals did not functionate really good anymore. And now I have puked over it while being sick.

Now it's not working anymore, and this is not a valid reason to ask a replacement.

Does anyone have an idea on how I could possibly fix it?

Suggestions also welcome.

Thanks,
Rocky
change the pots?

edit: wait, did you puke on the wheel, or the pedals?
Quote from bunder9999 :change the pots?

edit: wait, did you puke on the wheel, or the pedals?

Water on pedals, puke on wheel.

And the front side where normally the emblym of Thrustmaster is, broke off. So it went INTO the mechanism
Quote from rockclan :Water on pedals, puke on wheel.

And the front side where normally the emblym of Thrustmaster is, broke off. So it went INTO the mechanism

you could probably shake it out, or crack it open and fish out the loose piece... but unless it gets into the gears, i can't see that causing a problem unless it's made of metal.

as for the rest of it, it's hard to say... you could spend the time changing the pots, but who knows if that's where the faults lie... maybe try cleaning out the wheel's internals first, perhaps. hopefully you haven't damaged anything that would require crazy amounts of soldering.
After serious cleaning, and letting it dry a bit in the sun. It starts again, pedals seem to work quite ok. But the FFB doesn't work anymore.

Sometimes randomly stops working a few seconds, and then works again. This is quiet risky when racing.

I guess it's fine for now.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
#8 - CSU1
I heard it live on Skype
If you think it cannot be much more crazier, it actually can

Try to put the affected wheel parts into the mircowave. 900W would do the job

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG