The online racing simulator
LFS preview of 7 Rockingham circuits
(68 posts, closed, started )
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I doubt it, as Jack stated it was more or less ready to play for the 2009 Rockingham BTCC meeting already.

If the devs are stuck somewhere it must be on new tyre physics IMO.

you're missing my point I think.... Rockingham is the cause for the tyre model to need revamping.
Quote from StableX :you're missing my point I think.... Rockingham is the cause for the tyre model to need revamping.

AFAIK the Scirocco is the reason.
Well let's look at a timeline:

December 07 - Patch Y
June 08 - Patch Z
August 08 - Scirocco spotted/announced
December 08 - Scirocco stated for release
September 09 - Rockingham spotted/announced
October 09 - Patch Z25
November 09 - Patch Z28

Clearly it takes time to put together the Scirocco (early 08) and Rockingham (scanned in early 09 it seems from the addition of the big corner names which appeared on the tyre barriers and the V1 stuff) - we can only hope that in the time since the last piece of slight content (a lot) more has been produced...
Quote from reason0809 :i want a track builder for LFS. we have some talented skinners, layout makers, and i guess they would spend plenty hours building own tracks which may be similiar to nordschleife, spa franchorchamps etc...

Well yea, but now the devs have clearly showed over the years they are against user-made cars/tracks, and this therefore will never happen as a matter of fact.

TBH they do have a point, who wants LFS to turn into anarchy content wise, a bit like what we have at rF?

Quote from StableX :you're missing my point I think.... Rockingham is the cause for the tyre model to need revamping.

Is it? I aswell as some others thought it was the VWS.
Well when you take the LFS version of FBM around Rockingham and you see a different time to that of real life, what do you expect needs changing?
Quote from pmd9409 :well when you take the lfs version of fbm around rockingham and you see a different time to that of real life, what do you expect needs changing?

MOAR POWER!!!!11oneone
now LFS devs gona be mad
Quote from PMD9409 :Well when you take the LFS version of FBM around Rockingham and you see a different time to that of real life, what do you expect needs changing?

More than likely skill of the driver and quality of the setup, among other things
This is good and all that, but rallypack where?
Under my skirt.
Quote from The Very End :This is good and all that, but rallypack where?

It's around the internets somewhere, but you have to find it yourself as the devs are too lazy to make a topic.
On that site it says 13 configurations, are there really that many unique paths? Anyone know what the other 6 are?
Quote from pik_d :On that site it says 13 configurations, are there really that many unique paths? Anyone know what the other 6 are?

Maybe the 13 configuration figure comes from the 7 configurations reversed, minus one... The one where the safety (run offs, etc) wouldn't be enough to race on.
Quote from Meanie :Maybe the 13 configuration figure comes from the 7 configurations reversed, minus one... The one where the safety (run offs, etc) wouldn't be enough to race on.

I doubt they'd ever use reversed configurations.

I guess they came up with 13 if they count some minor layout changes, like, with/without T1 chicane, etc.
I have a feeling that there will be only those 7 layouts in LFS. Why did they make the videos of those 7 only then? And Victor told me that there will probably not be reversed configs.
Quote from Flame CZE :I have a feeling that there will be only those 7 layouts in LFS. Why did they make the videos of those 7 only then? And Victor told me that there will probably not be reversed configs.

that makes no sense to me... why would lfs put tracks in with no reverse configuration? if they do, it would be the first(?)
#42 - CSF
Because it's a real track this time and it isn't used in reverse?
I prefer all the tracks reversed
Quote from g7usl :I prefer all the tracks reversed

That is until you take a kerb the wrong way and watch it ripping your car to shreds...
Quote from bbman :That is until you take a kerb the wrong way and watch it ripping your car to shreds...

Good racers don't use them.
Quote from g7usl :Good racers don't use them.

So good racers are the ones who blatantly ignore good (and legal) opportunities to gain a few tenths a lap?
Only bad racers use them, then flip and crash and say that these "good" racers don't use them.

Basically: You're a bad racer 'cause you can't use them for your legal advantage
I was actually amazed when watching this virtual lap that I missed "this" first time around.... take a look for yourself... rally pack here we come!!

Attached images
rallypack.jpg
Nice try

Archievment unlocked: Party Pooper
What's up with the hiding FBM on the lake circuit? (0:37)
This thread is closed

LFS preview of 7 Rockingham circuits
(68 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG