The online racing simulator
Please I have a problem
(11 posts, started )
Please I have a problem
Hi. I am relatively new to LFS and not very technically minded. I had two sets send to me and have been reasonably happy with them, being able to achieve what I would assume a respectable speed of 131mph on the Blackwood map (GP Track) racing the Formula BMW FB02. The only adjustment I have ever made is to alter the brake balance.

I have had no technical problems that I know of, but now for no apparent reason my top speed has dropped down to 119 mph.
After assuming it maybe just set1' that had gone out of synchronization, I tried set 2 and also the default setup only to find there was no change in the performance. All Three setups reacted precisely in the same way. After going into the final drive area. I checked to see if the drive ratios had altered in any way but they all seemed as they originally were.

I was using single player at the time this problem occurred, I had done five laps with no problems. I went into the pits for fuel, came out onto the track only to find I could not get any higher than the 5th gear. I closed the game down and then restarted hoping this may have rectified the problem unfortunately things remained the same.

After closing down for the night and restarting my computer this morning, I found everything and reverted back to normal. Once again unfortunately, after the first few laps I found I was back to facing the same problem. I deleted the 2 setups in question and then replaced them again with the originals I had had sent. But to no avail!!!

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate their help. Thankyou for your time.
Press 2 to save a replay up to that point, and attach it to the forum - single player replays are found in LFS/data/spr - and we can take a look to see what the problem is
#3 - dadge
Quote from Topgear2 :
after the first few laps I found I was back to facing the same problem.

over revving on the downshift maybe? this could cause engine damage. this is easy fixed. simply gear down a bit later.
very possible your brake, or handbrake axis is being callibrated inproperly, or perhaps the throttle axis is being callibrated wrong.

for me, my handbrake is a joystick modded with DXTweak so it works as so, but when i change the window, or first open LFS i have to move it or lfs thinks it is on.

so check all of the axis, and make sure they are all callibrated properly.
Thanks you Guys for answering my post so quickly. At this moment in time things seem to be back as they should be, but I dont know how long it will last. In the event it goes haywire again,I will send Replay as Boothy suggested. I did however check out Logitecg,s and Dadge's sugestions but could not Suss any probs therein.

I'am using the thrustmaster wheel and footpedals. I have recallibrated. I will see how long I stay in the pink, before I turn blue again (lol) Thanks once again you Guys.
yeah its probably best if you press 2 during a race, when this is happening, and upload that file from your data>spr folder.

we will tell you what is going on with it
Did you use only 1st gear when leaving pit? It will damage your engine (too much rpm). At pitlane theres 80 km/h speedlimit, and if you drive the pitlane with 1st gear and full revs, engine will be busted. Use the speed limiter in the pits and change to 2nd gear. After pit area -line you just turn off the speed limiter and take off.
Quote from Albert77 :Did you use only 1st gear when leaving pit? It will damage your engine (too much rpm). At pitlane theres 80 km/h speedlimit, and if you drive the pitlane with 1st gear and full revs, engine will be busted. Use the speed limiter in the pits and change to 2nd gear. After pit area -line you just turn off the speed limiter and take off.

Right?
Quote from Albert77 :Did you use only 1st gear when leaving pit? It will damage your engine (too much rpm). At pitlane theres 80 km/h speedlimit, and if you drive the pitlane with 1st gear and full revs, engine will be busted. Use the speed limiter in the pits and change to 2nd gear. After pit area -line you just turn off the speed limiter and take off.

1) The only way to get engine damage on LFS is to mess up while downshifting and over-rev the engine badly. Being flat out in 1st gear won't give you any.
2) There is no speed limiter on the FBM.
Stupid question:
Is the wind turned on?
#11 - Zay

Dont listen to this guy hes wrong lol. You cant damage the engine on LFS that way. it's only if you shift down too fast.

Please I have a problem
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG