The online racing simulator
TBO car class question
(7 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
TBO car class question
i have been reading about TBO class cars, and i alway thougth the lx4 would match those cars in terms of lap times (in most of the tracks), so i really want to know if is possible make the lx4 compete with the TBO car cass without leaving the "fairness"

look what i mean, i saw some wr with the TBO and LX4 and..

blackwood:
xrt: 1:22.94
rb4: 1:23.23
fxo: 1:22.52
lx4: 1:22.18

between the TBO class, the max diference is about..0.71 wich is higher than the diference between the lx4 and the fxo (0.34 secs)

is pretty obvious that the lx4´s less top speed is balanced with the braking and turning speed, so the results can change depending the track..

for example in west hill the WR with the fxo is faster than the WR with the lx4

Leaving the WR topic, i mean in the race, the lx4 could be the most vulnerable due to his lightness (when you get some racing touchs haha)

so my bottom line is, isnt the lx4 matching with TBO class? i mean, in the same TBO class there is kinda a big difference between times, due to car characteristics (FF-AWD-FR) but i really think the lx4 can be racing face to face with the TBO car class without being "abusive"..

please tell me if im wrong or what

(sorry for my bad english)
Yup, the LX4 does (sort of) match with the TBO (Turbo-class) cars. However there is a large variation overall. Its up to the server admins to set up the classes; you could do a FXO+LX4+RB4+XRT class with handicaps to balance it out (the FXO is already restricted by 3% in TBO class servers/leagues).

I remember someone making a bar-chart showing the difference of the TBO class WRs in various combos (searched for the post, but couldn't find it yet) - that would be easier to compare the time difference of TBO class vs the LX4.

I think the multi-class racing servers considers the TBO cars and LX4 as a single class (for race points purposes).

PS: Your English is fine compared to some of the native English speakers on this Forum.
I drive 24/7 the lx4

And are some tracks ( long ones, as4 / as5 / Ky2/3 ) lx4 is slower ( Becuause of the straights ) the rest of the track lx4 is fast as any tbo and some times is more faster

And tracks as SC and FE lx4 is 1 or 2 secconds faster that any tbo
XR GT Turbo / FXO Turbo / RB4 GT / LX4 @ Aston Club

Awesome combo!
Quote from jnr89 :so my bottom line is, isnt the lx4 matching with TBO class? i mean, in the same TBO class there is kinda a big difference between times, due to car characteristics (FF-AWD-FR) but i really think the lx4 can be racing face to face with the TBO car class without being "abusive"..

It's rarely been tried in league racing, because in series using a wide selection of tracks, the LX4 would end up having too much of an advantage. And you can't come up with any proper balancing because, as Inouva said, the cars are so much different that you have very different results according to the tracks you use. And you're right, it'd be just a nightmare to admin, those cars are so much different, it can only go wrong in some close racing situations.

However on cargame.nl, TBO+LX4 is on one single class, but that's because 1) you'll have big difference of skills between the players as it's a public server, so it doesn't matter if the cars aren't perfectly balanced and 2) wide and fast tracks are usually used, which allows the TBOs to catch up on the LX4s.
#6 - jnr89
thank guys, i really like greybull´s reply: "on cargame.nl, TBO+LX4 is on one single class, but that's because 1) you'll have big difference of skills between the players as it's a public server, so it doesn't matter if the cars aren't perfectly balanced and 2) wide and fast tracks are usually used, which allows the TBOs to catch up on the LX4s"

i wanted to know if the lx4 needs more skills? i could swear because its weight (ultralow) and P.W.R., it has fasters reactions/motions than the TBO cars
Quote from jnr89 :thank guys, i really like greybull´s reply: "on cargame.nl, TBO+LX4 is on one single class, but that's because 1) you'll have big difference of skills between the players as it's a public server, so it doesn't matter if the cars aren't perfectly balanced and 2) wide and fast tracks are usually used, which allows the TBOs to catch up on the LX4s"

i wanted to know if the lx4 needs more skills? i could swear because its weight (ultralow) and P.W.R., it has fasters reactions/motions than the TBO cars

First in cargame TBO and lx4 are in separated category

FXO + RB4 : Class 2
XRT + lx4 : Class 2+

Lx4 need some practice is a car that dont forgive if you make a mistake, you need "quick" reflext or have the knowledge to drive a low weight car with good hp

Is not like a FXO or rb4 when you can make mistake without loose the car control

LX4 is faster in aston club / South city Any combo / blackwood / ferm bay any combo ( 2 or 4 secconds faster that any tbo of course depends of the driver )

Lx4 is slower in Any other aston - national - historic - Long , Kyoto 1 / 2 / 3 ( Slower in 2 or 3 secconds that any tbo )

Lx4 is streamly competitive in Westhill / R, Some times in Ky national and Kyoto long Gp (Of course depends of the driver and the tbo driver)

Actualy lx4 is the only car i drive, and i'be have my best battles against a XRT in this 2 months ( thx to notanillusion )

ºººº

You can try the lx4 is a fun and quick car , but be aware if you come to cargame, tbo drivers ( Noobs and amateurs ) tends to ram you or push you oot for no reason or dont have the "seense" space or location of other cars on the track, some times can be a crap drive there and some times can be a awesome experience

TBO car class question
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG