The online racing simulator
Why I love LFS.
(16 posts, started )
Why I love LFS.
after having a particularly sh!tty day (as in REALLY sh!tty), i came home to check my email and saw a message from the LFS devs.

"Hello RevMonkey,

We at Live for Speed would like to wish you a happy birthday today!"

that brought a smile to my face... its the little things that make LFS much more than a game... it's a way of life.
On my birthday I got 5 messages from forums NONE from my family. Bunch of bums.
Hmm I turn 21 in 6 days, wonder if I'll get anything
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
i already got my present for my bday

.. a fifth generation 30gb ipod

..yep.. and i still owe my dad 50$ (dunno why, thats just what he said)
he also said it was my present for.. last bday, last christmas, this bday, this christmas, and next bday (i almost never get anything for my bday anyway so this was pretty awesome to get an ipod.. which.. actually i had to get it lol, it wasn't to much of a present when i was woken up at 8 in the morning to go "get some stuff")

twas a pleasent surprise when my sister told me i would get one though
Happy Birthday Rev! Hope the rest of your birthday is great!

My birthday last year was a particularily shi!te one aswell... This year's wasn't as bad - even though I spent the whole thing doing homework =/

XC - What are you legal for at 18 in the U.S.? Driving, "adult" stuffs, or voting? Drinking age is 21, isn't it?
no, i can drive (thats legal at 16 at home.. but i cant say i've seen many people drive at 16), just.. voting and other [adult] stuff, ya drinking is 21 (except where i am now, down here in bahamas the legal drinking age is 18)

@rev, any bday is a good bday, as long as you dont severely injure yourself or.. well, what put the cherry on my bday last year was my toilet overflowed right when i woke up... omg that sucked ass
I had a couple forums wish me a happy birthday last year, but somehow, the one from the LFS forum here felt more... real. It's probably because you can personally talk to the devs, it really is neat, I think.
My last three birthdays have sucked ass (though one had a valid reason to), but on my 20th the first three happy birthdays I got where from a lass in Canada, LFS Forum, and a guy in Australia. But I had to buy myself a present as none of my family did, so I went crazy and upgraded my PC.

Last year really sucked though, my own parents forgot it was my birthday until the next day.
But they did get me a car to say sorry (They ran out to the store first thing and got me loads of random "OHCRAPSORRY!" gifts, Kinder Suprise [wonder if anyone outside of the UK knows what that is], a toy car, some bubbles, and some gnats piss... sorry "larger" I believe is it's real name).

The year before (my 18th if you got lost) my dad lost his job 2 days before hand (the place he worked for made stuff for M&S, they decied to outsource to India, only to find the quality of work is horse crap, but can't bring the work back to the UK because all the factories they had are now in zones which are illegal for a factory to be), so that was a simple "we're piss broke, so we didn't even get you a chocolate bar" event.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for stupid price tagged gifts, a chocolate bar (though when I say chocolate bar, I do mean the 65%+ coco bars of chocolate, they kick major ass) or something with thought is all I need, such as the kick ass drawing I got from the above lass in Canada on my 20th, I still need to get a frame for it
haha actually lfs jumped the gun a bit, today's my birthday... thanks everyone

happy st. jean baptiste if you're quebecois!
btw you guys do realise them birthday messages from the devs are autoset to go out whenever it's someones birthday. I got one saying the exact same thing on my birthday.

And happy bday rev
#11 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :btw you guys do realise them birthday messages from the devs are autoset to go out whenever it's someones birthday. I got one saying the exact same thing on my birthday.

And happy bday rev

really? i thought Scawen really loved me :sorry:
Quote from Jakg :really? i thought Scawen really loved me :sorry:

Don't we all think that.

#13 - Jakg
Quote from avellis :Don't we all think that.

no, we KNOW that, why else would he of made S2?
If he REALLY loved us, he would give us S3 early
Its the thought that counts.
I spent my 18th Birthday all on my tod. Twas horrible.

I hope you had a good Rev Monkey.

Why I love LFS.
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG