The online racing simulator
Quote from frokki :I don't have those problems because I don't have any friends who could ask me anything

Aaaaaaaawwwwwww,
Friends is an overrated luxury
Just kidding of course
I was single, for a while, and then had a GF, for a while, and am single again, for a while
I just say: "been practicing to defend my championship title", works quite well
But then they say "Oh, really? *smile* - What championship?"

You say "The LFS, S2, uber elite championship 2005 ofcourse. - The BREAST, i mean best, online simulator championship evarrr.

Go buy it and join the fun. www.liveforspeed.net"
#31 - axus
Quote from L(Oo)ney :But then they say "Oh, really? *smile* - What championship?"

You say "The LFS, S2, uber elite championship 2005 ofcourse. - The BREAST, i mean best, online simulator championship evarrr.

Go buy it and join the fun. www.liveforspeed.net"

ROFL!
Usually "Having had a race" should do the trick. As long as they don't ask: "Yeah? Did you win?". Than, after my honest answer ("No"), they brag a bout that I should be better, as I spend so much time in front of my comp...
I've found that the only meber of the fairer sex that has actually tried my LFS rig (clutch and all - chuck 'em in at the deep end!) she took yo it quite well and has now started driving lessons, "i think i could probably get the hang of this driving lark" she said just before she scared herself whitless with the FXR.

still no shag tho'
#34 - axus
Hmmm, I wonder how they would react to something like "Stuff that would be completely un-interesting to someone who is not a petrolhead, so I won't bore you with it... What about you?"
Girls and computer = 2 extremes. that never fix together. Girls want be 24h per day busy and they need all your attention They NEVER understand why you play and why you have fun with that. Dont matter if its a crappy tetris game or a hardcore driving simulation like LfS S2 - for girls its just "computer crap/child toy"

I hang out with cool girls that are into games, so I don't have awkward moments like that.
Or, if your girl is not like that, you can always lie and tell her you were having sex with supermodels, and then hung out with Tom Cruise...and later had sex with him as well.

Whenever I'm asked what I've been doing, I never once tell a prospective Mrs. Famous I spent all day playing Live For Speed. Instead what I do is slowly sip a Martini, punch out the nearest Russian super villian and retire to my hotel room with a girl who just left the swimming pool.

True story.
I talk about LFS alot at work because the person sitting next to me also play LFS so we have alot to talk about after a weekend of racing , the other day a hot chick sitting behind me that would generaly not give me the time of day overheard me talking about joining a race team and having to practise with the team etc .... and she said "are you talking about a real racing team" ..man if I was'nt married i would have probably lied and said "yes" ..Those real drivers must be getting plenty of action
Quote from Theafro :still no shag tho'

:ices_rofl
Or what you could do, is to get one of Don's or Orion's pictures, shrink them down to photo size. Print on Photo paper. have a couple of them, and say, hay this is what I do

Honestly think they would be able to tell the difference
#41 - axus
Quote from Fordman :Or what you could do, is to get one of Don's or Orion's pictures, shrink them down to photo size. Print on Photo paper. have a couple of them, and say, hay this is what I do

Honestly think they would be able to tell the difference

"Yeah, I don't think its geeky of me to carry around photos of my obsession/hobby that I do on my computer"
Quote from noemfie :I talk about LFS alot at work because the person sitting next to me also play LFS so we have alot to talk about after a weekend of racing , the other day a hot chick sitting behind me that would generaly not give me the time of day overheard me talking about joining a race team and having to practise with the team etc .... and she said "are you talking about a real racing team" ..man if I was'nt married i would have probably lied and said "yes" ..Those real drivers must be getting plenty of action

The correct answer to that question is, in fact, "yes". Just because the cars aren't real doesn't mean that the team itself isn't real. Once you've got her out to dinner you can explain that the cars are simulated. If she complains, tell her how shallow she is, that you were hoping for a relationship based on something less superficial and stalk off in a huff. The next day at work could be...interesting.
#43 - axus
Quote from Resound :The correct answer to that question is, in fact, "yes". Just because the cars aren't real doesn't mean that the team itself isn't real. Once you've got her out to dinner you can explain that the cars are simulated. If she complains, tell her how shallow she is, that you were hoping for a relationship based on something less superficial and stalk off in a huff. The next day at work could be...interesting.

That is a nice way to do it... hehe...
The other important difference is that you're not a professional race driver (unless you happen to be getting paid to do it), so it's technically nothing more than a hobby (regardless of the cars being made of metal or electrons).
I'm married, so I don't smoosch too much with the honey's, but when someone at work asks me what I did over the weekend, I just tell them about how crappy I did in my league race. Then in the case of my brother-in-law, he says, yea, I saw you in a private server so I jumped on Kyoto Ring National and ran some there. Or others will then tell me about their RC racing they did over the weekend. I had one guy begging me to find the specs on his computer on the internet to see if he could run LFS (he knows nothing about computers and couldn't tell me the processor even). I couldn't find his spec though, but probably a 1.8 celeron with onboard graphics. I told him probably not as he also only has 128 mb Ram, the only thing he knew about the PC.
#46 - Gizz
hehehe awsome post.....

look guys ya got it all wrong you gota draw this out a little bit more...

if they ask just wipe you brow put you glass down and say "nearly died thats what" that will spark the interest and soften em up, the you proceed after they ask in shock "what do you mean"...

"well i race (insert you car) you see and nearly got kiled doing it today, i need another job (shake head)" then they come back with " omg really? what happened?" then the fun begins....

"well i wont bore you with the technical side, but basicly we strugled all week end with the car setup, it was lap 15 of the 4 round and the back was comming round on me in every corner, and let me tell you at 150MPH you dont want that, ANYWAy (slight sigh) i was strugling to keep my 4th place the car was all over the track, then it happend 170 mph! into shavers corner (cough) the right rear tire exploded from then on i was just a passenger, race control said i hit the concrete wall at somthing in the region of 140 mph, after i came to rest i was pulled from the car then i ran strait back to pits jumped into my second car, the boss tried to stop me but its the driver in me ya know?, well i managed to catch the rest up and unfortunatly only managed a 2nd place with 2 seconds behind the leader, so a bad day really. (shake head and let out a puff/sign) but atleast im still in good shape to win the championship so its not all bad.... so enough about me what about you....."

but ofcorse im married so i none of that aplies to me as if my missus smells another female within 100 yds of me im wishing i was wearing a helmit, i tell ta sadam's got nothing on her
LOOLOL made my day
#48 - Gizz
if the wife reads that i wont see another day :bowdown: :bath:
#49 - axus
Rofl!
Sounds fiesty hahah

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG