The online racing simulator
Disable force feedback when typing
Same way it is on the option screen. Would make those hurried words up the blackwood straight that little bit less dangerous
I dunno, some of my messages take most of a lap top complete as I slowly add to them on the straighty bits. Perhaps FFB reduce? Or just keep one hand on the wheel when typing.
No, this is racing sim, not icq.. You have (ctrl)F1-F8 for messages like "sorry" and no other typing is desirable during racing.
A had problems with disabled FF while typing in last versions when I turn too much without it. But best solution is not to type during driving
#4 - shim

i do use the FFB still when typing to let me know bout what the car is doin..
cool
not something I feel at all strongly about. Hadn't envisaged anyone still trying to drive effectively in the middle of a message, I'll have to try it
Can we have the message box moved up a bit, as right now it's in the middle. as it can take a lap or two to write a sentence (even if you use chav language) and it's not so easy to peer through the box...
#7 - Renku
I think it was changed to FFB being present when typing, while ago.
+1

Quote from tristancliffe :Can we have the message box moved up a bit, as right now it's in the middle. as it can take a lap or two to write a sentence (even if you use chav language) and it's not so easy to peer through the box...

+10000000000
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#9 - abz1

lol, i actually asked for this to be put on.
when did this get changed, out of interest?? anyone remember? I sure don't
Quote from tristancliffe :Can we have the message box moved up a bit, as right now it's in the middle. as it can take a lap or two to write a sentence (even if you use chav language) and it's not so easy to peer through the box...

This ^^

It should be a HL style text box, a single line at the top of the screen. That'd be pure awesomeness (as it's what I'm used to after years of playing TFC).
I believe it got changed in an early S2 patch.
Quote from Renku :-1
I think it was changed to FFB being present when typing, while ago.

Yeah, I haven't played LFS in a while but I definately remember losing ffb when the message box was on screen. I don't know why you would want to have it off since its much harder to take corners without having a feel for the car, after driving with the ffb. On the straight the wheel shouldn't be shaking enough to make typing any harder.
-1, I always type with force feedback, else it's loose and you will turn the wheel more easily when driving, resulting in a CRASH...

-1 ARGH not another typecrasher :P
Well, I have my typing box grey to somewhat match the road, and its pretty transparent, so it only looks like words on the screen, and my keyboard is of easy reach, so I barely even have to leave the screen, I can type without looking =D

But +20 on what Tristan said.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG