The online racing simulator
Xbox Issues, what are my rights here?
(32 posts, started )
Got some thermal compound + cleaner from Maplin today, as soon as I can get a hold of a T8 Torx screw I can actually remove the motherboard and (hopefully) fix the heap of crap.
**** it, repair it yourself cause I did it with mine and I have almost zero knowlegde about these things.

Remove the X-clamps and use bolts instead. Screw them so much that the heatsinks will fit properly on the chips or whatever they are called. After that, RROD it self with a towel and boot it again, there you go. Mine never gave up on me after that.

E: There are alot of tutorials to fix it (Removing X-clamps)
U need 2 different sizes of torx bits to get the motherboard out. I got 1 o those small screwdrivers with 6 different bits in the handle for £4 in Halfords, It had all the right sizes.

Also i wouldnt worry too much about the x-clamps until it rrod. If u hammer the case flat a bit it makes the heatsinks much tighter anyways, The x-clamps are there just to keep the heatsinks in place when the things getting built.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Remove the X-clamps and use bolts instead. Screw them so much that the heatsinks will fit properly on the chips or whatever they are called. After that, RROD it self with a towel and boot it again, there you go. Mine never gave up on me after that.

E: There are alot of tutorials to fix it (Removing X-clamps)

xecuter's kit pretty much does that, has all the tools and parts, and even has heat spreader pads for the memory chips.
Also, if u hadnt opened it and still had the reciept, U could have possibly got an exchange under consumer protection laws n etc etc. A warranty is like a goodwill gesture but the thing is still expected to last a certain length of time and a console or electronic stuff is supposed to last at least 5 years.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/foru ... /5719-xbox-360-broke.html
#31 - Jakg
Quote from Foilpact :...and a console or electronic stuff is supposed to last at least 5 years.

No, it's not. You have up to 6 years to claim, where reasonable. I would not say that 5 years is "reasonable" on a sub-£200 console, especially when it's specifically sold as pre-owned.

After the first 6 months you'd have to prove it was an inherent fault... but on the 360 that wouldn't be too hard.
Yea i doubt you would have much luck with a 5 year old xbox but it could come in handy when all these new Slim 360's start to break at 13 months old.

Xbox Issues, what are my rights here?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG