The online racing simulator
When Scawen will fix this absurdity ?
Some day ago was started the Italian Champs 2011.
The first combo is UF1 in SO1, look here: http://www.lfsic.net/airioscri ... ack=SO1&orderby=times

Like all the year, can happens that someone do a new WR in the combo.

And this time is happen the same think.

First Maurizio Naselli did the wr, then Kart has taken ... that Maurizio again ... then Kart ... and actually Maurizio has the wr.

Where is the problem ?

The problem is simple ... I think that is really absurd that a pilot makes a world record in a track by exploiting a bug in the simulator.
The bug is the overheating of tires for many laps.

When Scawen solve this problem that makes LFS an arcade (and not a simulator) ?
#2 - Be2K
why is the overheating a bug and why can it be used to go faster and faster :o If my tyres going to be burn eg. 125° i cant handle the corners faster as green temps. dose :o
It's not the temperature, it's tire wear. Worn tires are supposed to be faster on dry and smooth paved road (think about why slicks are faster...), so it's not really a bug, not to mention absurdity. I never saw any WR doing that, but I can see how someone would do that for easy cars like UF1 on short tracks or any car on oval. There's a limit on .spr file size, so you can't go on for hours, not sure what else could be done about it...
#4 - Mauni
I watched the WRs and can't really see the problem. Both had their tyres at optimum temperatures during the fastest lap.

If you mean heating the tyres up to optimum temperature, that's far from arcade...

So where is the problem?
Quote from AutoPilot :It's not the temperature, it's tire wear. Worn tires are supposed to be faster on dry and smooth paved road (think about why slicks are faster...), so it's not really a bug, not to mention absurdity. I never saw any WR doing that, but I can see how someone would do that for easy cars like UF1 on short tracks or any car on oval. There's a limit on .spr file size, so you can't go on for hours, not sure what else could be done about it...

The Limit is really to high ... take a look to some FBM wr for example in WE1 ...

I hope that an "hotlap" is an "hotlap".

Do u know superpole or similar ?
During a superpole a driver can do 24 laps and then u can choose your best lap ... or u can do ONLY ONE lap ?
This is the absurd.

It's an hotlap system ... not a RACE-HOTLAP ...

About burning tyres ... after a high number al lap a tyres has a minor "brake rolling" with the same performance in corner ... so that is the bug.
It is the same with GTR and R2 ^^ you are 1s faster during the race at AS5 in race set than in Qualify. But that's not neccessary a bug. When you look at Le Mans this year, #4 peugeot did the fastest lap with tyres which have already done ~2hours.
Tyre wear changes so many things, even gearing is changed which might account for part of a faster lap time I think LFS actually simulates gearing and tyre circumference influence.

It's not unreasonable at all that worn in tyres perform better - this is normal in real life too, you don't take a new set of tyres out and drive fast. You preferable heat cycle and wear them a bit, then let them cool down. Now you drive them for real, and when they are optimum temperature they are best.
michele0676, maybe you missed one thing - they are working on new tyre physics
Quote from michele0676 :Some day ago was started the Italian Champs 2011.
The first combo is UF1 in SO1, look here: http://www.lfsic.net/airioscri ... ack=SO1&orderby=times

Like all the year, can happens that someone do a new WR in the combo.

And this time is happen the same think.

First Maurizio Naselli did the wr, then Kart has taken ... that Maurizio again ... then Kart ... and actually Maurizio has the wr.

Where is the problem ?

The problem is simple ... I think that is really absurd that a pilot makes a world record in a track by exploiting a bug in the simulator.
The bug is the overheating of tires for many laps.

When Scawen solve this problem that makes LFS an arcade (and not a simulator) ?

In UF1, burning down your tyres wont get you any more speed
but of course in the single seaters and GTR's its alot faster
Quote from kart-36 :In UF1, burning down your tyres wont get you any more speed
but of course in the single seaters and GTR's its alot faster

This, it would take hours before the tyres on the uf1 start to wear by this time they might go over the file size limit on lfsw anyway it's not a bug and if you can do it inside of the game without altering anything then it's legal.
Quote from rc10racer :This, it would take hours before the tyres on the uf1 start to wear by this time they might go over the file size limit on lfsw anyway it's not a bug and if you can do it inside of the game without altering anything then it's legal.

Each of us has a different opinion.
I share the opinion of Michele and I am proud of my 1.01,22 without this "trick".
I will never do in this art (burning tyres) world records.
To each his own
i think hotlap mode should be limited to 1 lap.

Since it is a hotlap, not a combination of laps which of the last is the quicker.
Quote from MaurizioNaselli :Each of us has a different opinion.
I share the opinion of Michele and I am proud of my 1.01,22 without this "trick".
I will never do in this art (burning tyres) world records.
To each his own

Who uses this 'trick' for SO1 UF1 anyway?
Quote from Dennis93 :i think hotlap mode should be limited to 1 lap.

Since it is a hotlap, not a combination of laps which of the last is the quicker.

Good idea, I agree!
Quote from Dennis93 :i think hotlap mode should be limited to 1 lap.

I agree with u.

@Flame i hope new tyre phisyc (i'm sure that it will be ready before the 2020 !!! ) will fix this strange tyre behaviour but simple i think that an hotlap need to autosaved automatically when u finish the first lap ... and if u go in reverse ... it will be not a valid lap.

But of course, using this is not cheating of couse.
Quote from kart-36 :Who uses this 'trick' for SO1 UF1 anyway?

After you've used this "trick" I have also tried out for the first time and immediately noticed that it is faster but this morning i deleted my hotlap (1.01,20) from lfsworld because i don't want to have this type of world record
Quote from MaurizioNaselli :After you've used this "trick" I have also tried out for the first time and immediately noticed that it is faster but this morning i deleted my hotlap (1.01,20) from lfsworld because i don't want to have this type of world record

I wouldnt say ive used this track at all, i think i did 12 laps, which on a short track like this is not much at all. If your gaining time by doing more than lets say 5 laps, then i want to have what you got. I get no faster from lap 5-50 in a UF1.
For me the thing is completed.
I only know that under normal circumstances (without burning tires) i was faster.
You started with this method. Who knows why.

I also don't have all day time to do Hotlaps.
I have 2 children and a woman.
Quote from MaurizioNaselli :For me the thing is completed.
I only know that under normal circumstances (without burning tires) i was faster.
You started with this method. Who knows why.

I also don't have all day time to do Hotlaps.
I have 2 children and a woman.

Ahhh, now i see what you mean, where i do like a lap where i get heat into my tyres. I do this so that i dont just have to drive like 2 laps waiting for them to get hot, this doesnt burn down the tyres, only produces heat so i dont have to waste time driving pointless laps.
We have different points of view which means hotlap.
Yesterday after i realized that i was a little faster whit wear tyres i quit to continue whit this hotlap because for me that wasn't more hotlap.

No problem.
Congratulations for your world record
Tomorrow, a cheater with that clutch pack sh@t will take the record and this heating tyres type wont be a problem anymore
Well, i see that wearing down the tyres is somthing which can make you fast, But heating up the tyres for a lap to produce some heat, of which i think i got them to around... 55-60 temp. So that wont wear them down
Has anyone got the wr replay to work? I just get OOS error?? (how can WR spr pass upload check with OOS?)

Am I understanding that the "trick" is to drive with full tank for around an hour then put in a couple of quick laps before fuel runs out?

or is it that you just spin the front wheels to make them very hot on the 1st couple of laps??

or are they sitting against the barrrier spinning for ages?

or are the Italian drivers just that good

or is it some hack?

I know I'm getting old but whats it all about?

SD.
Well dave, what happens is this...
In the wr I spend a lap getting heat into the tyres, to around 55-60 temp, and this is some sort of trick they are saying which is making me faster, or atleast that what I'm understanding from their posts.
So that's what this is all about

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG