The online racing simulator
Tsuchiya and Inada quit D1GP
(9 posts, started )
#2 - JJ72
so... what's wrong with D1 in its current state? I've never followed it.
Quote from JJ72 : I've never followed it.

Same for most of the people here I belive. Further explanations of D1GP's current situation from a regular follower would be nice
In a nutshell. Imagine if the pioneer of F1 was the CEO the FIA and he just quits the FIA altogether due to conspiracy and other behind close doors drama. That's basically whats going on here. The founder and basically the guy who started it all leaves the main foundation of drifting (D1GP) because of apparent injustice in it's ranks and it's hidden ties with the Japanese underworld (yakuza and as well as supposedly some teams being funded secretly by them. Its just a whole mess of things at the moment. Sure D1GP will porobably go on for another year, but it'll dwindle for sure.

Most likely we'll see a new series in the future by both Inada and Tsuchiya, thats more fair and favors less of million horsepower machines and multicar powerhouse teams and less favoritism judging.
And grassroots teams \o/
Quote from Sueycide_FD :less favoritism judging.

Good luck. They can't even do that in figure skating, drifting's Winter Olympic cousin.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Same for most of the people here I belive. Further explanations of D1GP's current situation from a regular follower would be nice

i, for one couldn't because...

for me, drifting and all that aspect of motorsports, at the top flight level...

all the cars have to be streetable or none exsistant.

a 500 hp silvia isnt road legal, where as a more likely 300 hp with just better suspenion/camber lsd and away it goes to glory.

Also they allowed mustangs...

i Heard that about the under world but its un-founded. Yes they have been known to steal cars and re-reg for profit... but d1gp should a NPO... its advertising for your business... a motorsport for the cult fans and gear heads alike.
Quote from theirishnoob :i Heard that about the under world but its un-founded. Yes they have been known to steal cars and re-reg for profit... but d1gp should a NPO... its advertising for your business... a motorsport for the cult fans and gear heads alike.

NPO? As in Non-Profit Organization? HA! Get real. I would be very surprised if the Japanese underworld were not intertwined in D1GP, to be honest.
Quote from MAGGOT :Good luck. They can't even do that in figure skating, drifting's Winter Olympic cousin.

Damn true.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG