The online racing simulator
Newbie, new to manual gears...lol!
(64 posts, started )
Great bbman, sounds just like my problem, thanks for the link!
Quote from bbman :Maybe this will help you (it helped me and apparently two others as well):

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3105

Well man you saved the day, thanks to the link my problem is solved and i'm a happy bunny, the game runs smooth without a glitch now, and i didn't have to update my bios which is a pain in the butt, Thanks!
Great news. I'm hoping to get on and create a new set for the XFR tonight. My current setup is just a bit too skittish over certain bumps and I'm going to try a different approach all together.

Less Front ARB but obviously everything else will need to change too. Will try a different lsd too.
I went for a spin in the xf gtr on the standard gp track and got a time of 1:19,05 but that was without any major tinkering. I still haven't joined a race yet because i'm not sure when to join i don't want to jump in and interrupt somones race, is there any way to see whats going on without joining in the thick of it all. Good luck with the new setup!
You can always just spectate. And so long as you keep out of the way when there are blue flags no one should have any cause for complaint. Mistakes are allowed (although some people don't understand that).

XFR is a great car but prone to turning over on kerbs because of the massive amount of grip the slicks give you combined with the light weight of the car. I did a 60 lap gp a couple of weeks back in it around Blackwood and it was great fun. Best is 1:16.23. There is a ATC 60 Lap GP on on the 16th July. Held at Aston North so there will be a lot of races going on with this combo in the coming month. You should enter. GP length races are all about consistency,
Well i better get practicing my pitstops and every thing else for that matter. Yeah i know what you mean by it turning over, i must try and prevent that. The xfr is the xf-gtr right?
You can't use the kerbs like you can in the XFG. Just makes all the turns that little bit tighter. You can suss out which kerbs are gonna cause you a problem. Its the ones where you are turning in the direction the kerb is on. You can take a bit of kerb if you are turning away from it.
Created my new set over the weekend. I can lap in the mid 1:34s consistently now. How great is F1PerfView? It's shown me that my gearing of my 5th gear is a touch too high. Saw that when looking at a speed trace of the WR against mine.

Also I found that you can tune a setup so that a car oversteers slightly round right handers and understeers slightly round left handers. This seems to be what I needed at Blackwood. All I need to do now to get into the 33s is get through turns 4/5 (esses) and the final turn 1mph faster at apex. i.e. 69mph and 70mph respectively.
Yeah i'll try that f1prefview some time soon, i'm a long way away from 1:33,00 but i'll see if i can put more practice in this week. All the best!
F1PerfView is great for setup changes and looking at speed but AnalyzeForSpeed is better when it comes to analysing lines.

Good luck with the practice
#62 - XTTX
Keyboard to drive?
Well, I've been using a keyboard to play since I haven't gotten my DFP. It's either that I'm a completely horrible driver, or it's just impossible to drive well with a keyboard. That's also why I"m still a demo racer . Well, thanks for looking. I'm still waiting for my DFP to be shipped out -_-. I ordered it 3 days ago, and it's still processing.
Edit: whoops, I must have been sleepy when I was posting this. It's 5:34 AM and I haven't gone to sleep yet. I meant to post this in a new thread.
Quote from XTTX :Well, I've been using a keyboard to play since I haven't gotten my DFP. It's either that I'm a completely horrible driver, or it's just impossible to drive well with a keyboard. That's also why I"m still a demo racer . Well, thanks for looking. I'm still waiting for my DFP to be shipped out -_-. I ordered it 3 days ago, and it's still processing.
Edit: whoops, I must have been sleepy when I was posting this. It's 5:34 AM and I haven't gone to sleep yet. I meant to post this in a new thread.

You won't regret it. Although there are some extremely fast keyboard drivers out there. PartyBoy springs to mind.
PartyBoy is a mouser But yeah, a wheel will be a big improvement either way. Even if your times initially drop a bit

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG