The online racing simulator
Racing Simulator
(22 posts, started )
Racing Simulator
Hi Racers,

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct part of the forum but I give it chance!

I've been looking in to start a career in virtual racing but I have no equipment for it, and I don’t want to participate in professional racing with just my keyboard and I don´t think that sitting on my chair with a Logitech g-27 will get me the feeling that I’m looking for. So I've been looking in to what kind of simulators there is available on the market and i found one I just love and now I want your opinion and if you have any skills from them!

You can read more about it here: http://v-racing.se/content/simulators/VRS-P1.php

The thing I like is that I can have it designed to my interior at home.

If I was a millionaire I would have bought their other one, the VRS-01 awesome simulator that would be something to have at the home. Craziness but damn so cool ..

Hi RocketRace, welcome to the forums

I would reccomend getting a good Force Feedback wheel to start with as even with a chair and a desk you can get quite immersed when racing

I have been racing sims for years and use a "sim seat" very similar to this

Of course if money was no object and you had room then you could splash out on something like this to give you the feeling you desire

SD.
Thanks, I´ve been looking for a forum like this!

I wish that money not was a problem but it is..
But when i buy something I want to have the best I can get with the money. My idea was to buy the P-1 and equip it with 3 screens and the G-27 steering wheel. I want it to as "realistic" as possible. I think does "seats" look so ugly maybe it´s just me I don´t know but I really don´t like the "play seat" design..

What kind of equipment does every one use out there? Are they racing with just a steering wheel mounted to the desk? Sounds so boring?

I spoke to one of the guys at V-Racing and he told me that they have plans to set up a race centre in England with their big simulator VRS-01 where guys can go and race against each other. In both iRacing and just if you want to improve your skills on a open track to beat the shit of your friends. Instead of go to the go-kart track you will be driving a real F1 simulator. That would be awesome
#4 - filur
Quote from RocketRace :What kind of equipment does every one use out there? Are they racing with just a steering wheel mounted to the desk? Sounds so boring?

A cockpit type setup is fine but would be one of the last things for a beginner to consider purchasing, I think a wheel bolted to a desk is the most popular amoungst this community.

To be honest its not so much about what you sit in but more about the feedback you can get from your equipment to make you feel more imersed in the sim or enhance the realism.

Some basic things that for any sim I believe help to do that are, in order of importance..
Good force feedback wheel. [I use logitech G25]
Good PC and monitor capable of hi res, high FPS display (triple head could be a bonus, but too expensive and too large for me) [I use WC PC and 24" dell @1920X1200]
Good headphones, its amazing how much feedback you get from the ears
Comfortable seating position, depending on the size and FOV of your display/s you need to be the right distance from your display and obviously the wheel and pedals need to feel right. a cockpit or sim seat type setup at least keeps the wheel, pedals and display/s always at the same distance from each other.

RocketRace, what sims do you play and what wheels have you tried so far?

SD.
This guy clearly works for this company and really doesn't care about anything then having their products advertised. I'm not saying I'm against it or it's a bad thing, just sayin'
Quote from RocketRace :I´m more in to the F1 cars so maybe that´s why I prefer the low sitting position? But anyhow, I think it gives you a better feeling with the cockpit and with three screens that gives you the whole feeling you know like, where ever I look I’m only seeing the race track, cars and race, race, race, race.. With the play seat I´m just in front of my computer and playing a game and I don´t want this to be game. It´s virtual racing for god's sake? But I have booked a test of the P1 so after that I will have some real answer for you guys, I think I maybe should test a play seat as well so I can compare them to each other?

If its really the feeling of racing a real car you want? I would suggest you book a test in one of the motion simulators like the force dynamics 301 or 401, these motion simulators are the only real way of feeling some of the G-forces that you will get IRL.
I don't know about you but I would rather have one of these than something static and whilst the VRS-01 (or any other cockpit) might look OK it gives you zero feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld6xT5yfbhw

SD.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :This guy clearly works for this company and really doesn't care about anything then having their products advertised. I'm not saying I'm against it or it's a bad thing, just sayin'

You might be right

If that is the case you know RR might do beter over at the Iracing forums
I mean it seems to me they would be more likely to have "disposable income" to spend on things like that.

On the other hand some might be so hard up after spending all their xmas money on new cars and tracks who knows

@RocketRace any thoughts?

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :You might be right

If that is the case you know RR might do beter over at the Iracing forums
I mean it seems to me they would be more likely to have "disposable income" to spend on things like that.

On the other hand some might be so hard up after spending all their xmas money on new cars and tracks who knows

@RocketRace any thoughts?

SD.

@SD: I think you are spot on.
No I don´t work for them!

If I would then I would have much better things to say about them, But as it is for now I don’t know shit about them, what they do or who they are. And that’s why I’m asking you guys. I´m just wondering what kind of equipment I would need and if someone knew about them or their products. That's it.. Don't like to spend my money on junk!

Ok, so I’ve been looking in to the G-27 I think that looks like a nice wheel so I think I´m going to start with that one! And of course I ain’t going to buy a cockpit in the beginning but it would be nice to have one someday..

Thanks for all the help Sparky

Regarding the race site I’ve been looking in to iRacing but I haven’t bought a membership yet. Where do you race?
And of course here at LFS but that i think you've figuerd out already!
I like my rig.
Niice..
Quote from RocketRace :Regarding the race site I’ve been looking in to iRacing but I haven’t bought a membership yet. Where do you race?

I've also looked into getting a trial subscription of Iracing but different deals come and go

I don't find myself with too much free time for online racing but when I do I like to race LFS.
Its the quick pick up racing I like, fire up lfs and within 30 secs you can be in a server and ontrack.

I am considering getting back into regular league racing with LFS also as the public servers are quieter than they use to be, probably due to so many lfs'ers moving to Iracing

Please post your thoughts on the G27 when you get it and let us know if you have any problems setting it all up, if its as good as the 25 has been for me it should give you years of reliable service.

Good luck.

SD.
You don't need an ultimate equipment to be a professional sim-driver...
You don't need to be an ultimate sim-driver to start your career...
You only need basic equipment to be a good driver...
You can't be a professional in one week
Buying an ultimate equipment in this simulator is actually waste of money... but everyone lives their own...
Quote from SparkyDave :I've also looked into getting a trial subscription of Iracing but different deals come and go

I don't find myself with too much free time for online racing but when I do I like to race LFS.
Its the quick pick up racing I like, fire up lfs and within 30 secs you can be in a server and ontrack.

I am considering getting back into regular league racing with LFS also as the public servers are quieter than they use to be, probably due to so many lfs'ers moving to Iracing

Please post your thoughts on the G27 when you get it and let us know if you have any problems setting it all up, if its as good as the 25 has been for me it should give you years of reliable service.

Good luck.

SD.

Of course bud i keep you posted.
Maybe we can start our iRacing career at the same time? Whit or whitout my cockpit though!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :You don't need an ultimate equipment to be a professional sim-driver...
You don't need to be an ultimate sim-driver to start your career...
You only need basic equipment to be a good driver...
You can't be a professional in one week
Buying an ultimate equipment in this simulator is actually waste of money... but everyone lives their own...

Party pooper..

Yes, Of course you don't need it. No one NEED´S it
You don't need a car either or a bike. you can walk insted.
You don't need a camera on your mobile phone either.

But, if you want, you can by a cockpit. Just to get that feeling that you wont get with a g-27 just mounted to the desk.. And that's what this is about!
My signature links at the bottom of my posts shows my cockpit, but now I have tripple screens so it's not quite up to date. The frame is the same.

A $10 seat from a car wreckers and some pine and a coat of paint, you could make something good enough. It's worth the effort 'cause I can sim race all day and not get uncomfortable, tired or pain.

Racing Simulator
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG