The online racing simulator
Well if everyone had been as smart as you checking for intereference / problems localy, wireless could work The main problem is that it takes some experience and knowlege to know what causes problems and whats not.

Again, I am not saying you other people fail or anything, but please if possible use cables, and if not - be aware of the limitations with the wireless connections and do some trail and error at your place to find acceptable sollutions.

Edit: Oh and btw S14, your the worst driver on track ever, you would be the one at the very behind, having no one else to bump
I agree entirely that ethernetted connections will bring the best connection and most reliability, and with correct routing it can be very efficient, but even so this normally means drilling into walls and running cables up through the ceiling or through the walls which most people don't want to have to do. You could always have ports in each room wired up to a patch panel or perhaps to a router directly (if you have up to say 4 ports for example for a home router) which would be lovely but a tad nerdy.

Then again cabling can be a death hazard. Plus if you have seen the amount of cabling and what not that we have at work, you would kill yourself. We have probably at least 3 miles of cabling stuffed into some of those little boxes and at some point I need to go through and untangle them. :sadbanana

FML LOL GO WIRELESS WOOOO..
You ass lol
Thanks for info, and I am sure people will find it usefull, but I am a "cabled" guy, no wireless for me
Quote from The Very End :Thanks for info, and I am sure people will find it usefull, but I am a "cabled" guy, no wireless for me

Same here for main PC, but netbook on wire - no way.
Quote from JJ72 :all your ISP seems to have very slow upload?

it's extremely common in north america, everyone i've talked to says that upload is expensive, but that sounds like a complete load of crap to me... i think the real truth is that they don't want home users killing off the server hosting business by hosting their own stuff.
Actually it is true

Without going into details, it demands MUCH more to have a high upload than download. To make it very simple it's because the upload takes more of the line capasity, compared to download.

I could of course go into more details about this, but this time I just keep it simple
Quote from The Very End :Actually it is true

Without going into details, it demands MUCH more to have a high upload than download. To make it very simple it's because the upload takes more of the line capasity, compared to download.

I could of course go into more details about this, but this time I just keep it simple

This only is valid in regards to DSL, not to GPON / DOCSIS / etc.
Oh? I must admit I actually have not heared about GPON / DOCSIS before, so I canot speak on behalf of that

But at least for normal xDSL lines it will allways be a pain in the ass getting high upload speeds (unless you pay a huge amount for it, and gets as SHDSL line).
Since when *DSL is "normal"? It's old, deprecated, s**ty technology that should be dumped.
Well in Norway it's still the standard
Fiber (internett by light, not sound like xDSL) is getting more and more common, but still avarage Joe uses DSL here.
Fibre/Fiber optic is light and DSL is digital signals of twisted copper cables. Where does sound come into this? AUDIO BROADBAND WOOHOO.
Okok, saying sounds makes it more easier for people to understand I perfectly know that it's signals that runs from A-B. But in fact it's sounds/vibrations that determins what speed you get. If someone of you spoke norwegian I could try to explain it, been my area of work the last 2 years
Quote from The Very End :internett by light, not sound like xDSL

I know what you meant but I still had the sudden image of a relay team of people with cups and string shouting "0100111101101..." at one another.
Lol
Quote from Bob Smith :I know what you meant but I still had the sudden image of a relay team of people with cups and string shouting "0100111101101..." at one another.

:3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG