The online racing simulator
Compulsory Pitstops - you like?
(36 posts, started )
Quote from IDUI :I would enjoy mandatory pitstops more if there were options to tell my "pit crew" not to fix any damage and to not fuel up at all. The way it is right now fueling up when I definately don't need it and fixing the damage that I know has no effect on the performance of the car at all feels illepall. Now in longer races fuel may be a factor, I will find out some day.

Just set the fuel to a % below that which you will have when you make your stop. That way you don't waste time fuelling.
#27 - IDUI
Quote from Gentlefoot :Just set the fuel to a % below that which you will have when you make your stop. That way you don't waste time fuelling.

Thank you for the tip.
#28 - ste_
I like compulsory pitstops. Yes they're only really useful in long races when you need fuel/tyre change/damage fix, but since I never race such long races, it's always nice to have a practice pitting on the shorter races.

It would be nice for the server admin to be able to be able to force a pitwindow, eg on a 10 lapper force a pitstop between laps 4-6 so there's some pitlane action. But before that, pitstop setup must be displayed more prominently because it's all too easy to miss pitstop-settings info.
Mandatory pitstops are ridicolous, they should be set OFF everywhere. Like said before, pits are for fuel, repairing, or tires, not for fun. Its a matter of strategy to pit or not. Sometimes pitting is faster. And there is no point of mandatory pitstop, when race is over 30 lap. (Because you must be tyre god, to keep tire OK over 30 laps)
Quote from Metalstar :I dont like them, Pits are there for refuelling and changing tyres. Not artificially creating interesting moments.

I agree. When a race isn't long enough to need more than 1 tank of fuel or more than 1 set of the softest tyres, I don't see what strategy is added by a forced pit. Just a stop and go penalty for everyone. I mean, would you rather pass someone in the pits rather than toe to toe on the track? illepall
As many said allready, I don't like pit stops if it's on 10-15 lap race, it just
doesn't make sense
Quote from Lible :Mandatory pitstops are ridicolous, they should be set OFF everywhere. Like said before, pits are for fuel, repairing, or tires, not for fun. Its a matter of strategy to pit or not. Sometimes pitting is faster. And there is no point of mandatory pitstop, when race is over 30 lap. (Because you must be tyre god, to keep tire OK over 30 laps)

Not for fun? It's all about fun m8.
Quote from cannonfodder :I agree. When a race isn't long enough to need more than 1 tank of fuel or more than 1 set of the softest tyres, I don't see what strategy is added by a forced pit. Just a stop and go penalty for everyone. I mean, would you rather pass someone in the pits rather than toe to toe on the track? illepall

Yes, I would sometimes. Especially when there are hundreds of servers with no pit stop set. Nice to have a change every now and again.
At the moment when the fastest way is to pit at last lap the must-pitstops don't add much. But I like the idea. Forced pitstops with forced tirechange is something I'd like to see in shorter races because they add more excitement to the race.
On the very short races I do not like compulsory stops because it means you cannot overtake people on the track. In races that are not long enough for a pit stop, but is longer than a quick dash, then I dont mind them.
I can't overtake people on track cos I'm not fast enough. Pit stops the only hope I got!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG