The online racing simulator
2011 Kyoto 250: Practice Session 1
Racers:

The first Official Practice Session for the 2011 Kyoto 250 will be held on Sunday, 27th February 2011. It will consist of hotlap qualifying followed by a 45 lap + 2 pace lap (47 total) race. Anticipated timetable:

1700 UTC: Qualifying begins - InSim controlled queueing; one outlap, two flying laps, one inlap, fastest lap counts
1750 UTC (or 10 minutes after qualifying ends): Race

To ensure the session is completed prior to GTAL Qualifying Session 1 scheduled for 1900 UTC, if the race is still in progress at 18:45 UTC, the race will be shortened so that there are three laps remaining from the 18:45 mark.

The insim application will order you based on its method, providing you are on-track before I start qualify. You are NOT to ask "Why am I not in the list" or similar. I will be taking care of that thruought the session - there will be a chance to mention you did not take a run at the end of the session. First infraction is a warning, second loss of 4 grid places, 3rd is start from the back of the field.

You are to respect all messages from administration. If we ask you to do something, like back off the SC or behind another competitor, do it, and don't say anything at all. The response is performing the action, that's all we need.

Remember that the initial race start is double-file, overtaking permitted at green flag.

On restarts from caution periods, lead lap cars line up on the outside, lapped cars (if any) to the inside. You may overtake ONLY ON THE OUTSIDE after the green is out, but still before the line.

Your presence in TeamSpeak is required for the session. You don't have to be able to talk, you just need to at least be able to listen. Connect your TS client to 81.19.209.204; port 10005. Remember that TS may be recorded for logging and control purposes during the session.

Also, bear in mind that generally the first few sessions will be somewhat numpty-filled as people acclimate to their competitors, and the rules. Don't run off and resign from the event when this happens. We will be observing all drivers during and after the sessions and will not hesitate to remove drivers who will constantly cause problems.

Please, to help us know who may be attending, post here telling us such.

You will receive a PM with the password for all practice sessions prior to the first session starting.
This is moar important than GT3 me thinks

So yeah, I shall be there
Quote from zippytheone :This is moar important than GT3 me thinks

this.
I'll be there too if I just remember

Wanna haz TS together? Must be there too, need training anyway.

And show my cool skin
I'll be there. I don't think my XRT 100 will get between this and my attendance. I will have to stay for the XRT 100 since I'm admining it though if this was to happen. I may adopt your race shortening method for my race

I have a legal skin, but I will not be using this skin for the real race since there's another #5.
Quote from Cornys :I'll be there. I don't think my XRT 100 will get between this and my attendance. I will have to stay for the XRT 100 since I'm admining it though if this was to happen. I may adopt your race shortening method for my race

I have a legal skin, but I will not be using this skin for the real race since there's another #5.

I only have the shortening method in because I want my bases covered incase there's a conflict.

Generally, assuming things stay 90% green, 60 laps can get done within 1 hour. Qualifying is generally budgeted for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how quick drivers are to respond to their call-out by the system.
most likely there
Quote from dekojester :I only have the shortening method in because I want my bases covered incase there's a conflict.

Generally, assuming things stay 90% green, 60 laps can get done within 1 hour. Qualifying is generally budgeted for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how quick drivers are to respond to their call-out by the system.

I know, I felt the same so I've written that into the XRT 100 thread. There shouldn't be conflict, and I'm not racing in the race you're worried about anyways
Will be there
Do we need a proper skin for the practice sessions? If we dont. I will be there.
Ill be there, But like Scotty said, do we need propper skins?
I'll be there (hopefully...)

Edit: Won't be able to make it for these two sessions.

GT3 is more important to me now, I'm not wasting all those hours of practice today, but I wish I could show up to the practice race if I end up being out of the GT3 race. *knocks on the table 3 times*
Should be there, hopefully.
<----- will be there
#16 - CSF
Any old skin will do.
Family at home, can't be here :/
Tommorow maybe..
Sorry, my computer couldn't handle the number of cars in that lineup. I have turned the visual settings all the way down and I'll try it again tonight. Sorry for the issues.
I failed. I completely forgot about the extra weight of the fuel upsetting the cars balance and ended up putting on an un-intentional drift show before pulling off out of harms way. Maybe next time.
walk home, fall asleep 15 minutes before session. Win :L
-
(ElonB13) DELETED by ElonB13
Gonna be there? When?
Instead of intimidating the other drivers, I intimidated myself. Great job
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Instead of intimidating the other drivers, I intimidated myself. Great job

You ended up on your lid didn't ya?
Quote from Cornys :You ended up on your lid didn't ya?

Well, you were there and saw it when I did, right?

I wanted to push Simon to the lead(WTF? Me pushing Simon to the lead?) I taped him and started billiarding between the walls
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Well, you were there and saw it when I did, right?

I wanted to push Simon to the lead(WTF? Me pushing Simon to the lead?) I taped him and started billiarding between the walls

Yeah, I got kicked (or baned idk which) when I forgot my place and warned the field about your car being there. I didn't see exactly what happened to cause it though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG