The online racing simulator
Problem installing scanner - stupid windows wizard! [SOLVED]
So...yet another problem.

I have been trying to get a fairly old scanner to work (Canon FB630U) with Windows XP (it's not compatible with Windows 7) and I'm using the latest version of Virtual PC, so I can connect the scanner to it.

Thing is, the first time I "connected" the scanner to the computer, it was identified by Windows. Oh goodie. I extracted the necessary drivers to install the scanner with, and used the Wizard to install the scanner properly, but then it came up to me with this message (check attachment 1). Message reads: "The hardware device wasn't installed because the wizard couldn't find the necessary software" (...bollocks)

I don't really get it since I followed the instructions for the scanner to be properly installed, so I disconnected it and connected it again only to hear that "hardware connection fail" sound. It still is sort of recognised, though (check attachment 2)

In attachment 3, I specified the target where the necessary drivers were so it could be installed, but check attachment 4. That was the millisecond that the system took to try associating the drivers to the scanner, and the following screen is the same as in attachment 1.

Are there any other solutions for this? Buying a new scanner is not an option.

Cheers
Attached images
problem1.jpg
problem2.jpg
problem3.jpg
problem4.jpg
#2 - dadge
there is no attachments...
Does your Device Manager (right click My Computer > Properties > Device Manager) have any yellow exclamation marks next to Imaging devices? If you don't need to, don't install the whole bundle of stuff that comes with a scanner. You should be fine with just the driver. http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/ ... b_630u#DriversAndSoftware
Just downloaded the driver, and it did manage to install the scanner!
It's an improvement, now I have to get that thing to work...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG