The online racing simulator
How do you listen to music
(54 posts, started )
How do you listen to music? MP3 player, iPhone, radio, internet, vinyl?

If the 50’s and 60's were the era of the record, in the 70's we had tape, (lovely 8-tracks and cassettes!), and the Sony Walkman, then CD's in the 80’s and now MP3's.

This Day in Music is running a poll to find out how you listen to your music.

If you fancy having a vote http://tinyurl.com/tdimpoll
Mostly MP3 through XMPlay

Or at home with winamp or youtube instead of Nokia
When I'm travelling, it's mp3s on my iPod, or last.fm on my phone.

At home it's mp3s on my computer.

*Very* occasionally I'll sit and listen to a CD with headphones on.
Radio mostly
I burned my first CD of MP3s for my new-to-me radio in the car capable of playing MP3s. Only half of them play. Thus, I still play normal CDs.

The only thing I use an MP3 player for is for plugging into the guitar amp with backing tracks. It's not my MP3 player, but my wife's. Thus, I only have a few backing tracks on it and she keeps deleting them because she can't figure out how to not have them play.

I still need an antenna adapter to plug in the aftermarket radio into the VW antenna (been too dang cold out to bother with it since I first installed the radio), or else I would usually just listen to the radio.
At home, with the computer. I listen to various compressed formats stored on the HD, and a couple of internet radio stations. On the move, cheapo usb-stick-cum-mp3-player.
with Jacks ears
Was internet radio (Pandora) but then changed to mp3's thanks to getting discographies of my favorite bands. So at home I just listen to them through my PC. Any other time I listen to in my car (Data Disc of 150 mp3's), or my iPod when walking around on campus (Uni).
At home on my computer: I often have music on while playing a multiplayer game, with multiple full albums queued up on VLC and playing through my Grado RS1i headphones.

At work: Cowon D2+ with basically all the same albums as my home computer and a cheap-ish set of Sennheiser ear buds (not IEM's).

Driving: If I'm in my own vehicle, I may bring some CD's with me and put them in. If I'm in a rental with satelite radio, I'll put it on the indie station and keep it there. I very rarely listen to plain old radio.
MP3 and Youtube at home, Radio and USB in the car..
MP3 + Internet at home. Phone outside.
Itunes.
fuufuubar.
My ears?
PSP when on the go (kinda big but yeah)...... and Grooveshark at home.
at home - computer speakers/headphones
not at home - mp3 player
In the van its mostly just FM radio and at home I use OVI player but only because I managed to blag an unlimited free account from the wife

SD.
flac -> foobar2000 -> nforce 3 digital coax out -> unknown Cambridge Soundworks d/a converter/amp/subwoofer -> unknown Cambridge Soundworks speakers

The speaker system is from 2001.

And I usually need to trigger songs manually instead of listening to whole albums/playlists.
Spotify or Winamp, I always have music on when at my pc. Otherwise radio 2
Quote from Lible :flac -> foobar2000 -> nforce 3 digital coax out -> unknown Cambridge Soundworks d/a converter/amp/subwoofer -> unknown Cambridge Soundworks speakers

The speaker system is from 2001.

And I usually need to trigger songs manually instead of listening to whole albums/playlists.

flac/mp3->fuubar->asus xonar d2-> Some of the 3x z5500 (4th may be coming)-> ears
Radio, friends' Spotify or Youtube
Outdoors I use my iPod Touch and Sennheiser HD215 headphones, indoors I use Amarok and my laptop. I'm pretty much of a music addict and except studying there is always something playing in my room
#24 - Zay
iPod touch 8GB with skullcandy lowriders, or on the radio in my car, through my computer speakers with Itunes, or finally on the sterio in my room.
youtube - 70% in the car - 19% Phone - 1%

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG