The online racing simulator
#1 - jsrk
A Twin Drift system
Hello,

I think LFSLapper dosen't have a twin drift system (pair drifting)

Could someone code 1 ? Like in Lislon there is a ''twin'' system.

Would be very nice if someone could do it

Regards
jsrk
Quote from jsrk :..LFSLapper dosen't have a twin drift system (pair drifting). Could someone code 1 ?...

What does it do?

What does it show? 2 scoreboards at once?

How does it work? When I've seen drift competitions, it's usually 2 drivers going out together, competing against each other, but the cars staying close together. When I've seen drift videos, where drivers aren't competing, the drivers try to keep the cars together - sort of in synch. Probably a technical name for these 2 types of drifting, but I'm not a drifter, so don't know. So do you add driver's points together?

Is it done in lapper code?

Problem I have with lapper is that although I can do basic things with current player (meaning the person that see's the lapper stuff on their screen), and have done a leaderboard that works by giving details of drivers immediately in front and behind, I don't know how you can show one specific drivers lapper 'event' on another drivers screen without using a global button.

For instance.

You have the driftmeter.lpr module enabled, and you rack up drift points.

The module is written with private buttons so each driver sees only their own scores. You could do with global buttons, so everyone sees everybodys score. Not sure how that would work if 2 or more people drifting at once, but assume it shows a driver name with scores, getting overwritten with new driver name and scores, then overwritten again..and again..and again.

Might be possible to have 2 scoreboards, with one with private buttons (yours) and other with global buttons (everyone else), although not sure how you'd keep the 'focus' on a specific driver. More likely that if you make a drift while other person doesn't, that you're score would end up in both scoreboards, until other driver drifts and overwrites the global scoreboard. For them it would show vice versa.

Does lapper allow you to 'focus' on other player (probably have to think about spectators, people in pits as well as people driving), especially if you don't specify a particular driver?

Can you specify a specific (!) driver with lapper?
#3 - jsrk
Thank you Sinanju for replay

Lislon has a system that 2 drivers drift to getter and when the lap is finished the points are counted together and there is a command where you can see top twin scores. But more fun if not coping Your idea is good that all will see everyone's drift scoreboard (those who twin) There can be even 5 people twinning. When lap is finished the points are counted together and you could add a command where it has the top twin scores (like !ts).

EDIT : Now i remember mayb. How to get the Speeding in pits off ? When you speed in pits you get kicked

Thank you
-jsrk-

P.S. I am feeling that something is missing from that post lol
Quote from jsrk :Lislon has a system that 2 drivers drift to getter and when the lap is finished the points are counted together and there is a command where you can see top twin scores. But more fun if not coping Your idea is good that all will see everyone's drift scoreboard (those who twin) There can be even 5 people twinning. When lap is finished the points are counted together and you could add a command where it has the top twin scores (like !ts).l

Unlikely I'd take this on, but I may look at it a bit.

I need to think about adding points together and having more than 1 scoreboard.

Quote from jsrk :How to get the Speeding in pits off ? When you speed in pits you get kicked ol

Look for Event OnFastDriveOnPitL1, etc, in your lfslapper.lpr file. If you don't want these penalties, put a hash (#) mark in front of the lines.
Quote from sinanju :Unlikely I'd take this on, but I may look at it a bit.
I need to think about adding points together and having more than 1 scoreboard.

1.The best way is to check if both of the players are close and then when the drift 'combo' ends, add both of scores to a scoreboard.

2.If distance is bigger than i defined value then score is getting reset same if one of the players spin out.

3.Finishing the lap will save the score to a "twinscores" list.

Thats the best way i would do it.

EDIT: Addition to 1st it would be better to compare the drift combo of each player and if the difference is less than 3000 for example, then add it to scoreboard. In that way you can prevent a player drifting and the other just following.
Quote from DarkKostas :it would be better to compare the drift combo of each player and if the difference is less than 3000 for example, then add it to scoreboard. In that way you can prevent a player drifting and the other just following.

(Player1DriftScore + Player2DriftScore) / 2

That way it averages the values, and makes each driver equally responsible for the final overall score.
Quote from Dygear :(Player1DriftScore + Player2DriftScore) / 2

That way it averages the values, and makes each driver equally responsible for the final overall score.

Thats good too, but i was thinking that if the players are not doing the same, which means not the same score, it will be like it never happend. So even player1 and player2 score wont count. Not just the one that "follows"
Quote from Dygear :(Player1DriftScore + Player2DriftScore) / 2

Quote from DarkKostas :Thats good too, but i was thinking that if the players are not doing the same, which means not the same score, it will be like it never happend. So even player1 and player2 score wont count. Not just the one that "follows"

The maths of this system would be the easy bit, and anyone that wanted to use the system could change it to suit how they feel it should be.

Look at something I did before HERE that gave a skill rating for drifting rather (or as well as giving) points.

That was just down to interpretation of what you thought skill was.

Changing the maths after the coding was done was the easy part!

The hardest part of this system, especially using lapper, is getting the focus of the coding on the other driver.

Lapper is very good at getting and displaying information on the current driver (you on the server that is looking at the screen), and it's very easy to show your position, points, ranking, pb's, sector times, etc.

But I don't know how to, or even if could be done, get information on another specific player.

I've done displays that show name, points for current drift, points for all drifts during lap, angle of car, speedtraps, etc., with each driver having their own private display that shows what they are doing.

It would be very easy to change these so that they're global displays, but it would show information only on the very last person to have made a legal drift, passed a speedtrap, etc. So if you have 10 people on the server and on track at same time, it would constantly update with last person making drift, passing speedtrap, etc.

But.

I couldn't make it choose to only give me scores/angles/speed of a specific driver.

This may be a llimitation of lapper in its current form but may well be a limitation imposed by my lack of coding skills.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG