The online racing simulator
Quote from logitekg25 :anything i can do to get anything else through facebook, or any other sweet bonus' any more. they have to be available with the US ofc.

Only for EU

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Realistic smoke is pretty frickin' awesome actually. Nice dorifto! Me needs wheel for this game

Drifting with a wheel is a lot harder than on a pad. You need a wheel that spins really fast.
Or use a wheel that can be set at 200 degrees
Meh, I dunno about that. It's hard to drift with a pad because it seems that the wheels in the game don't do what you tell them to do. So you drift, apply countersteer, straighten up as the car does the same, only to find that the car flings the other way in a sort of pendulum fashion, until you crash.

The same happened in GT4

Tried GT5 on a friends' G27 setup at 900 degrees and was much more manageable, brilliant even.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Meh, I dunno about that. It's hard to drift with a pad because it seems that the wheels in the game don't do what you tell them to do. So you drift, apply countersteer, straighten up as the car does the same, only to find that the car flings the other way in a sort of pendulum fashion, until you crash.

The same happened in GT4

Tried GT5 on a friends' G27 setup at 900 degrees and was much more manageable, brilliant even.

That's because you over corrected, same applies to the wheel as well, probably more so. DFGT is a bit too slow to do drifting with lots of angle, and it's noisey as hell! Spins too slow to keep up with the physics, much slower than a real wheel, so fish tailing is more common as a result
yeah, i find the d-pad MUCH easier for drifting than a wheel, a wheel is fun for laps though.
Quote from CoolColJ :No deadzone options so far. You should have got a Driving Force GT wheel instead. I don't even think the wheel you have is officially supported

Nah, I like my wheels. And it works fine, other than the brake. But thanks for clearing that up! I guess I will just have to use the controller till there are deadzones.
Fu*kin Nascar on the Ring!!! aaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's hard Boris, but not impossible!
The special event Nascar on the ring?, I thought that was one of the easiest events so far, beat the last car by about 30secs.
I found the RX7 one a lot tougher.
The Nascar isn't easy to drive, but you don't have to drive it all that fast to win. If in doubt, turn the downforce up.
Hi Guys,

currently hit level 13, I have a question as I haven't been paying too much attention to the used car section, do the used cars that turn up in the used car section stay there or do they eventually disappear forerver within the game, if you do not buy the cars that you really want and find in there?

One of the best cars I found in there was the Jaguar E-Type, nice car with nice sound, shame it is not premium.

Pete
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's hard Boris, but not impossible!

Sure.. but you know what made me rage, two times in a row i'm losing the car in the first corner on the start of the second lap! I punched the wheel pretty hard, something must have snapped inside..

And where do you setup the downforce?? i always sucked with the setups..
Some pics from mine and Mikes race at Le Sarthe

suns starting to set now

night!

Quote from Boris Lozac :Sure.. but you know what made me rage, two times in a row i'm losing the car in the first corner on the start of the second lap! I punched the wheel pretty hard, something must have snapped inside..

And where do you setup the downforce?? i always sucked with the setups..

It's in the settings page, under body/chassis. Crank it right up, in your case perhaps double crank it at the rear

@Redman, those pics get better and better. First couple are so so, but the latter ones just show how good GT5 could look (or perhaps how they'd wanted it to look). Such a shame so much is lost with flickering shadows when actually playing.

What spec were the MX5s? Add me, if you haven't already, and if I'm on invite me if you have another of those races
Sinbaadi44
Yeah, i found it and did it in first try Goddamn downforce, why didn't you said it before!
ill add you when i get back on the PS3, im just playing with minecraft atm

im still a bit of a newbie with the pics
Quote from sinbad :The Nascar isn't easy to drive, but you don't have to drive it all that fast to win. If in doubt, turn the downforce up.

I think it is very tame, almost disappointingly tame.
I tried nascar again after rage quiting a couple of days ago, just turned the df up and lowered the ride height and could see 1st place at the start of lap 2 and won easy with 2 6:31's don't know if it's because i drove better but didn't go balls out just fairly quick, 850k
850k? I got a million..

Anyway, bought an Enzo after that, heard some nice things about it, but god i find it awfull, feedback is numb, understeers like a bi*ch.. pretty dissapointed tbh, but i do not regret it, one of my 'goals' is to get all the Premiums anyway..
boris, i have seen some setups for the enzo which apparently greatly improve the handling of the car 10 fold.
Quote from Boris Lozac :850k? I got a million..

He obviously played through the race once before and got a 10th place or something.
Quote from chavm481 :yeah, i find the d-pad MUCH easier for drifting than a wheel, a wheel is fun for laps though.

D-Pad?!

I was thinking of the analog sticks for both steering and brake/gas
Then again the top 10 of the drifting leaderboards is mostly D-Pad and 200 degree wheels (Logitech Driving Force in 200 degree mode)....

Controller makes the drift replays look bad though, with the front wheel twitching all over the place
Quote from Boris Lozac :850k? I got a million..

Anyway, bought an Enzo after that, heard some nice things about it, but god i find it awfull, feedback is numb, understeers like a bi*ch.. pretty dissapointed tbh, but i do not regret it, one of my 'goals' is to get all the Premiums anyway..

Take out the rear +0.20 positive toe. All cars in the game have it. I guess to make the car stable on the straight and understeer to make it mainstream and novice friendly. You'll need the custom suspension upgrade though. You can reset the other settings to default, if you copy the values off the stock suspension.

The toe has a big effect on handling in GT5, change the +0.20 to -0.20 on the rear toe, and suddenly all cars become more agile, less stable and want to oversteer, but when doing so, less snappy.

Even adding an LSD was very noticable in the Mini I used for the seasonal event, compared to without. You can feel it with the wheel even though it's subtle thing.
Quote from BlueFlame :He obviously played through the race once before and got a 8th place or something.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG