The online racing simulator
Mixed Feelings
(29 posts, started )
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :iRacing
rFactor
netKar Pro
X Motor Racing

Pick one.

You know what? It's fun when users on LFS's forum start to promote other games (not to talk about devs advicing people to do the same as well) .
Imagine Jobs twitting to just go and buy a Samsung Galaxy while he's thinking about a new iPad.
At least i have my ten minutes laugh every time i see the same old childish answers to legit questions.
Thumbs up
Quote from imadude10 :Jesus Christ... I posted a simple thread stating I was bored of the game and hope that the next patch rekindles my interest and you two numbskulls go off in an all out Duel.

Perhaps this is why I stopped playing LFS. Not because I found it boring, or wasn't that great at it. Maybe it's the fact that most of the LFS community act like children, constantly yelling at each other and being completely nonconstructive.

Nah, there's much more.
Some people think this place is theirs (thanks to the lack of partecipation by of the devs) and no new users can state their opinion.
It's a bit like an exclusive club with a very light entry fee but it makes you feel like you've got the absolute wisdom.
New racers? No way, they'll surely act like crashers and grammarrapers.
Game development questions? You better think about that twice, boy.
Cool
Quote from imadude10 :Gimme a break. I'm try to get a hang of car control XD. I need setups too. So, I'm tinkering with stuff to see what they do.

setupgrid.net

for starters!

Also look around at leagues that are currently out, some are using engine tweaks, restrictions, layouts etc.

Sure youll find something!
Quote from IlGuercio :Nah, there's much more.
Some people think this place is theirs (thanks to the lack of partecipation by of the devs) and no new users can state their opinion.
It's a bit like an exclusive club with a very light entry fee but it makes you feel like you've got the absolute wisdom.
New racers? No way, they'll surely act like crashers and grammarrapers.
Game development questions? You better think about that twice, boy.
Cool

You're so right, in both those posts. Exactly the way it goes here, unfortunately.

On topic: what I've started with, is basically the standard hard track and Race_S setups. Slightly adjusting them as I go.
The problem I see with using track-based setups, like on setupgrid, is that they're all quite different, which still gives you a different feeling of the car with every setup you use.

I've always preferred using the standard race_s and hard track setups whenever I needed to get used to a car, and slightly modify them myself to the track i use it on. In my opinion, that's the best way to get started.
Accordingly, whenever you have the feeling you can control the car properly, you can move onto setups on setupgrid.

Anyway, that's just the way I started and was comfortable with.. might not apply for you though. Atleast you're already tinkering with sets, so you're willing to learn. Smile

Mixed Feelings
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG