The online racing simulator
S2 - What coming in V Patch?
(86 posts, started )
Quote from Viper93 :Gearbox damage would be nice, like becky said slamming into 2nd gear from 100 plus isn't exactly accurate. A better damage simulator would be nice too, I would love to see flying tires =)

just to bring this up, has anyone visited the game comparison wikipedia with GPL, GTR, LFS, Racer, rFactor, etc.?

this is the one weakspot of LFS compared to all other games

...there is virtually no damage in the game besides suspension right now, and its kinda sad lol

@viper about slamming into 2nd gear.. the mercedes mclaren SLR has 5 gears; first gear reaches 85 mph lol (but.. thats a different story)

my final vote goes to tire completion (or atleast close..) and beginnings of system malfunction damages from water temp. to gearbox, to engine lockups, to frying clutches

oh; and one last thing that HAS to be implemented into LFS... few games have this, but it IS needed... right now all of the cars in LFS (even openwheelers) are blocks.. yes.. blocks, not visually, but physically they are blocks, we should be able to interlock wheels with all of the open wheelers, and right now its impossible, and really is another weak point for making LFS real
a few times when i did hotlapping in S1, i used to pause the game and swap sides for different corner directions.
Quote from Ayrton :If they finish construction on the connector between the Aston north loop and the last turn of the Club circuit, I think I counted that there should be a potential 37 layouts in each direction...

it would be cool to have an fe black - style mega-loop where you do all the individual parts of aston in a marathon lap
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up Tristan.

It just seems as though when some people post about possible up and coming updates, they tend to speak of them as being written in stone, 100% verified, God given truth... Which is a bit misleading.

XCNuse, what do you mean by the cars being "blocks" ? They feel like driving a brick with wheels?
visually they are cars; but physics wise they are just .. blocks, you cant intersect cars

like i said, you cant interlock open wheelers tires like you should be able to

right now you just kinda bump off of them if you bump tires... in life you would get some air and probably do some damage to your suspension
Nuse - I meant gospel
Xnuse- wow =) I thought 60 MPH was a good speed for first gear, man when they take off in that thing they must have to slide the clutch to 15MPH =)

tires locking together would be very nice, I hated the fact that you could play tag with formula cars and not have anything happen.

If clutches fried and engines had malfunctions this would make the game even better =)
Quote from XCNuse :visually they are cars; but physics wise they are just .. blocks, you cant intersect cars

like i said, you cant interlock open wheelers tires like you should be able to

right now you just kinda bump off of them if you bump tires... in life you would get some air and probably do some damage to your suspension

still havent got what you trying to say.... i need to refresh my english, its getting very bad...
#84 - Vain
@_rod_:
Place an AI in a FOX on a track in LFS and go after it in your own FOX. Now drive alongside the AI and try to put your front right wheel between his rear left wheel and the left side of his chassis.
It looks like there is enough room, but there is an invisible magical wall that won't let you inside an invisible box that surrounds the car.

Vain
@ Vain: i see what he meant now, thanks!!
Quote from Shinanigans :It just seems as though when some people post about possible up and coming updates, they tend to speak of them as being written in stone, 100% verified, God given truth... Which is a bit misleading.

I agree with that being misleading. It's better just not to expect anything and you'll be surprised. If people keep typing huge amounts of wishes that they'd like to have in the next update, in rumors they'll be then verified as something that definitely is in the next patch - people will be disappointed.

It's unlikely for any rumors to be true, since people who test LFS can't give out information, and if devs announce something it's more than just a rumor

S2 - What coming in V Patch?
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG