The online racing simulator
[SOLVED]PC will not even enter the bios!
Hello! I have a big, big problem, and many of questions

Okay, this happened to me 1 month ago, my PC will not even enter the bios, lights will work, fans will work and other stuff, but not bios

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

Changed bios-battery
resetted jumper of bios (from 1st and 2nd pins to 2nd and 3rd, that CMOS thing) have waited at least 10minutes for theoretical reset of bios
tested power supply about will that have electricity (there is electricity)
tested graphics card
tested memory
tested display
EDIT: tested integrated GPU of motherboard, no lucky there.

PROBLEM

PC will not even enter the bios, it just runs but like blank, no signal detected says in display

SPECS:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core
nVidia 9800GT
4GB of DDR2 800MHz

Power Supply: Chieftec GPS-450AA-101 A
Motherboard: A740GM-M ( you put it on google and you see the motherboard)

PC have some dust, but not greatly
Temperature might get somewhere 80 of celsius degrees

I need help and tips about what should be wrong. You can ask the questions about and I will try to answer as best as I can

This PC is actually pretty powerful, as I get 300 fps(not always) (and still 100 fps when full graphics but with best performance). I have had 9800GTX also but it somehow got broken and I took 9800GT and I have managed with it greatly, as I only play LFS as regularly.

Thanks for helping me, if you take for me some 2 cents.

Problem Solved! It was the motherboard! I have now a new one!
When something like this happens, it's either GPU, motherboard or CPU. Since you've tested the video card, my bet is that the MB is fried...
Quote from MadCatX :When something like this happens, it's either GPU, motherboard or CPU. Since you've tested the video card, my bet is that the MB is fried...

how that could be happened? dust? or being too hot?
#4 - Bean0
This motherboard has on-board graphics according to ECS website.

Have you tried plugging your monitor into the output for the onboard GPU to see if this is being used instead of your dedicated graphics card ?
Quote from Bean0 :This motherboard has on-board graphics according to ECS website.

Have you tried plugging your monitor into the output for the onboard GPU to see if this is being used instead of your dedicated graphics card ?

wait I test it now

EDIT: same result, not entering to bios
Does your PC actually boot (you can head HDD working, windows startup sound etc), it's just the screen that remains blank or is it that you press power button, fans spool up but that's about it?

If it's the latter, then I guess you need a new MB or CPU. Does your MB have any kind of diagnostic tool (leds, display, beeping PC speaker) that would tell you if there was some problem detected?
Quote from MadCatX :Does your PC actually boot (you can head HDD working, windows startup sound etc), it's just the screen that remains blank or is it that you press power button, fans spool up but that's about it?

If it's the latter, then I guess you need a new MB or CPU. Does your MB have any kind of diagnostic tool (leds, display, beeping PC speaker) that would tell you if there was some problem detected?

I hear nothing

only fans spool up and thats it

no beepers, no display, only kind of little led in multi-card leader which is on red, which that means the computer is not ready yet to use any card on multi card reader
your mb is gone
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :your mb is gone

I strongly agree ur opinion...

anyway I will give one last chance, I will reset everything, im gonna remove all and put only mb and cpu and psu units and going to use integrated gpu

and ram ofc

and some wires to get it work, and hdd

anyway I put minimun stuff inside of case, so let's see

brb in here soon
You said "tested memory", do u mean you have taken it out and put one stick in at the time? Tried without RAM just to see if bios works?

Almost everytime when my comp wont come to the bios post i just check the ram by removing some and trying them one at the time, or testing other sticks..

Hope it helps
Quote from Feffe85 :You said "tested memory", do u mean you have taken it out and put one stick in at the time? Tried without RAM just to see if bios works?

Almost everytime when my comp wont come to the bios post i just check the ram by removing some and trying them one at the time, or testing other sticks..

Hope it helps

yes, I mean RAM

EDIT: but nope, it did not help, maybe my motherboard is really dead
Feffe85, most motherboards won't output anything in case you have no RAM.

UM21, have you tried memtest86+'ing your RAM in another, working PC?
most MBs would start beeping like mad if started without RAM.

Does you MB maybe have one of those little LCD displays? (Epox MBs had those instead of a beeper)
Quote from E.Reiljans :
UM21, have you tried memtest86+'ing your RAM in another, working PC?

yes, they work fine

Quote from ACCAkut :most MBs would start beeping like mad if started without RAM.

Does you MB maybe have one of those little LCD displays? (Epox MBs had those instead of a beeper)

no hits about there, no LCD display, no any beeper sounds.

I can only notificate single little red led-light which tells to me that Multi-Card Reader is not ready yet to use.... it will stay on red.
UPDATE:

Okay, I will tell full story about what I have done with my computer.

Specs and earlier info is on 1st post. I also have repeated some options

What is happened?

PC Crashed

What is happening when putting power on?

Fans are spooling up.
HDD is working up.
PSU unit's spool is going up.
little led-light indicating on red, which tells that Multi-Card Reader is not yet ready to use.

What happens then, when I put screen back off and then on?

"No signal detected"

What you have checked about possibilities of one of your PC components might be broken?
(note that I have tested with other, but much weaker PC, which have no hard disk drive)

Power Supply: have tested electricity (there is electricity)
Bios-battery: have changed it
GPU: have tested it on other PC, it works
Display: Display works fine with other PC
RAM: RAM works on other PC, have tried to change from 4GB to 2GB
HDD: HDD works fine, have changed to put 80GB S-ATA HDD, no changes there
Cables: Have changed few cables for just incase, but nothing happened
DVD-Player: It works on computer, but as I told, nothing happens on screen

Motherboard
: might be possible that it is broken
CPU: might be possible that it is broken
Bios: might be possible that it is broken

What you think what is the reason this happened?

Virus: I hardly believe a virus might be in bios, but not 100% sure
Overheat: might be possible
Dust: Might be possible
Electricity Spike: I hardly believe this have happened, but not 100%
Static Electric Shock: no idea

My PC haven't any speaker or beeper or display, just a red-light what I have told
I have tried to start PC with CPU and RAM on and I have removed ALL stuff from my PC (ONLY RAM IS ATTACHED) but no chance there either

GIVE ANY NEW IDEAS WHAT I WOULD TEST, EVEN THERE IS VERY SMALL CHANCE TO GET IT WORK, BUT GET SUCCESS OR DIE TRYIN'
CPU.. ask some of your friends whether they have motherboard with same socket.
-
(amp88) DELETED by amp88
Do you have one of those little speaker things attached to your motherboard? Does it make any beeps when you turn it on? Have you tried booting without video card and hard drives and cd drives? Just boot with CPU and RAM attached to the motherboard, see if it beeps or something.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Do you have one of those little speaker things attached to your motherboard? Does it make any beeps when you turn it on? Have you tried booting without video card and hard drives and cd drives? Just boot with CPU and RAM attached to the motherboard, see if it beeps or something.

nope, it doesn't make any sounds
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :nope, it doesn't make any sounds

Does the case have a speaker? If so, is it connected properly to the motherboard (looking at an image of the board the speaker header is located just beside the SATA1 port)?
This symptoms are common to a defect PSU, could be mobo...but I'll put my money on the PSU ...
have you tried a different monitor? if the pc is booting up fine (no beep error codes) then there's a fair chance it could be the monitor or the cable connecting the monitor to the pc. if something like this happens to me, the first thing i would do is test a different monitor. if that fails, i'd then want to test the GPU in a different system. i'd systematically remove each component and test them.
it's a lengthy process but it will ensure you find the faulty component.

sorry if this has been mentioned before, the comments became quite repetitive.
Quote from dadge :have you tried a different monitor? if the pc is booting up fine (no beep error codes) then there's a fair chance it could be the monitor or the cable connecting the monitor to the pc. if something like this happens to me, the first thing i would do is test a different monitor. if that fails, i'd then want to test the GPU in a different system. i'd systematically remove each component and test them.
it's a lengthy process but it will ensure you find the faulty component.

sorry if this has been mentioned before, the comments became quite repetitive.

+1

Also, not to try and make you look like an idiot or anything, is the ATX12V connected to the mobo? Just checking, i dont know how many times i have missed it =)
Quote from Framaris :This symptoms are common to a defect PSU, could be mobo...but I'll put my money on the PSU ...

Quote from Feffe85 :+1

Also, not to try and make you look like an idiot or anything, is the ATX12V connected to the mobo? Just checking, i dont know how many times i have missed it =)

!!!!!!!!

hey! never thought that one, well it is connected! but it might be broken, surprisingly, I did not have tested that cable yet! so thumbs up!!!

trying to get one from some...

EDIT: no freaking idea how I that missed, but I told you there might be chance to get this mission successfull, HAH!

but have to wait to get part on
what was the problem?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG