The online racing simulator
Mixed Feelings
(29 posts, started )
Mixed Feelings
I used to almost live on LFS a few years back. A few months after Z28, I took a break, telling myself that I'd start playing again after the next patch.

Well, time has passed, and I'm kinda sad. I miss playing LFS, but I find it's current state boring. I was never good at racing, and all the racing servers had people who consistently tweaked and improved and I could never be as good as them

Anyway, I do look forward to the next patch (whenever it may come) and I hope it's as good as I dream it will be.
Quote from farcar :You're really missing the guy's point.

That he thinks it's boring? New cars and tyre physics will only keep him entertained for a month.

Tried drifting/cruising?
Quote from farcar :You're really missing the guy's point.

I did not miss his point. He is stating

Quote :Well, time has passed, and I'm kinda sad. I miss playing LFS, but I find it's current state boring.

so I gave him some options.
#6 - dadge
the problem is not lfs. he said it himself he's " never good at racing". so if he got better, he would be having more fun racing tighter races.
more practice = more fun.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I did not miss his point. He is stating

so I gave him some options.

You just blurted out a list. Where did he say he was looking for an alternative sim?

I am in the same place as the OP.
LFS is far and away the best sim for my wants and needs. The alternatives aren't suitable, so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.
#8 - dadge
Quote from farcar :
LFS is far and away the best sim for my wants and needs. ... so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.

that doesn't make sense dude. LFS is everything you want in a sim, but you're not playing it any more because you're waiting on the patch? what made this version of LFS so unplayable?

Quote from farcar : I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.

what you do (or don't do) while you wait for the patch has absolutely nothing to do with LFS. you can't blame LFS for your lack of sim activity when there's still users on the servers racing. you can't blame LFS for your unwillingness to compromise and play something else while you wait. so, imo, you should either play something else, or keep playing LFS in its current (or S1) state.
Quote from dadge :the problem is not lfs. he said it himself he's " never good at racing". so if he got better, he would be having more fun racing tighter races.
more practice = more fun.

Why it could not be LFS. Why game industry realized that with DLC packs and buying another content keeps people staying with game or brand. (it brings more money too ofcourse)

I feel the same as him and its not me but LFS.. I am trying iRacing because of the LFS is boring for me too.
Quote from dadge :that doesn't make sense dude. LFS is everything you want in a sim, but you're not playing it any more because you're waiting on the patch? what made this version of LFS so unplayable?

The physics update and more content will rekindle my interest. What doesn't make sense exactly?
Where did I say this version is unplayable?

Quote from dadge :what you do (or don't do) while you wait for the patch has absolutely nothing to do with LFS. you can't blame LFS for your lack of sim activity when there's still users on the servers racing. you can't blame LFS for your unwillingness to compromise and play something else while you wait. so, imo, you should either play something else, or keep playing LFS in its current (or S1) state.

I not blaming anyone for anything. I'm not even complaining about anything.
I'm a huge fan of LFS, who's just waiting for the updates before I get back in to it.
You should make sure you understand what you read before you rant about it.
Quote from farcar :The physics update and more content will rekindle my interest. What doesn't make sense exactly?
Where did I say this version is unplayable?

I not blaming anyone for anything. I'm not even complaining about anything.
I'm a huge fan of LFS, who's just waiting for the updates before I get back in to it.
You should make sure you understand what you read before you rant about it.

you said LFS has everything you want in a sim but yet you don't play it? and are you sure an update will keep you interested? for how long? for as long as the FBM? or maybe for as long ans the BF1? you also said your in the same place as the OP. do you remember the OP saying "I miss playing LFS, but I find it's current state boring"? you being the at the same place as the OP would suggest that you too are bored with LFS in its current state and that you also miss playing LFS.
maybe you should have a think about what you're going to say before you contradict yourself any further.
Quote from dadge :you said LFS has everything you want in a sim but yet you don't play it? and are you sure an update will keep you interested? for how long? for as long as the FBM? or maybe for as long ans the BF1? you also said your in the same place as the OP. do you remember the OP saying "I miss playing LFS, but I find it's current state boring"? you being the at the same place as the OP would suggest that you too are bored with LFS in its current state and that you also miss playing LFS.
maybe you should have a think about what you're going to say before you contradict yourself any further.

The problem with your arguement is that you've made a bunch of baseless assumptions about me. How do you know how long the FBM or BF1 kept me interested for. You don't even know if they interest me at all?
I haven't contradicted myself at all.
Either you don't know what contradiction means, or you still don't understand (yet you still rant).
Quote from farcar :The problem with your arguement is that you've made a bunch of baseless assumptions about me. How do you know how long the FBM or BF1 kept me interested for. You don't even know if they interest me at all?
I haven't contradicted myself at all.
Either you don't know what contradiction means, or you still don't understand (yet you still rant).

assumptions? didn't say you were in the same place as the OP?
Quote from farcar :
I am in the same place as the OP.

did the OP say he was bored with LFS in its current state?
Quote from imadude10 : I find it's current state boring.

now here's the bit where you contradict yourself:
Quote from farcar :LFS is far and away the best sim for my wants and needs. The alternatives aren't suitable, so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.

If LFS is everything you need in a sim, then why have you stopped playing it and claim to be bored with it (the OP did and you're in the "same place")
i'll break it down a touch more shall i? you basically said "LFS is everything i have ever needed or wanted in a sim. but i stopped play it." it doesn't make much sense does it?

are you still playing LFS? no? so the FBM and BF1 don't interest you any more? if they did then why say:
Quote from farcar : I'm not sim racing at the moment

you still don't see what i'm getting at? just remember this thread for when the patch is released and you're still bored.
you might also want to learn what a rant is.
Quote from dadge :you still don't see what i'm getting at? just remember this thread for when the patch is released and you're still bored.
you might also want to learn what a rant is.

I have no idea what you're getting at.
Why can't I be bored of LFS's current content, yet still like it?
Why have you made another baseless assumption that I'll be bored after the patch is released.
You're boring me though.
Quote from farcar :I have no idea what you're getting at.
Why can't I be bored of LFS's current content, yet still like it?
Why have you made another baseless assumption that I'll be bored after the patch is released.
You're boring me though.

nothing baseless (you seem to like that word)in any of my posts buddy. nor have i assumed anything. if you'd like to show me where i made these assumptions, i can always show you (again) where i got the info from.
how do i know you'll be bored with LFS once the patch has been released? you're currently bored with LFS. so, you will be bored with LFS again. your last sentence also tells me that you get bored easily..... it's ok. i don't expect you to understand. after all, you're having difficulty following this conversation.
Quote from dadge :if you'd like to show me where i made these assumptions, i can always show you (again) where i got the info from.

Sure. I've listed some of your baseless assumptions below, and I'll look forward to seeing your no doubt, inane response as to where you got your info from.
I'll even give you the last say, so that this thread can be released to the rest of the forum users.
See ya...

Some of the baseless assumptions made by Dadge:
  • That I think the current LFS version is unplayable.
  • That I blame LFS for my current lack of sim activity.
  • That I blame LFS for my unwillingness to compromise and play something else while I wait.
  • That I am or aren't interested in the BF1 and FBM.
  • That I will still be bored when the patch is released.
Jesus Christ... I posted a simple thread stating I was bored of the game and hope that the next patch rekindles my interest and you two numbskulls go off in an all out Duel.

Perhaps this is why I stopped playing LFS. Not because I found it boring, or wasn't that great at it. Maybe it's the fact that most of the LFS community act like children, constantly yelling at each other and being completely nonconstructive.
Quote from farcar : Sure. I've listed some of your baseless assumptions below, and I'll look forward to seeing your no doubt, inane response as to where you got your info from.
I'll even give you the last say, so that this thread can be released to the rest of the forum users.
See ya...

i'll add a quote to each point to show you where i got the info. concentrate now, this is going to be tough.

Some of the baseless assumptions made by Dadge:
That I think the current LFS version is unplayable.
Quote from farcar : I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.

That I blame LFS for my current lack of sim activity.
Quote from farcar : LFS is far and away the
best sim for my wants and needs. The alternatives aren't suitable

Quote from farcar : so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.

That I blame LFS for my unwillingness to compromise and play something else while I wait.
Quote from farcar : LFS is far and away the best sim for my wants and needs. The alternatives aren't suitable

+
Quote from farcar : so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.

that's your loss and nobody elses.

Quote from farcar :That I am or aren't interested in the BF1 and FBM.

(you might want to check your lap count out on LFSW FBM and BF1 don't look too good on your profile. fbm=29 laps @ BL1. you've done 64 online laps on the BF1(since its release). that's 60 laps @ blackwood and 4 at KY3
Quote from farcar :That I will still be bored when the patch is released.

you've driven the BF1 twice on track (since its release)and your stats for the FBM tell the same story.

now i haven't quoted anythign from the OP as you don't seem to understand why i'm quoting him. remember you said you're in the same place as the op. so, we could look at the op's comments and apply them to your statements too. since you're in the same place that is...
Quote from imadude10 :Jesus Christ... I posted a simple thread stating I was bored of the game and hope that the next patch rekindles my interest and you two numbskulls go off in an all out Duel.

Perhaps this is why I stopped playing LFS. Not because I found it boring, or wasn't that great at it. Maybe it's the fact that most of the LFS community act like children, constantly yelling at each other and being completely nonconstructive.

thanks for the compliment but nope, i'm not the messiah. we're not yelling at each other either. see, that's the thing about the internet. you can't post your opinions and then get all hissy when other post theirs no matter how much you disagree with them. nobody was insulting anyone until you came here calling people numbskulls. you've already stated why you left LFS. no point changing you mind now buddy.
Ah, crap. I was really tired last night. I apologize for my rash and hasty response.

I've been browsing the forums and decided to give in and hook up my G25 and try LFS once more. I'll just need somebody to help me learn some better racing techniques and teach me how to adjust my car's setup.

Thanks
GTR Racing
Gimme a break. I'm try to get a hang of car control XD. I need setups too. So, I'm tinkering with stuff to see what they do.
Quote from imadude10 :Gimme a break. I'm try to get a hang of car control XD. I need setups too. So, I'm tinkering with stuff to see what they do.

if you need setups go to team inferno or setupgrid and hit the button to download every setup.
Yeah sorry m8,

Look out for GTR racing,. good set of lads on there and they dont mind sharing setups, and helping, if u ask
Link
Follow my link imadude10 ;-)
It'll guide you to friendly league. Probably closer to your speed. ;-)
Don't get mistaken by our league name. We take all racers. ;-)

Mixed Feelings
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG