The online racing simulator
How do you listen to music
(54 posts, started )
High bitrate music -> Foobar -> Creative Audigy 2 SE -> Behringer MS40. I had to ditch the hi-fi I used to have because I had nowhere to put the speakers, so I got these smaller Behringer speakers with an internal amp.
Pirated music in Itunes with my headphones on.
Winamp + logitech 5.1 surround sound + turned up as far as it can go while still sounding crisp.

MMMMMMM, bass!
Erm, Winamp is always on, and in the car I plug in my Samsung MP3 player to the stereo!
#30 - JJ72
Live.
Right now im listening trough my broken Creative HS-1000 headset. Usually im with my lovely vintage 2x RRR S90's (30w rms) and annoy my neighbours with them (being very serious, people who know about audio - will understand).

That pretty much sums it up.
i use my mobile phone and the internet mostly but i have a stupidly large music collection ( not including mp3's, that in itself is a joke... )
Quote from DevilDare :MP3 + Internet at home. Phone outside.

Oh god, don't tell me you're one of those cocks who plays music out of their mobile phone on buses.

If you are, please PM me your address so I can kill you before I bum you (in a completly non-gay and unpleasurable way) i.e rape.
I listen to FM radio, commercials and all. Or lastfm on my phone. I don't like torrents and I can't ever justify paying for cd's. Not very big into itunes especially since they raised the prices, maybe only 400 songs.
Memory Stick for the car (USB connectivity ftw )

Internet Radio for at home (through iTunes)
Lots of mp3s, mp4s and Flacs on my external HDD when I'm at my desk, my Cowon iAudio for train rides etc, in car I still use selfmade Mix-CDs, since the radio has no Mp3 capability nor any port for USB or 3.5" jacks. I have a lot of original CDs, but don't use those in the car, would suffer too much.

And radio too, especially when I need traffic info or listen to football
Ipod in my Harman&Kardon speaker dock.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh god, don't tell me you're one of those cocks who plays music out of their mobile phone on buses.

Those people really piss me of.
headphone
Either on my phone with earphones or on my PC on speakers. And the format is 99% MP3... I'd like to have it all in aac. (Don't tell me it's the same, I have a few songs in aac and it's like a million times better than in MP3.)
Usually on my PC in digital form with my Logitech Boxes, sometimes with rather cheap headphones.
If I'm on the go through my earphones that are connected to the iPhone.
Also, Live. At least planning to.
LPs.
Usually on the home stereo (CDs) but coming to Turkey this time around we had to sell off all of our stuff which couldn't come with us from Melbourne, which meant the stereo is gone. Our CDs and books got boxed away and are in storage at mums. Always wanted a really great (physical) music collection but I'm too nomadic to really accumulate a lot of music. We will go into town today to look at hi-fi but I don't even have decent CDs to test right now. No music... nothing to play it on.

Not a fan of MP3s outside because I like setting the space to really listen properly at home, instead of half listening while walking around dodging cars and trams.
Mostly on PC (FLACs, played by fb2k with ASIO output + EMU 1212M) with Sennheiser HD 595's, sometimes on mp3 player (Cowon D2 8GB, Sennheiser CX-870).
Quote from matijapkc :And the format is 99% MP3... I'd like to have it all in aac. (Don't tell me it's the same, I have a few songs in aac and it's like a million times better than in MP3.)

and FLAC is million times better than AAC.
good job finding all the songs you like in flac. I have maybe 5k flacs out of total of 50k tunes
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :good job finding all the songs you like in flac.

Doesn't takes much more than a wat.cd account with a decent ratio :P
Depends where I am, at home on my hi-fi through either cd's or ipod, if on the move then definately ipod.
#49 - Woz
Before I moved to NZ about 6 years ago I was a serious vinyl junkie. I have a high end Linn LP12 with Naim amps.

Now I just use MP3s. At work I have 50Gb of tunes that I listen to while I work. Other than that I use my droid phone as a player

I loved the quality the LP12 could give, no CD player could match it as long as the recording was good enough, but MP3s transformed music for me
Ipod in the car, Itunes and youtube when i'm on the computer, record player and vinyl when in the living room.

How do you listen to music
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG