The online racing simulator
LFS preview of 7 Rockingham circuits
(68 posts, closed, started )
It's showing 7 not 6
#4 - majod
sad thing is this thread should be created by one of the developers, not by user accidently finding videos
Rockiingham
Quote :You've been beaten by a few hours!

Sounds about right for me in LFS racing
Quote from Silverracer :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1575702#post1575702
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73794

You've been beaten by a few hours!

I do wonder if LFS will have only those 6 7 (and reverse?) showed in the preview or more close to 13 (without the rally stuff...).

I guess more like 7, I mean, Aston could have something close to like 15-20 overall, yet we have only 7, so I can't see why the devs would make more for this one.

Quote from majod :sad thing is this thread should be created by one of the developers, not by user accidently finding videos

Agreed
Quote from majod :sad thing is this thread should be created by one of the developers, not by user accidently finding videos

If I remember correctly, that's how the Scirocco was discovered aswell.. it's the late trend of LFS.
#9 - Alric

Agreed! Come on devs, surely it's worth the effort to tell us things like this so we continue to buy your product.
Quote from Alric :Agreed! Come on devs, surely it's worth the effort to tell us things like this so we continue to buy your product.

+1

Nice screens though.

I hope it's all nearing completion, but who knows?
reminds me of KY2
however cant wait to race there.
But if one of the devs made the thread then everyone would be like ZOMG IT IZ READY WAI CANT WE HAZ NOW?!!?!!

And tbh it was pretty ready when it was at the BTCC meet almost 2 years ago, so this is hardy surprising
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :No wonder, both are rovals.

yeah, i more wanted to point out that its sad we dont have some other spot, another location. i mean, kyoto and rockingham are thousands of miles distance, but well, this kind of track could be anywhere. would be great to see something new like fern bay, with nice scenerie around it, you know. sure, not just racing there because of the scenerie, but it gives some kind of extra taste in it.
Quote from reason0809 :yeah, i more wanted to point out that its sad we dont have some other spot, another location. i mean, kyoto and rockingham are thousands of miles distance, but well, this kind of track could be anywhere. would be great to see something new like fern bay, with nice scenerie around it, you know. sure, not just racing there because of the scenerie, but it gives some kind of extra taste in it.

I totally agree man

From my POV Rockingham is a good example of the typical modern race track. Perfect infrastructures and all but goddamn boring and artificial looking layouts. Now you can hardly come with something interresting when it comes to rovals TBH, the absence of elevation changes almost automatically makes a dull track.

Honestly I would personally have preferred by far any other fictionnal track. But in some ways it is good for LFS to have a well known international track, makes some good advertising and also might attract the few people who just can't bear any kind of fictional content(and they are probably much more than any of us would think). As long as the whole thing comes up one day of course. This was one deal the devs couldn't decline, and we have to see that way I guess.
I think developing Rockingham is one of the biggest reasons why LFS faltered on the continuous development........
Quote from StableX :I think developing Rockingham is one of the biggest reasons why LFS faltered on the continuous development........

I doubt it, as Jack stated it was more or less ready to play for the 2009 Rockingham BTCC meeting already.

If the devs are stuck somewhere it must be on new tyre physics IMO.
Sigh, the devs are seriously pissing me off.
Wow, looks nice, simple and clean, no with that bloom and blur and other crap effect that add the other sim's...

Realy good job doing this track eric
That's for sure awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote from MousemanLV :That's for sure awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How is it awesome?
Yes, it looks awesome, but you can't do a thing with it, not until early 2009 that is.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] : From my POV Rockingham is a good example of the typical modern race track. Perfect infrastructures and all but goddamn boring and artificial looking layouts. Now you can hardly come with something interresting when it comes to rovals TBH, the absence of elevation changes almost automatically makes a dull track.

I agree with you. I think the same thing can be said about all the tracks in LFS. The test is do any of the tracks have a nickname? A track has to have a soul to have a nickname, like the "The Green Hell" (the old Nurburgring). For some tracks it can be just one corner, "The Cork Screw", "Eau Rouge", "Masta Kink", etc.

There is a wide choice of cars in LFS but we need a couple of good real road courses like Clermont-Ferrand or Brands Hatch as it used to be.
#23 - troy
Vic said yesterday that he wanted to wait with uploading the HD version of those videos until they are on the official Rockingham site, he probably is in the process of getting them ready to publish on their youtube channel. And before you complain, you don't know what kind of deal the devs made with the people from the Rockingham circuit, I doubt they make their customers angry on purpose.

edit: To add something usefull, I love some of those combos, looks like a lot of fun to be had when we can finally drive them.
Quote from codehound :I agree with you. I think the same thing can be said about all the tracks in LFS. The test is do any of the tracks have a nickname? A track has to have a soul to have a nickname, like the "The Green Hell" (the old Nurburgring). For some tracks it can be just one corner, "The Cork Screw", "Eau Rouge", "Masta Kink", etc.

There is a wide choice of cars in LFS but we need a couple of good real road courses like Clermont-Ferrand or Brands Hatch as it used to be.

I agree on the fact that LFS needs 1 or 2 Charade/Norschleife-like tracks, even fictional ones if the devs can't get licenses. And I guess most of the LFS users wouldn't argue with that, but in the end I'm affraid it represents a dream for short/mid term.

About LFS' tracks I tend to disagree. They're almost all unrealistic on some points(huge kerbs, extremely long straights, etc). But they all have their own personality and all have some very challenging sections. Just take Aston's sweepers, its "Eau Rouge" section, Westhill's sectors 1/2, Fern Bay Gold's sector 2 esses, etc. If they were real life corners they I'm sure they would be true references for the fans and the drivers.

I do belive LFS' tracks are a part of the sim's attractiveness. The devs did a good job at pulling 6 very different maps simulating very different environment with their own particularities. They all are interresting with all the cars available too.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I agree on the fact that LFS needs 1 or 2 Charade/Norschleife-like tracks, even fictional ones if the devs can't get licenses.

i want a track builder for LFS. we have some talented skinners, layout makers, and i guess they would spend plenty hours building own tracks which may be similiar to nordschleife, spa franchorchamps etc...
This thread is closed

(68 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG