The online racing simulator
Help needed! lfs.exe crash problem.
(6 posts, started )
Hi, very new to the whole LFS scene, but really loving it... Have a problem with game crashing displaying LFS.exe problem. I've trawled this forum looking for answers but haven't found it yet. Game crashes randomly, 30 mins, 1hour etc, doesn't make a difference.

Address of fault = 0x000000007c911639

1g RAM
Nvidia GeForce 6 6200 - 256mb ddr AGP 8x
P4 2.8 GHZ
80 G Hard

All latest drivers, latest LFS download S2, GPU temp fine, all security diasbled (norton etc).

Anybody help please, it's driving me mad...... Pardon the pun!!!
Have you turned off all overclocking. That's a good first thing to do. More than that I'm running out of ideas, but someone, maybe even Scawen, will be able to give you a better idea of what might be wrong.

For Scawen's diagnostics, if it comes to it, what exact version of LFS are you running? U?
yep version U. How do I turn off/on overclocking?? sorry!
I've been getting this since I started LFS (unfortunetely) I kindov got rid of it by getting rid of useless old crap that's on te pc, but now it has come back every so often.

When it starts, it does it every few mins, so I just restart the pc and before I use the game I turn off all task bar things like MSN (Not sign out, I hit exit) and winzip etc etc. Then play and it goes fine and doesn't crash.

I have no idea what causes it but this overclocking thing could be right but it happend to me when I just turned my pc on about 20 mins ago and I had to reboot and now it was fine.

I'm sure i'll have a look back in once more replies have been posted, maybe it can fix mine too.

Thanks,
I am having the same problem. I used to get at least 20+ laps in before a crash, but it just happened twice in a row about 10 seconds after connecting to a server. Crashes on replays too. About half the time these will be LFS.exe crashes to desktop, but the others are the lovely reset button crashes (computer just restarts as if someone has pushed the reset button) that happen when I playother games, but not half as often as with LFS. I'm assuming those are something hardware related.

The weird thing is that now when I start up LFS, it starts like it does the first time, and won't let me open my profile, says "could not open file". My gamepassword is still active, but all my settings are reset.illepall

AMD 3200
ATI 9600 256mb
512mb ram
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Hi all, just a quick update. After downloading LFS "U" again and re-installing LFS has not crashed since !!!

Many thanks for all your input, fingers crossed......

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG