The online racing simulator
Sudanese woman beaten for wearing long pants.
(27 posts, started )
Sudanese woman beaten for wearing long pants.
This is pretty messed up.

Quote :KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) - Sudan's judiciary opened an investigation into a video of a woman being flogged that has been widely circulated on the Internet, the state news agency reported Sunday.
The video shows a woman in a voluminous cloak on her knees screaming and pleading with blue-uniformed policemen, identified as Sudanese, who take turns whipping her across the head and feet.
There is no way to verify the identity of the woman or the location of the event shown on the two minute video.
"The investigation was started immediately after the images of the young woman, being punished under Articles 154 and 155 of the 1991 Sudanese penal code, appeared on the Internet," the judiciary said in a statement.
The statement said the investigation would look into whether the punishment was implemented improperly.
Article 154 and 155 of the Sudanese penal code mandates flogging up to 100 lashes as a punishment for adultery or running a brothel, as well as up to five years in prison.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVXRuAaCVlY
(Contains graphic imagery)
Saw this on liveleak...

****ing messed up. Bunch of sick bastards.
#3 - JJ72
That's just cultural difference, many places don't exercise universal values that we think are common.
Quote from JJ72 :That's just cultural difference, many places don't exercise universal values that we think are common.

Well, yeah. But it think its time for them to change the rules. This stuff is far beyound reality, we're living in 21st century u know ...
Quote from hazaky :Well, yeah. But it think its time for them to change the rules. This stuff is far beyound reality, we're living in 21st century u know ...

Religion.

About time we got rid of it.

/flamecoat
#6 - JJ72
Quote from hazaky :Well, yeah. But it think its time for them to change the rules. This stuff is far beyound reality, we're living in 21st century u know ...

you are saying that from YOUR perspective, of course it seems totally logical to you.

Not saying it is your fault, but we too often take it for granted that our reality is THE reality. Even in 21st century some people still don't have a TV and grow their own food.

Changes happen at their own accord, the values that we have are mellowed from centuries of development with much discussion, trials, errors and struggle, you can't just fast forward the process of certain culture. Show them an example maybe, but it's those within that culture who make the change.

Just we are living in the 21st century doesn't necessarily mean they are also.
Quote from JJ72 :you are saying that from YOUR perspective, of course it seems totally logical to you.

Not saying it is your fault, but we too often take it for granted that our reality is THE reality. Even in 21st century some people still don't have a TV and grow their own food.

Changes happen at their own accord, the values that we have are mellowed from centuries of development with much discussion, trials, errors and struggle, you can't just fast forward the process of certain culture. Show them an example maybe, but it's those within that culture who make the change.

Meh, i wonder if they use this quote too, the one that goes something like "lets build a better country". Because that is pretty obvious that people wouldnt want to choose a country where they would get smacked up - just for wearing something. Thats kinda locking people up, ofcourse the religion ... religion eveywhere, flyin around.

Quote from 91mason91 :Just we are living in the 21st century doesn't necessarily mean they are also.

True that. And why am i not suprised?
I am trolling these comments so hard
Even in the west there are cultural things we don't get right in my view, we each of us have our own views and opinions and hold values that we'd like the world to share, but the world doesn't share them.

Instead the world is a viscious bully, and it's the best that we can do to be outraged by these things. Outraged, that is, as far as stating our disdain without actually getting off our asses and doing something about it.
Quote from JJ72 :That's just cultural difference, many places don't exercise universal values that we think are common.

Spot on.

I personally think that this sort of thing is horrible, and the same with female circumcision (and male circumcision for that matter...) slavery, etc. The truth is though, that many people don't feel the same way, and to judge them for what they believe to be a fitting punishment to the crime is just as wrong.

Universal human rights are impossible to apply to a variety of cultures. You have to remember that people in certain countries are brought up with the idea that if you steal your hands get chopped off, and if you don't wear traditional clothing as a woman you will get 10 lashes or whatever. It's a different moral system altogether, and however apathetic it might sound, trying to 'correct' the belief system of these people is like trying to correct a language you don't understand by applying your own language's rules.

It's the sad reality I guess
Quote from Jertje :... Universal human rights are impossible to apply to a variety of cultures ...

What about the fancy "new world order" everyone is/was talking about? Wouldnt that change it a bit?
#13 - JJ72
Enforcing a global value disregarding individual cultural development progress? now that's just dictatorship.

Put yourself in their shoes, imagine there's an advanced civilization coming to rule the earth, who thinks eating natural food is inefficient and dangerous, free love is a waste of energy and alcohol is out right drugs, and they take it all away the next morning, how'd you react to that?
Quote from hazaky :What about the fancy "new world order" everyone is/was talking about? Wouldnt that change it a bit?

A new world order you mean the government enslaving us all ?

Its not like I liked that video stopped watching it any man who thinks he can do that to a fellow human, deserves to die IMO.
This Just Shows how people are like, animals act better than us . horrible to watch it how the f**** can people laugh in the video
Makes you think twice about breaking the law. I don't think she was forced to wear pants if she knew the law.
Quote from breadfan :Makes you think twice about breaking the law. I don't think she was forced to wear pants if she knew the law.

Myea, theyr government should think twice when making such a stupid law tho.
wow. thats all i have to say. thats just f*ed up.
Quote from hazaky :Myea, theyr government should think twice when making such a stupid law tho.

Why? To them it's normal, to us it's horrible. Just because YOU think it's wrong and a harsh form of punishment doesn't mean that they see it that why, and they certainly arn't going to change it or think twice about it because YOU think it's wrong.
She got whipped for wearing pants yet they are forced to wear postboxes anyway? Strange, show a bit of ankle and get whipped, but don't wear pants cos that's cheatin!
It's horrible, and to me I canot think of any other way saying it than:
They are less civilized than us, they act like animals.

I get pissed off when seeing cases like this, where it's a man-dominating society down "there".

Also, last month there were a case where a woman got excecuted. For what you might ask? - Because she was raped. Yes, she was fuking raped and were then decleared unfaithfull to her husband and excecuted.
Also, the confessing of the rape came after a longer time of torture.

/Angry
Quote from The Very End :It's horrible, and to me I canot think of any other way saying it than:
They are less civilized than us, they act like animals.
/Angry

I'm really unsure about less civilized - I'm hard pressed to see the difference between this threads type of uncivilized behaviour and this type of uncivilized behaviour.

The US central intelligence agency (CIA) has been forced (!!!!!) to call back its top spy in Pakistan after he was accused of killing civilians in unauthorized drone attacks.

"Kareem Kahn, a resident of the North Waziristan tribal district, filed an official complaint with Islamabad police against CIA station chief Jonathan Bank at the US Embassy in Islamabad on Monday.

The lawsuit has also named CIA Director Leon Panetta and US Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

This is the first such case filed against a CIA official for the use of non-UN-sanctioned drone attacks in Pakistan.

Khan's relatives were slain in an unauthorized US drone attack in the North Waziristan tribal district in 2009.

"That drone attack killed my son, my brother and a local man. We are not terrorists, we are common citizens," Khan told a news conference in Islamabad in late November."
http://presstv.ir/detail/155905.html

Then there’s the question of whether the strikes are legal. Obama administration claims that the September 2001 congressional Authorization to Use Military Force in retaliation for 9/11 provides all the legal protection necessary for the strikes. Some lawyers and law professors, by contrast, think that the drones’ remote pilots could eventually get hauled before a war-crimes tribunal.

A United Nations report urged Obama to rein in the drones, restricting them to attacks on the seniormost militants. He did the opposite.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroo ... it-pakistan-in-late-2010/
I believe they call that trolling, with the intent to light this thread on fire and then piss off like you always do.

ON topic: I'm with TVE. It's the 21st century, this treatment of women NEEDS to stop now. They are absolutely no ways for women to avoid this kind of treatment in Islamic, male dominated societies except to be slaves to their husbands and even that obviously doesn't work. You would think that things are shitty enough living in Sudan, but it looks like to me there is just so much anger about things that will never change that it gets channeled to women. In short they can't stop warlords from exterminating whole villages and forcing survivors into slavery for the rest of their very short lives, BUT they sure as hell can control their women.

btw this is the Sharia law that even non-radical Muslims want recognized in civilized countries.

Quote :In S.D. v. M.J.R., the plaintiff, a Moroccan Muslim woman, lived with her Moroccan Muslim husband in New Jersey. She was repeatedly beaten and raped by her husband over the course of several weeks. While the plaintiff was being treated for her injuries at a hospital, a police detective interviewed her and took photographs of her injuries. Those photographs depicted injuries to plaintiff’s breasts, thighs and arm, bruised lips, eyes and right check. Further investigation established there were blood stains on the pillow and sheets of plaintiff’s bed.

The wife sought a permanent restraining order, and a New Jersey trial judge held a hearing in order to decide whether to issue the order. Evidence at trial established, among other things, that the husband told his wife, “You must do whatever I tell you to do. I want to hurt your flesh” and “this is according to our religion. You are my wife, I c[an] do anything to you.” The police detective testified about her findings, and some of the photographs were entered into evidence.

The defendant’s Imam testified that a wife must comply with her husband’s sexual demands and he refused to answer whether, under Islamic law, a husband must stop his sexual advances on his wife if she says “no.”

The trial judge found that most of the criminal acts were indeed proved, but nonetheless denied the permanent retraining order. This judge held that the defendant could not be held responsible for the violent sexual assaults of his wife because he did not have the specific intent to sexually assault his wife, and because his actions were “consistent with his [religious] practices.” In other words, the judge refused to issue the permanent restraining order because under Sharia law, this Muslim husband had a “right” to rape his wife.

http://blog.heritage.org/?p=42257
Quote from flymike91 :They are absolutely no ways for women to avoid this kind of treatment in Islamic, male dominated societies except to be slaves to their husbands and even that obviously doesn't work

While I agree that women's opression and abuse is a bad thing and I am an avid fighter for gender mainstreaming, you again show that you have no knowledge whatsoever about islam, but rather repeat what certain media outlets püroclaim to be the truth.

By islamic rules, the man represents the family outside of the house, while his wife has to be covered up, isn't allowed to speak to strangers and has to walk behind him.
At home though, that's a totally different matter: The (main)wife is the absolute ruler INSIDE the house. She can determine the times the husband is allowed to stay home, can prevent him form entering said home and can order her husband to buy whatever she or the household needs and he has no right to object her.

That's a reason why western feminism doesn't reach muslim women: many don't want to trade their domestic powers and responsibilities for rights and responsibilities outside of what they percieve as their domain.

Of course this is just an idealised representation of the rules, and in islamic families, domestic violence can and will happen. But that problem isn't limited to islamic families, but is quite severe in western societies too.
And it's not always the man who is the aggressor or oppressor. Just men very rarely decide to report the abuse they're taking.

rant over
That's the thing with islamic and African countries. If you'll do something bad, it almost never gets anybody's attention, not even speaking about police.

But still, it's rather fu**ed up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG