The online racing simulator
Qualifying fraud
(26 posts, started )
Qualifying fraud
Just returned from a race on XFG / Blackwood, with qualifying. The guy who got pole position did a 1:33.08 lap. Quite amazing. I looked at the replay, thinking I'd witness a new WR (albeit unofficial). But... his lap was only that fast because he raced through the pit lane at full speed -- pit lane is less bendy than the final turn at BL. Normally, he'd have been almost 1 second slower.

Is this a known cheat? Doesn't LFS detect this?

(This will only work in qualifying, tho. As a hotlap it wouldn't be valid, and during a race it would get you a penalty.)
#2 - _rod_
LOL i never seen that before... i´ll test it and see if i can reproduce it.
Actually it would be valid even in hotlapping unless it's been changed since the last time it was a talking point. I would like to see all these and some other (such as driving backwards at some tracks) cheats removed.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Actually it would be valid even in hotlapping

You're right.
#5 - _rod_
yes it still works... just tested it..
Pretty sad but funny at the same time.

How many new wr's will we see now, all of the newbis coming in with their 32's lol.

Qualifying on Bl GTi means nothing anyway, as soon as your on the straight you will get past, or even a corner.

If this was on a track like South city it would mean more.
Quote from Bawbag :Pretty sad but funny at the same time.

How many new wr's will we see now, all of the newbis coming in with their 32's lol.

Qualifying on Bl GTi means nothing anyway, as soon as your on the straight you will get past, or even a corner.

If this was on a track like South city it would mean more.

So true.

I do believe, however, that usually the guy on pole at BL GTi has little to lose... but the guy who starts 2nd is a sitting duck at T1. I always overtake those by the outside...
Well, there is a difference between pole and 20th starting position
There's less to dodge at T1 in the top 3 or 4. Penalties in qualifying need to take your fastest time and so on, plus a penalty for stopping on the track might be vogue ... .
less to dodge but more to get hit by

if you have to use a cheat like this to get a decent qually time, you're probably gonna get you're ass kicked when it comes to the race
Quote from Theafro :if you have to use a cheat like this to get a decent qually time, you're probably gonna get your ass kicked when it comes to the race

In this case, it was a 5-lap race on a Demo server. If you can exit T1 ahead of the carnage, then you've practically won the race.
Quote from Theafro :less to dodge but more to get hit by

if you have to use a cheat like this to get a decent qually time, you're probably gonna get you're ass kicked when it comes to the race

unless you're a really good racer and defend well
Yeah, the pitlane should invalidate any hotlap, and driving backwards in a hotlap should still boot you like in a race. Next patch, Scawen?
I've also seen drivers cut the corner at the S-curve after the long straight. Its annoying to race against people that do that, but gratifying when I'm still faster around the track.
I've cut that corner numerous times. All of them whilst out of control
Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah, the pitlane should invalidate any hotlap, and driving backwards in a hotlap should still boot you like in a race. Next patch, Scawen?

+ infinity (can't be arsed to get out character map)
Quote from Spinjack :I've also seen drivers cut the corner at the S-curve after the long straight. Its annoying to race against people that do that, but gratifying when I'm still faster around the track.

I don´t think it´s annoying when people cut this corner because it´s a lot faster not to do it(atleast in demo cars).

Since you´re all talking about cheating there is also a way to cheat in races with mandatory pit stops. Just jump into pits(shift+S) after the start, stop in the pit box(you will spend about a second standing) and continue on your merry way. You loose less time than doing the pit stop properly.
#18 - wE1l
I never get it why people will want to cheat like this to get pole or win a race, I mean that doesn't make you a better race does it?

And supposedly if you are much slower than what you qualified, you will be overtaken by more fellow racers who are actually better than you. Isn't that quite sad?
I think that in Hotlaps, driving reverse CAN be valid, for warming of tires and such, but pitlane(s) should be off bounds automatically or even blocked off as in GT4 for hotlaps?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think that in Hotlaps, driving reverse CAN be valid, for warming of tires and such, but pitlane(s) should be off bounds automatically or even blocked off as in GT4 for hotlaps?

Not really, on some tracks where there is only one split, it is faster to drive to the split in the wrong direction, then turning around and driving to the finish line. Clearly this is cheating.
thats only on what? SO sprint? then make it so on X track, backwards driving gets you DQ'd from the session, but on all non-offending tracks, make it so I can backwards drive all I please to warm my tires.
Do hotlappers enjoy all the driving around before hand to warm up their tyres? Or would they be happier actually hot lapping with pre warmed tyres and getting strait down to business?

I think reverse driving should be banned in hotlapping personally, but I dont hotlap. I think it would be far better to do a few laps first and warm your tyres that way.
Quote from Becky Rose :I think reverse driving should be banned in hotlapping personally, but I dont hotlap. I think it would be far better to do a few laps first and warm your tyres that way.

Thats what I have raised a long time ago as well.Pre warmed tyres would be the option to go.
I dont see a issue doing just few more laps for getting a hotlap...not a big deal.Just like in realife when there are prewarmed tyres but you get best grip after a few laps.
I think LFs is called simulator.
#24 - Vain
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Just like in realife when there are prewarmed tyres but you get best grip after a few laps.

Just like in LFS. You start with preheated tyres at 65°C (R1) and heat them up to optimum temperature while driving. What exactly do you want to improve?

Vain
Quote from Vain :Just like in LFS. You start with preheated tyres at 65°C (R1) and heat them up to optimum temperature while driving. What exactly do you want to improve?

Vain

Ban driving backwards

Qualifying fraud
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG