The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 - LFS Steering Issue
So, I got my G27 for xmas, and I use it only on the weekends and it's not working in LFS.

I have downloaded the latest profiler, rebooted, played around with the axis' and still nothing. It works fine in RoR, but now it's to the point of not being able to play, and mouse makes me look like a mfing noob.

Any help?

btw, the most obvious ones have been canceled out, and 99% of what ur gonna say isnt gonna help either.
By not working, what exactly do you mean?

---

Are you using Windows (XP/Vista/7)?

Remove the logitech software - Add/remove programs tool in Control Panel.

Download the G27 driver for your OS: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/5184?osid=1&hub=1

Don't plug in the wheel's USB until prompted by the Logitech setup/calibration.

Run the setup. Calibrate.

---

Are you using the latest LFS version, Z28 (it should work on a last few version, though). You can download it from: http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads

Does LFS recognize the wheel? "Logitech G27 Racing Wheel" comes up in Options>Controller screen.

Under the axes/FF tab - does the axes move as supposed to (see below)?

Its worth having a look in here:http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Wheel.2FJoystick
For everything in the last section, I have (I started playing LFS with Z28) it working in that area. I had that software you suggested downloading, so let's test it out.

...testing...

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and the problem is still there.

It's set to 900 degrees in the profiler and ingame, and it only turns like 25 degrees, making it impossible to play with the wheel.

Just recalibrated it, works great! Thanks!
So, I turned on my computer this morning and the problem is back. I tried recalibrating it, but it only made it worse.

I'm gonna be so mad if I have to reinstall the software EVERYTIME I boot up my computer.

A screenshot is attached. I took it on Friday, but it's that same problem as usual.
Attached images
WTFLogitechfail!.jpg
#5 - dadge
Quote from pfpdoodlez2009 :So, I turned on my computer this morning and the problem is back. I tried recalibrating it, but it only made it worse.

I'm gonna be so mad if I have to reinstall the software EVERYTIME I boot up my computer.

A screenshot is attached. I took it on Friday, but it's that same problem as usual.

are you logged in as an admin? you should cancel the windows install of the driver before it completes. then install the logitech driver yourself. only plug your wheel in when asked to.
Windows 7 always downloads drivers for things in the USB port, and sometimes I hate it. A lot.
#7 - dadge
Quote from pfpdoodlez2009 :Windows 7 always downloads drivers for things in the USB port, and sometimes I hate it. A lot.

and all you have to do is click "cancel" when it begins to download the driver. you shouldn't really have this issue because you install the logitech driver before you connect the wheel. half way through the install process, the installer will ask you to connect your device (wheel in this case). the installer the completes the installation. then reboot just to be sure.
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu second time you cant help shit, he just pressed recalibrate but didnt actually calibrate the wheel. You have to recalibrate, turn the wheel to both sides max and do the pedals too, then lock the axis. if this doesnt work then wtf fuufuu. it wont calibrate it by just pressing "recalibrate" you have to calibrate it yourself.

make a profile for lfs in the profiler and set the degrees to 900 from there, and from global settings too.
My apologies, but: I HAVEN'T PLAYED LFS FOR 3+ YEARS.

And it's my first PC wheel.

pfft
if you are talking to me, I wasn't pointing my "anger" at you. rather to these "helpers"
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu second time you cant help shit, he just pressed recalibrate but didnt actually calibrate the wheel. You have to recalibrate, turn the wheel to both sides max and do the pedals too, then lock the axis. if this doesnt work then wtf fuufuu. it wont calibrate it by just pressing "recalibrate" you have to calibrate it yourself.

make a profile for lfs in the profiler and set the degrees to 900 from there, and from global settings too.

i don't thing the op is going to be too happy about being called shit! and if it was meant for me, save it. i'll pick it up when i'm done with your mother!
was the advice i gave him incorrect? doesn't the logitech driver ask you to connect the device only when it needs to? look at post #4 numbnuts, he said windows was installing his wheel again, this would imply that the wheel is ****ING UNINSTALLED! how the **** can he calibrate a device that is ****ing uninstalled?

moron.

you're on your own dude. lets hope Doofey (Tomba) can keep his fingers out of his ass long enough to help you. good luck with that.
hurry up then

imma edit too... ****ING **** **** SHIT **** BITCH MOTHER****ER. what did you actually try to say? oh and my fingers are far up your ass already, damn!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :hurry up then

read past the first line. i know it's hard but everyone will be so proud of you when you do.
read the second line mate
yeah, because editing a post was the point being made here. why don't you go outside an try to impregnate a speeding bus?
did you read post #4? care to explain how he is going to recalibrate his wheel when it's not installed? now here's your chance to put me in my place.
go ahead Einstein, the floor is yours.....
aw don't be hating now I failed to impregnate a bus but succeeded on you. hmm.
maybe he didnt know he had to turn the wheel? lots of ppl have said they have recalibrated but all they did was press the recalibrate button. if recalibrating makes it worse I can only think of that.
shame you didn't take the chance to put me back in my place. what's wrong? is it impossible to recalibrate something that isn't installed on your pc? nooooo! you don't say.

i've just checked, i'm not pregnant, i'm starting to see a pattern here, you make impossible statements all the time don't you? next you're going to say you know what you're talking about. and lets be honest here, that's another impossible statement.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :maybe he didnt know he had to turn the wheel? lots of ppl have said they have recalibrated but all they did was press the recalibrate button. if recalibrating makes it worse I can only think of that.

the wheel needs to be installed BEFORE it is calibrated. it has nothing to do with calibrating, once the wheel is installed correctly, calibration will happen every time the wheel is connected to the pc.
"I have downloaded the latest profiler" in his first post.

you need to calibrate the wheel in lfs then lock the axis after doing that. yes it calibrates the wheel when it connects to pc, but it has nothing to do with lfs. you need to recalibrate in lfs and do the calibration yourself. in other games its automatically calibrated.

I see you are trying so hard understanding me and my pattern but so far you've failed and lost already so no point arguing about pregnancy etc anymore, sorry

you are twice as old as me but still you have urge to argue with me grow up, maybe it's your turn to try impregnate someone to continue your family tree instead of arguing with ppl on forum
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :"I have downloaded the latest profiler" in his first post.

and now read post #4 and look at the attached pic. care to explain further?
solution? start from the scratch.
no, it doesn't matter how it recognizes it as long as the profiler sees it as g27, now he hasn't mentioned anything about profiler showing a df wheel. i think you missed my ninja edit btw

dfgt, g25, g27.. all of them uses the exact same profiler.
but if windows is having trouble with the driver, he might as well be installing a potato masher because windows (and anything installed on windows for that matter) is not going to recognise the hardware he has connected to the pc.

this is what i'd do.
1, disconnect the wheel from the pc.
2, uninstall any logitech software (profiler, drivers).
3, reboot.
4, run the setup for the latest profiler.
5, connect the wheel ONLY when the install process asks.
6, reboot once install is complete.
7, configure wheel in the controller config
8, launch LFS
9, calibrate and assign keys/axis.

when you have the wheel installed but you connect it to a different usb port. windows will pick it up as new hardware again. try to keep your wheel connected to the same usb port.

i've used this method with my DFP, G25, G27 and also for my logitech joystick and mouse. it's never failed me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG