The online racing simulator
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
(219 posts, started )
Something looks familiar here, but I just can't put my finger on it...
Forza?
#53 - Uke
Oh my god they have bought the lfs engine!!!
Quote from Uke :Oh my god they have bought the lfs engine!!!

This is what I was thinking of.
Quote from Uke :Oh my god they have bought the lfs engine!!!

that'swhat scawen has been doing, developing NFS!
That picture looks nothing like LFS except the tyre temperature HUD. I'm pretty sure that it's just a really obvious way of presenting that data.
Also, bump stop 0.0 in? Is that car hitting the bump stops on all 4 wheels??
#57 - senn
Quote from Uke :Oh my god they have stolen the lfs engine!!!

fixed for you. :P It would be interesting if EA has bought the LFS engine tho....Could be the devs had to sign a NDS that meant they couldn't talk about it....hmmmmm kinda interesting. I'm more inclined to think EA just "borrowed" the basic LFS model for their game tho.
Or how about they took absolutely nothing whatsoever?
#59 - Uke
Quote from RasmusL :Or how about they took absolutely nothing whatsoever?

Or what if it's a huge worldwide conspiracy including a robot made of diamonds, silk and everything beatiful?
realistic sim - My guess it will only be slightly more "realistic" than Shift. The SMS developers seem to be looking for a "realisitic driving experience" rather than duliplicating the real world behavior of the cars, so some stuff is going to be exagerated, such as the excessive amount of oversteer that was such a big part of Shift, where it looks like your drifting through turns, somewhat reminding me of Grand Prix Legends, but with dumbed down physics via hidden assists so driving isn't as difficult as GPL. Maybe not realistic, but you get a sense of what the rear end is doing, and it looks cool. They're targeting a much larger audience that isn't as hard core as the old GPL and current iRacing players.

Personally, after playing racing games since 1997, realism has lost some of it's appeal, and I find a balance such as Shift to be enjoyable. I still play some of the better rFactor mods, like PCC 2007, or go back and play one of the GTR games, but for an overall game, Shift is close enough for me. I also enjoy the arcade games (but I'm skipping Hot Pursuit 3).

One of the nicest features in NFS Shift is the replays, but you can't save them, so I made a video of a collection of replays. In this video you can see the exaggerated oversteer that's part of the Shift experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN2DJ1fngJQ&hd=1
Wow. I hate when they talk about arcade games like they're going to be the best simulators EVAR. (and they all turned out to be arcades)
"....has the most advanced physics system ever put into a racing game..."

Quote from logitekg25 :"....has the most advanced physics system ever put into a racing game..."

"...in a racing game"

They are probably right.
#65 - JJ72
the real time telemetry looks very forza-ish, which isn't a bad thing.

I am partially sold already.....damn they do know how to make trailers.
''New view called helmet cam. -Its totally realistic'' Somehow that made me laugh
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
BAWJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, in the seccond video, the motec goes blurry while you drive faster, ahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha
Quote from Inouva :BAWJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, in the seccond video, the motec goes blurry while you drive faster, ahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, it makes no sense. I mean, your eyes do that theirself, you can't look at the road or motec at the same time that good, but now you can't even look at the motec even if you wanted this way...
Ea games allways doing a this lame things... in car's games
Quote from Inouva :BAWJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, in the seccond video, the motec goes blurry while you drive faster, ahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha

When driving fast, its more concentrated on the road than the motec instead. I'm sure you can just turn that option off.
Quote from Myffe :''New view called helmet cam. -Its totally realistic'' Somehow that made me laugh

Well the whole idea of NFS + realism makes me laugh TBH.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :When driving fast, its more concentrated on the road than the motec instead. I'm sure you can just turn that option off.

The eye adaption is faster much more faster that the one "simulated" on NFSS2
#75 - JJ72

NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG