The online racing simulator
Cheap 50cc moped in UK request
(33 posts, started )
Hello guys I am turning 16 next month and I am wanting to get a moped to get around on places with. I live in the UK ( Scottish Borders) so I can only travel in Uk to cOllect. I am wondering if any1 here has one that they would sell at a cheap price. I don't really know my budget at the minute but I guess I can get enough money if a good price comes up. I live in the country and I do know how to do minor fixEs if needed but I would rather buy one that is ready to go. Any ideas ??????

Thanks
Buy a new one. Bikes in general keep their worth, and are rather old to get really cheaper, and with buying it from a contract seller, you also have the advantage of warranty.
Would you be willing to ride 450 miles at 30mph?
Not really but if I was going to pick it up I would use my dad vw transporter. Or mybee the ford transit because it's a bit bigger. Depends on how big the moped is.
Darn I just thought. To get to Carlisle which is the nearest city( will I guess it's just a big town) would take nearly a hour an it's only like 25 miles away. Ahhwell that's my fault for not vein old enough to drive a car
#6 - Joe93
well unless we know your budget then we cant really help you, my mate gets brand new peds for £799, but with out a budget we cant look at what is available for you
I hate mopeds by the way, I was just entertaining the thought of someone riding 450 miles at 30mph....

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

*fill up with petrol/oil*

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*seize*
I am sorry but I don't know my budget. I know that if I can't get a used one then I have to get one from a company new and pay monthly. But mybee a budget for a used one of like 200 ( I can go higher but it depends on how much my parents help)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I hate mopeds by the way, I was just entertaining the thought of someone riding 450 miles at 30mph....

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

*fill up with petrol/oil*

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*seize*

I hate them too but where I live publictransport is a no go so mopeds are my only way of getting around. And I always LOL when some1 goes past on a moped cause they sound so stupid
Oh, that kind of budget.
With that you may just get a very down-ridden one, or pay monthly.
I bought mine for 599€ new, and that was dead cheap already.
yes i will pay more for a new one def but no point paying loads and loads for a used one when i know i can get a new one for like £550
That's what I meant - you can also keep your eyes open on some cheap new ones. Usually the asian mopeds aren't actually bad - mine just sounds unusual and doesn't run as smooth - but it does it's job as well as any.
You can get crappy Korean mopeds for about £800 new but they're shit.
Eh just wait another year and get a little car. With the winters the north are getting these days you'd have your moped under a tarp half the year anyway.
cool thanks. out of the blue i just got a phone call from some one asking if i wanted to buy there moped from them. he is selling it really cheap but i would need to some welding to it because he said he drove it like there was no tommorow. but i am now currently looking at cheap new mopeds. i will post some links when i find some
buy mine, i'll sell it for 2100£
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-DAE ... s&hash=item27b8707098

i wish that this was not something i should get but i guess thats something i got to look into. thanks everyone for tips and such. untill i get the moped i will keep looking and hopefully something will pop up

still not found any news ones cheaper then £550 any one seen a site selling them cheaper then that ?
#19 - Jakg
A new bike for £550 is probably going to be less reliable than a decent second hand one... I know what i'd rather ride at least.
yes thats all that has been going through my head. if i buy one of them then it means that i will be stuck at side of road with a moped sitting there not working. ahhwell if it comes to it then i think a horrible one might just have to do untill money comes avalible to get a better one
ok i have decided to wait and have a talk with my parents and ask them if they are going to help me at all. that can wait till the weekend but here is one more link for a cheapish but most likely just asw unworthy as the last new one.

http://www.scootercentral.co.uk/products.asp?ProdID=127

it just came to me that i have to think about getting insurance and gear. i already have a moped helmet but i need to get a bikers jacket. oh and the licence it's self cost around £120.
If you rush into buying something it will fail.

And learn to edit posts, it's irritating watch you make 2 posts within 5 minutes..
sorry the last forum i used to be part of all the people dont like you editing posts they just like you making new posts with updates so i am not used to editing posts Sorry!

and yes thats why i am waiting untill the weekend to have a good sitdown with the parents and just chat. after that i will post which one i am getting and everyone can laugh at me for buying a moped
Quote from thisnameistaken :Eh just wait another year and get a little car. With the winters the north are getting these days you'd have your moped under a tarp half the year anyway.

You barely even get snow in the winters but you put your mopeds away for the winter!? When I was young enough to drive a moped, I drove it all year around.

This one time at bandc..., I was was stopped by the fuzz because they thought my moped was tuned, on exiting a bend and swaying the back end way too long what they thought a legal moped could do. It wasn't exactly what you would call a tuned (only honed for maintenance sake), just skills and a worn out back tire meant for summer The police took it for a test drive to measure top speed etc and let me got without even a warning or a scorn
Quote :The Pulse Scout 49cc road scooter offers substantial build quality and reliability for a fraction of the price of its European rivals. With a smooth 4 stroke engine this is ideal for beginners and experienced moped riders alike.

Let me rewrite this to reflect reality...

The Pulse Scout 49cc road scooter offers even worse build quality and reliability than it's European rivals. With a 4 stroke engine straight from the USSR this is ideal for people who like to gain experience in rebuilding their moped after every ride.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG