The online racing simulator
InSim Relay
(11 posts, started )
InSim Relay
Lately I run into a few problems with insim relay.
First insim relay loses connection from time to time.
About a week ago all my servers disappeared from the insim relay tab in lfsw and I had to add them again.

Now there is a new problem, lfsw says "invalid host".
I got no idea what to do, as there a now options.

Currently there are runing 3 lfs hosts on one computer. It is a dedicated server with linux os.
But only for one host it says "invalid host".

The log for this host says:

Mar 20 01:29:00 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Mar 20 01:29:27 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Mar 20 01:29:58 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay

I also checked if due to strange things the host might not listen on insim port but netstat says it does:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:29996 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:29997 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:29999 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

Normally if the insim connection is lost I can choose to reactivate ... but what to do now ?
Attached images
insimrelay.png
did you try changing the port on the one that didn't work, and then if it works, changing it back to the "broken" setting?

or is there a firewall blocking the port?
I think I put it in the wrong words.
I don't look for help as I could easly remove it from host list and add it again to solve the issue.

It shall be more of a bug report with facts:

- host claimed to be invalid
- but insim works and server is reachable

You can't help much here as you don't know the reasons for the entry marked invalid.
just remove and add it again for now. I know about it, but i'm not sure how to fix it properly. The 'invalid host' thing can happen, but it'll happen not often.
Ok.
If there is anything to help, let me know.
Quote from Victor : The 'invalid host' thing can happen, but it'll happen not often.

This has also happened to me twice over the last three days or so, yet never before over three years. Whether this helps you at all I do not know, just thought I would mention it.
As you said, the problem is resolved by removing it then adding it again.
Well of today morning all hosts of mine are marked as "invalid".
Before there was a series of disconnects of insim relay service.
All connections shut down finally at 2:38 CET.

Mar 23 02:37:36 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Mar 23 02:38:00 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay

hey
my server also started coughing up 'invalid host' for the first time eva a few weeks ago too, just did another one now..
i get disconnects and reconnects every few days tho, I always though it was my stoopid far away aussie internet..
Happened to our server a few times aswell. (about 2-3 times in the last few weeks)
shouldn't happen anymore now.
yup looks good, havent seen an invalid host since your post Vic..
thanks mate

InSim Relay
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG