The online racing simulator

Poll : What will be the major talking point post-race ?

Closed since :
DRS/KERS
The actual racing
Stewarding decisions
Standard of commentary
I had to "facepalm" at Red Bull Mechanics during the F1 Forum... Accusing Button on purposely stopping in the wrong pits to "slow" Vettel down...
Quote from Mustafur :Vettel could of done anything if he had a 3 stopper and would of won, in the end that was the only reason why he was 2nd.

You don't know that.

Fact is, he did 2 stops and lost.

Anyway, shame on Mercedes having to save fuel on both cars...
Guys, wtf is up whit FIA?

Alonso didn´t get a penalty for having rearwing open in wrong place. And I don´t belive in any mechanical failure in that part. Sauber had DQ for having rearwing hair sized wrong
You do know Jean Todt is FiA president right?
Quote from BlueFlame :You do know Jean Todt is FiA president right?

Yea, I know too that FIA never faveroutes Ferrari
Quote from manneF1 :Yea, I know too that FIA never faveroutes Ferrari

Then you either know too much, or too little.
Quote from PhilS13 :Yup. But if the FIA properly sets up the use of DRS we will barely see any driver suffering of poor track position caused by an early pit. A faster driver will always get through and will always be able to make the best use of fresh tires. You do not have anymore the need to compromise your own strategy over track position. Its each on his own, making the best use of the sets of tires he has.

It's hard to say TBH, we're probably biaised by the fact that the last two races were held on two of the most overtaking-friendly tracks of the season. Just check Melbourne, the DRS barely had any effect on the race. Okay, it was put at the wrong place. But still. Overtaking should still remain hard and risky on a couple of GPs because of short straights and/or narrow track.

Can't wait for Monaco anyway. Could be pretty much awesome if we have people on different strategies battling for the win. Mansell vs Senna anyone?
Quote from manneF1 :Guys, wtf is up whit FIA?

Alonso didn´t get a penalty for having rearwing open in wrong place. And I don´t belive in any mechanical failure in that part. Sauber had DQ for having rearwing hair sized wrong

From what I understand of the DRS is thus.

1 - On race day, control of the Wing is regulated by race central (for want of a better word)

2 - If a driver tries to open it else where, then it's noted by RC and penalty given against the driver...also the wing does not work

3 - RC use software to prevent the wing opening or being used elsewhere.

Now from the looks of things and by what is being said by the commentary team, is that Ferrari were having technical issues with the DRS wing system mainly software related However the release of the wing being controled by RC suggets the problem could be equally at the FIA end as it is with Ferrari's.

Now i'm not technically minded enough to say it's easy to trace...anyone who has done some basic programing can testify that tracing an error could take a while, so maye....just maybe the FIA can't take action untill the know the full extent. Not everything is a conspiracy and not everything the FIA does is anti other teams and pro Ferrari, no matter how much you would like it to be.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, and remember what DevilDare said? He said Webber didn't have a chance....

FFT : Vettel made more than one change of defensive position at the start of the race, where is HIS penalty??? And he almost made contact with Hamilton, yet again he proves that he lacks race craft, no wonder Di Resta beat him in Euro F3. He's not that good, he's just in the best car. In the same car as everyone else, he'd not even make the points.

I'm sorry but that's aload of garbage.
Hes race craft is't the best but really that's he's only weakness, he's easily one of the fastest drivers on the grid.
Yeah, I don't think anyone can say that Vettel isn't a very good driver.
Quote from manneF1 :Guys, wtf is up whit FIA?

Doesn't the rearwing opening/closing electronic came from the FIA?

It's whatever electronic component from that for whatever reasons allowed the rear wing to be opened at a place it shouldn't have been on Alonso's car.

Where as the Sauber disqualification was for something completely different.
#114 - CSF

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG