The online racing simulator
Quote from Steelbeen :Yes, it's worth it. I have been playing LFS on a keyboard since I started in 2009 and I still love it. There are quite a few fast mouse drivers too. It's not like wheel users got an advantage over you.

this bastard.

race him, he will take your socks off in fox.

with a kb
Quote from justasimfan :For god's shake ..you still play the game with a mouse...!
Really the only thing special about lfs nowdays compared to other games are its very good physics BUT you need a g25/27 or a fanatek wheel to appreciate how good lfs is.
They may be not cheap but that's the way it is if you really love racing games buy one as you can use it on some other amazing games like rfactor and the gtr games too.

No sir, I have had wheels and I still have a lot of fun with mouse.

90% of my laps in LFS were with my mouse.
Welp, I bought it, and have no regrets thus far. Playing around with the BF1 is fun, but hard as hell. The course that's like, on the streets of a city is really fun and gives a great sense of speed, the course that feels like it's in a farm is fun to go fast in, Aston and Fern Bay are cool because of all the options (and Fern Bay Gold is awesome). Kyoto is cool because of the oval, and I haven't really messed around with Autocross yet as I have no idea how to drag or drift.

This all being said, I'd be lying if I said I was doing decent at all. Even using Setup Grid to snag some good setups for the tracks/cars, I'm getting destroyed. I'd assume I just need some practice, but wow. Some people are gods at this game. I'm only having a lot of real trouble controlling some cars, but I seem to get the hang of them if I adjust the downforce.

I have one question though, is the Formula V8 SUPPOSED to be impossibly hard to control, or am I missing something? I can hardly even leave the garage before I spin out of control. Is it a setup issue (right now I only have the default) or what?
Quote from Rathalos888 :I have one question though, is the Formula V8 SUPPOSED to be impossibly hard to control, or am I missing something? I can hardly even leave the garage before I spin out of control. Is it a setup issue (right now I only have the default) or what?

Nah, it is fine, guess you most probably need more experience.

Not very easy with mouse/keyboard since it has lots of power and no TC, so you have to be very cautious with the throttle, which isn't very easy to do without pedals. Try to reduce button control rate as much as possible for starters.
Quote from Rathalos888 :I have one question though, is the Formula V8 SUPPOSED to be impossibly hard to control, or am I missing something? I can hardly even leave the garage before I spin out of control. Is it a setup issue (right now I only have the default) or what?

Shameless plug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kACdhgzNmjc
Quote from Rathalos888 :You drive so smooth o_o. I presume you have a wheel? Nice dieos though, I was watching some earlier on the BF1 (which is also really hard to control, but because it's so freaking fast compared to everything else).

In racing, smooth is fast. You need a decent amount of aggression when attacking corners, too, but that aggression must be tempered by smoothness. Smoothness comes from having a well thought out plan of what you are going to do and when you are going to do it at each corner. This means having well-defined reference points on the track or just to the side of the track for braking, turn-in, apex, and exit. That's basically what I was pointing out in the track guide.

And yes, I have a G25. I started off playing LFS 8 years ago with a flight stick, using buttons for throttle and brake. The most powerful car back then was the XRT, though (known as the GTT at the time, for GT Turbo).
YES. I did have only mouse and keyboard for 2 years before I bought DFGT and LFS was still AWESOME. It really doesnt affect your lap times, only some cars are harder to handle with on/off gas. But I drive with mouse everytime when Im too lazy to set up my wheel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG