The online racing simulator
Firefox 4 is out!
(161 posts, started )
Quote from bunder9999 :i used to use "old location bar" but it doesn't have an update for ff4, and i don't want to trash my profile fudging the compatibility stuff.

Quote from Bean0 :Use this to keep using older extensions

just a bump, "old location bar" isn't compatible with firefox4, even with the compatibility protection turned off... some of it's functional, but not enough to warrant me to keep using it. ah well.
could be an useful bump:

if someone's using the aurora or nightly channel, there's new option in about:config that allows you to use standard font rendering while using directwrite hardware acceleration (that means awesomeness = no ugly fonts anymore)

search for gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode and swich to value "2" - or you can also try values 3 and 4, maybe for someone it will be better, but 2 is same rendering as GDI
speaking of about:config stuff...whats the best ones you guys have done?

my favorite is probably when you use the search thing, and press enter, it opens up a new tab with results
Yeah, because ctrl+enter is really hard.
Quote from majod :could be an useful bump:

if someone's using the aurora or nightly channel, there's new option in about:config that allows you to use standard font rendering while using directwrite hardware acceleration (that means awesomeness = no ugly fonts anymore)

search for gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode and swich to value "2" - or you can also try values 3 and 4, maybe for someone it will be better, but 2 is same rendering as GDI

Can't find that option on About:config in FF 4.0.1
If majod didn't make a typo somewhere, you can just add that string, restart FF and check if it makes any difference...
Quote from Inouva :Can't find that option on About:config in FF 4.0.1

as I said - for those who are using aurora or nightly(in menu -help - about you can switch developer channel to beta/aurora/release...aurora is daily release, but it is a bit older than nightly, beta is weekly i think, releases are final versions
Aurora is currently in version 6.0a2, beta 5.0something
btw I didnt make a typo, you can try it but I would doubt about it because this feature is present only since 6.0a1
Quote from majod :as I said - for those who are using aurora or nightly(in menu -help - about you can switch developer channel to beta/aurora/release...aurora is daily release, but it is a bit older than nightly, beta is weekly i think, releases are final versions
Aurora is currently in version 6.0a2, beta 5.0something
btw I didnt make a typo, you can try it but I would doubt about it because this feature is present only since 6.0a1

I see, thanks for the clarification
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yeah, because ctrl+enter is really hard.

It is hard to remember about it every time you do a search.
Yeah, I have problems too remembering an extra key to press when submitting a search.

Firefox 4 is out!
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG