The online racing simulator

Poll : What will be the major talking point post-race ?

Closed since :
DRS/KERS
The actual racing
Stewarding decisions
Standard of commentary
#1 - Bean0
2011 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai)
2011 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai)

Fri 15 April 2011
Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 16 April 2011
Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 17 April 2011
Race 15:00

All times local, UTC+8.

Race Date: 17 April 2011
Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.451 km
Race Distance: 305.066 km
Lap Record: 1:32.238 - M Schumacher (2004)

Local Weather Forecast
Attached images
untitled.JPG
i got the feeling, that McLaren will beat RBR for the first time here this season.
If RBR do drop KERS for this race, then I fully expect McLaren to win this one.
China 2010 was a great race, hopefully it'll rain again
well going by practice times, it seems pretty much the same as the first round and second round practice times... 1RBR 2MCLAREN, 3RENAULT only difference is Ferrari seem to have slipped even back behind Mercedes, but we all know practice doesn't give COMPLETELY acurate performance reflection. It's still a good indication, I mean, HRT aren't at the front are they?
no but it was funny seeing hrt of liuzzi pulling away from the ferrari down the long straight in practice xD

DRS of liuzzi vs alonso no DRS i lol'd
Top speed has never been the problem for the new teams, anyway. :P

It WAS interesting that HRT were ahead of Virgin w/ just a few laps on-track, and only like 1s off Lotus.
Yup, everyone who slagged off HRT as a complete joke or a waste of space is a fool, and clearly knows nothing about motorsport.
Heidfeld had a good day hehe..
HRT are the dogs bollox!
I'm not British enough to know if that's a good thing or not.
It's a good thing

I guess the constant bashing they received from certain quarters is what makes them a 'fans favourite' now. Getting an F1 team and car built, to any kind of degree, is a mentally and physically draining process, so you gotta respect anyone that tries.
I've looked FP3 this morning, Mercedes look being back with Rosberg.

Oh, and poor Webber, I'm sure there is ex-Raikkonen black cat in his car.
LOL @ Webber --> that's what you get for not using option tyres to "compensate" the kers problems --> He could not aim for the pole without the kers why not use a set of option tyres to atleast pass Q1.
holeeee sheeeet
Quote from Kova. :Oh, and poor Webber, I'm sure there is ex-Raikkonen black cat in his car.

and then he went and exited in FP1

he'll have to barge his way through on Sunday
LOL at the replay of petrov's car breaking, gotta love how you can hear the car slowly die then completly stop xD
Yep, that was quite a killer
I think McLaren are leaning heavily towards a race setup and RedBull Vettel were cautious about the last race at Sepang, so they went all out for P1.
Quote from BlueFlame :I think McLaren are leaning heavily towards a race setup and RedBull Vettel were cautious about the last race at Sepang, so they went all out for P1.

Nah i just think Redbull have extended the gap, they had quite a few updates for this race.

The key Tommorow for Mclaren will be to either get ahead of Vettel at the start or be close enough to him on the main straight on the first lap or I think its game over(if weather doesn't effect the race).

Webber seriously used up all hes luck last year now its back to being the unluckiest driver ever.
Quote from JPeace :I have a feeling there will be contact between a McLaren and a Red Bull on lap one tomorrow, cant wait! :P

I'd like to see Webber on the podium. He can do it. Epic start and good strategy is the key.
Quote from TypeRacing :

I'd like to see Webber on the podium. He can do it. Epic start and good strategy is the key.

Not really, no.

Without KERS he isnt going anywhere.
What's all this tyre saving bollocks going on? Just heard Hamilton saved tyres in Q3 for the race.
Why not? Makes perfect sense to me after the fiasko in Sepang last weekend.

My guess is that he is going to 3 stop; might just help to put some pressure on Vettel if he manages to get some clear running.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG