The online racing simulator
H.I.D (High Intensity Discharge)
(134 posts, started )
btw, why you removed me from facebook after me commenting in the pic where your car was driven in tree? Got offended much? I didn't even get to read the comment you replied. How many cars have you crashed now?
I smell a spoiled kid whos daddy buys a car after another
#27 - Migz
Tomba, you were being a prick, i nearly died in that crash and all you did at the photo was laugh.
I've crashed one car, my parents bought me that car. My second car i payed for, my third car i payed for. 5 out of 6 of my bikes i paid for. Spoilt yeah? I think not.

I started this thread to get some information, not to get your opinions. I don't care about what you think of these HIDs. Those of you who gave me your opinions and did facepalms. I don't care.

Those of you who gave me answers, thank you.
Quote from Migz :i want my low beam to be for looks

As in "Look at that knob with the blue headlights"?
#29 - Migz
Yup.
Or look at him with blue headlights.
Blue headlights doesn't make me a knob. Just means they are blue.
What about on roads when there is on-coming traffic at night? You're happy to have blingy blue lights then despite not being able to see? How is that safe or sensible? Why not have proper lighting that doesn't blind oncoming cars but enables you to see, and use main beam when no one is coming? You know, like the car was fitted as standard (in all cars post about 1962)?

Blue lights = policecar or knob. And I doubt you're a policeman.
#31 - Jakg
Quote from Migz :Seriously? So all cars must be 100% performance? Hah. Id rather not have a shit bucket which does 200mph. Rather a nice looking car which does 120.
Grow up, learn that other people have different tastes. The world does not revolve around you.

Did ANYONE mention it was bad because you weren't doing it for performance?

Have you even seen my car?

I have absolutley no problem with people upgrading their cars... be it for looks, performance, ICE, general usefulness.

However, I can't quite understand why someone would deliberately fit lights which will provide LESS usable light... so they look cool. Especially when they look rubbish, and blind other road users.
#32 - Migz
Jakg listen to me, i am fitting the correct headlights to go with the HIDs. They wont blind anyone.
Plus im pretty sure 8000k or 10000k are both very blue and yet provide more light then standard bulbs.
Guiz, IZ THIS BLU ENOUGH?

AM I DOIN IT RITE?
I think you'll need two separate kits for low and high. I've just got hid lows, mtec 501 side lights (had led sides but half canbus made them strobe like mad) Osram diadems for indicators, they look awesome. Back on topic, 10k are quite purple, i would say 8k are what you're looking for. What car are you running at the moment?
#35 - Migz
Quote from DejaVu :I think you'll need two separate kits for low and high. I've just got hid lows, mtec 501 side lights (had led sides but half canbus made them strobe like mad) Osram diadems for indicators, they look awesome. Back on topic, 10k are quite purple, i would say 8k are what you're looking for. What car are you running at the moment?

Thank you for a decent answer.
I had 8k on my old car and they were blue but still very white, so 10k would be perfect i think.

Im in a Volkswagon Golf Mk3 atm.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
I like to carry around a 50mW laser pointer for whenever I come across a ricer with HIDs that aren't in projectors.
#37 - Migz
Quote from speedway :Which ones would that be?

Link?

No clue atm. I know a friend with a bunch of Golf spare parts, he has a few headlights, so just gotta go with him to his garage and pick the one i want.
Quote from Migz :No clue atm. I know a friend with a bunch of Golf spare parts, he has a few headlights, so just gotta go with him to his garage and pick the one i want.

To legally install HID lights you don't just need the right projectors, but also a headlamp lens cleaning system (wipers, high pressure sprayers, squeegees) and automatic beam levelling control in accordance with ECE R48 — Installation of lighting and light-signalling devices.

I know you don't care, just putting it out there.
Quote from morpha :I know you don't care, just putting it out there.

Its like those complete nob-jockeys who drive round with their front fog lights on because they think it makes them look cool.

They know they shouldn't, they know they dazzle other drivers in non foggy conditions, but they just don't give a flying f**k
Quote from Migz :Seriously? So all cars must be 100% performance? Hah. Id rather not have a shit bucket which does 200mph. Rather a nice looking car which does 120.
Grow up, learn that other people have different tastes. The world does not revolve around you.

the point of headlamps is for you to see whats ahead of you and that includes use in the city they are not there to flag you as the utter twat youre currently making yourself out to be

Quote from speedway :Which ones would that be?

Link?

none im fairly certain they dont exists
in countries with proper car inspections fitting xenon lights also requires you to fit an automatic headlamp range adjustment system... irather doubt they make these for some shitty old golf

Quote from danowat :Its like those complete nob-jockeys who drive round with their front fog lights on because they think it makes them look cool.

aka 3 series drivers
I know the type danowat, the ones who have sidelights on with fogs on WANKERS!!!!
#42 - JJ72
So sad, I thought the thread was about sharing tales of your awesome ejaculation.
Quote from JJ72 :So sad, I thought the thread was about sharing tales of your awesome ejaculation.

I was scared it was just me
Quote from Migz :Yup.
Or look at him with blue headlights.
Blue headlights doesn't make me a knob. Just means they are blue.

I didn't say it made you a knob, I said it would make everybody think you're a knob because you've put blue headlights on your car like knobs do.

One alternative of course is to leave your lights alone and not announce to passing motorists that you're a child who thinks having blue headlights is going to get him laid.
Quote from Shotglass : aka 3 series drivers

almost all BMW drivers
because combination of fog lights + daytime running lights (don't know how it is properly called in english, but those small lights which are in same lens as low beams) looks much better than just low beams. and in my country it is completely legal to drive like that.

and yes, those cheap Chinashit xenon lights should be banned, because here, about 80% of drivers which have installed those, havent adjusted their lights properly and in night they easily dazzle, almost blind other drivers who are driving in opposite direction
Why do people care so much how they look to other drivers?
Quote from pb32000 :Why do people care so much how they look to other drivers?

Tiny winkles.
Quote from danowat :Its like those complete nob-jockeys who drive round with their front fog lights on because they think it makes them look cool.

They know they shouldn't, they know they dazzle other drivers in non foggy conditions, but they just don't give a flying f**k

/ban volvos?

H.I.D (High Intensity Discharge)
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG