The online racing simulator
BG1.eu Cloud | Virtual OS
(35 posts, started )
Hello,
just finished my project, and i want to be tested before i release it and advertise it. All the information about it is here http://bg1.eu . The desktop system is opensource with many modifications by me. The prices listed in my site are for the hosting of your files and the OS system gives you full experience managing them. So i need 20 beta testers to test the system for couple of hours and fill one small form.All the beta testers will have 1 year accounts for free. So what you need to do is send me private message here /The first 20 people only/ with the following details:

20 People reached. Closed beta is closed for new beta testers

I will reply you when i activate you and give further instructions.

For the users here. You can test the loading speed of two different sites
bg1.eu and lfs-bg.net
lfs-bg.net is on Bulgarian hosting.
bg1.eu is In California.
if bg1 loads slower i will upgrade my hosting in Bulgaria.

ONLY FOR GOOD HEARTED USERS!

UPDATE: Beta test is over. The bugs are cleaned. Thanks to all beta testers!! The site is open and accepts new registrations. The SSL is up. The google adwords companie are up and runing. If you got some ideas for SEO optimization or for the site in general, please fell free to post them here or PM me.
#2 - J@tko
American flag for "English"

EDIT: Your thing on the homepage runs through too quick - I read quickly and even I can't read it all before it changes :P And cables is spelt wrong.
Quote from J@tko :American flag for "English"

EDIT: Your thing on the homepage runs through too quick - I read quickly and even I can't read it all before it changes :P And cables is spelt wrong.

Thank you. Fixed
You can click the buttons to hold it in one place
the slider is quick review for keeping the users interested.
Will you be releasing it for others to host on their own websites?
After the tests in a couple of days, the system will be open for everyone. I will post here when everything is done and running.
are these gnome gui sessions? how do you manage connections (nx, xen, etc)?
The wording on the main page, where it mentions viruses and errors could do with re-writing, as the grammar is not so hot.

Instead of
Quote :For our system does not exist and there will be no viruses, crashes and errors.You will not lose your files, access and security.

Maybe something like:
Quote :BG1 is completely secure and is not subject to viruses, crashes or errors. You will not lose your files, access or security.

EDIT: In fact there are a few places where the english could be worded better.

Quote :To access your files anywhere, BG1 gives you recognition for the system you use and adapt to it. If our customers have weaker machines, the operating system is going great, because it uses minimal and mild FLASH applications.

Maybe instead:

Quote :To allow you to acces your files anywhere, BG1 recognises the technology you use and adapts to it. Our Operating System is optimised to perform effectively, even on weaker systems.

Although I think there is a better wording than 'weaker systems', possibly you shouldn't be telling potential customers their system is 'weak'. I dunno though, I'm no marketing graduate.
Quote from Crashgate3 :The wording on the main page, where it mentions viruses and errors could do with re-writing, as the grammar is not so hot.

Instead of
Maybe something like:

EDIT: In fact there are a few places where the english could be worded better.

Maybe instead:

Thank you. I will make the changes in couple of hours.

Quote from bunder9999 :are these gnome gui sessions? how do you manage connections (nx, xen, etc)?

This is OS made by php coding and so on.. the connections are managed like a normal site.
Didn't register/log in as I don't really have time to test this for you (but it looks interesting) - However, when I was navigating your site and I went to the login page, I was a little worried to notice a lack of secure connections. Maybe you have it in the background somewhere however I didn't notice anything that would indicate so.

We have a cloud managed service at our company and one the most important thing is secure access. If you think, you can store your files (in our case, manage a customers firewall and IPS devices) and access them anywhere, so can anyone else if they can eavesdrop on the data transfer during the login process so should be encrypted from the s

If you haven't already, get some encyrption for data transit, SSL is better than nothing but you could fairly easily get AES-256 to work. (but as Amp will tell you that's overkill, la la la la)

I tried to log in with some made up credentials (obviously it didn't work) and noticed the logo and the login box would glitch from side to side, I presume this isn't as designed. I tested used the Firefox 3.6.13. Also when it says "redirecting in 3 seconds or click here", the language on my tab displays in a weird character set (I'm presuming again that this is your native language, since I clicked on the "english" version it may be worth changing! Little things like that are noticed by paying customers.

Also from the login tab, there was no way to go back to the main page without clicking back in your browser.

It might also be worth changing the data limits for your home, worker and business. Personally as a "home user" I wouldn't want to be uploading 10's (up to 100gb) of data. Although the prices seem quite reasonable so maybe I'll shut up.

Quote from Crashygateypoo :To allow you to acces your files anywhere, BG1 recognises the technology you use and adapts to it. Our Operating System is optimised to perform effectively, even on weaker systems.

Perhaps, To allow you to acces your files anywhere, BG1 recognises the technology you use and adapts to it. Our Operating System is optimised to perform effectively, even on older hardware.

Something like that.

Best of luck with the venture sir.
Yes, but remember. If you secure it, you're okay with only 10 bit encryption as it'll take hours to crack it. Don't bother with the 256 bit one!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, but remember. If you secure it, you're okay with only 10 bit encryption as it'll take hours to crack it. Don't bother with the 256 bit one!

10 bit is overkill, 2 bit will be fine. The smaller the bit the better it is, like Nintendo!1!!

JAJAJAJ.

JA.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I tried to log in with some made up credentials (obviously it didn't work) and noticed the logo and the login box would glitch from side to side, I presume this isn't as designed.

no, that's as designed, they just don't give you any other visual notification that the login was unsuccessful. check the eyeos v2 demo site...

that said, how does running eyeos on a single webserver make you a cloud?
Ugh the term 'cloud' has become so popular these days, and people don't even know what it means
I had a look at the website and I still don't really get what it does. Can someone explain this to me? Is it just like a personal computer on the internet so I can access it anywhere/anytime?
In couple of days i will buy "RapidSSL"
i think it will handle the job.
If you want, you can try to hack me. The program is this http://codebutler.github.com/firesheep/
run mozilla firefox under compability mode of windows xp sp3
/please use this program only for test purposes/

If you can hack me, we will try again after the SLL is installed
In all seriousness... The world does not need another site that is essentially a bunch of third-party applications thrown together on a cheap web server, that stores your files in a 'cloud'.

I'm not being funny but it's a waste of time. It's even more of a waste of time if you don't learn anything about the technologies you are actually using. Not unlike the "General forum" we had here recently.
I don't like the JQuery animations, they get in the way, they are not intuitive, and I don't know why some of the images are links when they don't go anywhere.

Also I can't work out what it is you're actually selling.

I think the user experience needs a lot of work. Simplify it.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I had a look at the website and I still don't really get what it does. Can someone explain this to me? Is it just like a personal computer on the internet so I can access it anywhere/anytime?

it's trying to be, yes. a shell or a xen session is more featureful though.
The SSL certificate will be with upto 256-bit SSL encryption and 99% Browser Recognition, so the site will be secure. You can try the mobile version too. It supports many phone browsers.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't like the JQuery animations, they get in the way, they are not intuitive, and I don't know why some of the images are links when they don't go anywhere.

Also I can't work out what it is you're actually selling.

I think the user experience needs a lot of work. Simplify it.

The images links will be removed in a couple of hours (i was going to put the full size images when clicked but no need for that).
Read more carefully and you will understand what i am selling.
Looks great, discovered no bugs so far.
It does look great.

I don't however really get the point of the service. Why would you want an operating system that runs in your browser?
Well with that operating system you can login from everywhere across the world and have your files in one secure place (before couple of months my hard disk has broken and i lost all my important files and memories /images/ for that i got the idea to install this system and make great offers). I think this service is cheap because she offers so many things and 100gb space.For example if you go to a friend you dont need to use a flash drive to share your files with him. Is great for companies too if they want to share their work (UNICO service) and acces it from everywhere. Also there are free shared folders and they will include shared music documents and so on.. everyone can upload files there and everyone can see them (the files will be checked daily for 18+ content)... I will take for example Rapidshare.com..

RapidPro
50GB storage
150GB traffic / 30 days

500 Rapids 5.99 €..

well i offer 7$ for a year with unlimited traffic and 100gb space with online operating system that offers many functions like document editing, music player, office instruments and so on.. Secured with 256 bit SSL (in couple of days will install it) and many other background systems. Your data will be no accessible from other peoples and bots. When you upload your files they are coded so no one can acces them directly (The attaker needs to now your randomly choosen by the system name of the folder that your files are stored, your username, the subfolders that your files are in and if he reaches that point (that is impossible) he can not open your files because they are encrypted by the system)

/i will include this information in the site for better understanding of his meaning/
Quote from J@tko :American flag for "English"

The English language shall henceforth be known as "American." Specific dialects of what was formerly known as English as spoken by British and Australian people shall henceforth be known as "British American" and "Australian American," respectively.

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG