The online racing simulator
Quote :This message has been deleted by hyntty. Reason: No swearing you ****tard

go delete ur post then . You just couldn't take that my post spoke the truth about you.. Go cry in another thread, we are trying to have a debate here

E - Thx boothy for "un-deleting it" (as with this thread)
Pole was set there from the start for a reason.
The pole will stay.

No one has supplied sufficient reason why it should be removed - never saw any in MoE, either.

I'd much rather have a single pole get hit and respawn, instead of clipping tyres - the track cutting lot will always aim to use any space, and somewhere around 75-80% of the time will hit the object closest to your apex, causing respawning and scattering crap.

I'd rather have a pole be your target, than a tyre.

If I did move the pole, the tyres would be moved closer to the kerb chalk to compensate.

Or, I could just put red/white barriers and force you to stay a fair bit on the track.

Yes, it's a feeder series to IGTC/MoE on spirit / setup, but it doesn't have to do everything either series does - it's still its own series.

How the chicanes will be enforced:

Qualifying:
Boothy chicane pole touch = current lap invalid
Final chicane pole touch = current AND next lap invalid

Race:
Spot-checked by admins at random times;
Pole contact will generally be allowed, but repeat hitting of the tyres can merit a penalty (after warning to cease)
so in race if you hit the pole no penalty generically?
edit: nvm you edit just as I edited :P
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty : I'm not bothering anymore
LET IT STAY.

So I can crash into it. Over and over again. Until I get a penalty. YAY.
If you were hitting the pole all the time during practice you weren't bothering to change your line so it's your own problem if you hit it all the time IMO. I've been watching after myself for not hitting the pole and the chicane still feels good without cutting it. I don't see any problem in having the pole to stay.
In other news... Any test race tomorrow?
Expect it to be at 19:00 UTC.
And in other news, there seems to be still no skin thread :|
Is there going to be test race today at 19.00 UTC?

Pole is fine just keep the layout the same, it would make mess with Q1 and everybody would start hitting tires instead of a stupid pole. If you don't like the pole imagine it's a tire or red-white road block, that will keep you away from the pole the rest of us see.
Test race replay: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/972540 ... 011Round6TestRace_Race.7z

Seemed worse than South City at some points, remember this place can be deceptive with the track width and fast corners. If you do spin, put your brakes on so you don't become a moving target.

Also, let's be a bit sensible with the chicane please, there were a lot of incidents there and also a lot of cutting in the gravel.
Quote from boothy :Seemed worse than South City at some points, remember this place can be deceptive with the track width and fast corners. If you do spin, put your brakes on so you don't become a moving target.

Also, let's be a bit sensible with the chicane please, there were a lot of incidents there and also a lot of cutting in the gravel.

Did I start on right and ended up on left in double file? Gotta check but I just followed the car in front which took right so I took left.

First lap disaster. I don't know how is that possible, gonna have to check the replay what happened.

FZR left space inside, I took it than got closed maybe and contact and grass, got back, lot of cars around, lot of in front, next corner everybody trying to overtake each other, 2 cars spun I wanted to pass between didn't make it, got contact on rear wheel and spun, than disaster, cars all around, I didn't put the brake on I didn't even know where the hell am I, I was just hoping for race restart to be honest after that.
Repair after Lap 1, and was driving alone and alone, than some overtaking, some good some bad even from my side sorry, brakes locked when I braked later and couldn't turn in, sorry FZR, I hope that touch on oval wasn't revenge, I didn't mean to push you out but brakes betrayed me.

Had a fight with 03 and some FZR, was good

Boothy chicane, where was the pole? Once I even saw tires flying, I think the pole won't be there for a long time from the 6h race.
for me it was a good test race, started 19th, the double file up is a bit dangerous there if everybody just brakes in the very last moment for the last turns, you end up in his rear end and same goes for the following drivers, thats why my rear was totally smashed. however i had a nice stint, as i avoided all the crashes and smashes in the first lap when almost everybody collided and ended up in the gravel or was spinning. i finished 8th position, but could've been 6th, if i wasnt sliding into the grass on turn 3 in the last few laps. had a nice fight with Jovanovic in his FZR until the last laps and i'm happy my tyres survived until stints end and could've been surviving even more longer

looking forward to have a good race
Fixed the link :o
Quote from reason0809 :... the double file up is a bit dangerous there if everybody just brakes in the very last moment for the last turns, you end up in his rear end and same goes for the following drivers, that's why my rear was totally smashed ...

Maybe the line up should be done AFTER the last left U-bend in order to avoid this mass crash we saw today ... no way to get a descent line up in that U-bend imo! The guys in the middle and rear will be suffering hard in the start due to the mess then
I twatted a man up the arse into the boothy chicane. Sorry whoever it was
Quote from sjoblom :Maybe the line up should be done AFTER the last left U-bend in order to avoid this mass crash we saw today ... no way to get a descent line up in that U-bend imo! The guys in the middle and rear will be suffering hard in the start due to the mess then

Yes, cars are supposed to get lined-up after the last turn. I was the one too fast on the buttons today.
SUGGESTION: Pacecar slows down the speed after boothy chicane to maximum 80kph, so people are slow enough for double file up before the last U turns to s/f and than goes away. Many people accelerated away from boothy chicane today to 200 kph or more and needed to brake immidiately at the last turns, so everybody was hit in the arse, thats not good :/
Cars will be told to double-up AFTER the last turn at the first SC-line in the actual race, forget everything about where you were told to double-up in the testrace today. Sorry for the confusion.
yeah yeah, but i just wanted to mention that in almost every race now there've been major arse damage, because the pacecar pulls away, and the leader accelerates to 200kph but than brakes heavily to go for double file up at 80kph. and this chain reaction is nuts, when everybody brakes a bit too late, and finally arse by arse got hit

so it was just an suggestion to slow down the pacecar a bit corner by corner in the last sector and the leader shouldnt go on too quickly, as sometimes the last 5-10 cars dont even have the chance to double file up
The more intelligent thing, is for the leader to not accelerate - they're not really supposed to.

The other more intelligent thing, is for everyone to not following directly at someone's 6 o'clock. You don't have to be in perfectly straight a file until you're in formation - be ready to dodge left/right as the case may be to avoid "Surprise buttsecks"
I was hoping for single file, with double file the first lap is just crazy overtaking and crashes
Maybe it could help, I don't know what to do to not get involved in a crash in a first few laps.

If I'm fast I overtake and end-up in a crash.
When I leave space I'm getting overtaken and get crashed from behind.
So I hope I'll be able to just follow and pass around the crashed cars in first few laps.
Or any tips?
An other important thing I think, it is a 6h race, so maybe there is no point in trying to win it in the first lap?

Good luck everyone! (qual and race)

Round 6: Race Discussion
(201 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG