The online racing simulator
Newbie, new to manual gears...lol!
(64 posts, started )
Newbie, new to manual gears...lol!
Hi all, It's really the first time using manual But since i downloaded LFS ive been getting some confidence using gears and i seem to be getting the hang of it so hopefully soon i can go head to head with LFS racers!. Right now i'm going through all the info before i activate the game, and it would be great if i can race live online something i never done before. Well if i lose i lose gracefully and roll up a smoke, the only time i get hot is when i drop a hot-rock on my groin, so cool and a non affendable person thats me, and i don't talk much i hope thats not too much of a problem. At the moment l'm using a logitech-rumblepad until i find a suitable wheel as thats the way to go. Can someone post me a reasonably fast laptime using the standard gt used in the demo on the gp track, lap time from the starting line so i can improve gearing, i will post my times here if thats no bother thanks!
Welcome tommy, I'm shure you will have great tiems with it
One suggestion get the full version it is far better and so is the racing. Just jukmp in there and race on line - one word of caution, be clean and fair no matter what you see in demo mode
Check LFS world for times on all tracks
i take pride in playing fare and respecting my fellow man hoping for the same in return, thanks for the reply.
hey welcome fellow new racer how old is your logitech rumblepad im using one and its the best for me but hey....when u get a wheel tell me price kk? imm looking into saving for one of those
#5 - bbman
If you mean the XF GTi, a reasonably good time would be under 1:40, World Record is a low 1:32... The best thing to learn quickly is to go online (as mentioned before from vanirl), but demo multiplay can be pretty frustrating, especially for a fair racer like you are...
Quote from Ricerguy :hey welcome fellow new racer how old is your logitech rumblepad im using one and its the best for me but hey....when u get a wheel tell me price kk? imm looking into saving for one of those

Hey i'm using the rumblepad 2 in blue with analog for steering and throttle/brake it's seems really precise.
Quote from bbman :If you mean the XF GTi, a reasonably good time would be under 1:40, World Record is a low 1:32... The best thing to learn quickly is to go online (as mentioned before from vanirl), but demo multiplay can be pretty frustrating, especially for a fair racer like you are...

Is that time 1:32 from the start line to the following finish, or is the time a result of continuous laping to get the best time?
Well i managed to get 1:38,50 in the Xf Gti, on the Gp track by continuous laping until i got the 1:38,50 time, so i can only improve on that. oh..i rolled the car over while going over the apex lol!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It sure is an adrenline rush when driving with some fine rock tunes playing, and the engine sound loud, and the changing of gears really adds to the fun.
If you think that is an adrenaline rush, and you still haven't gone online yet, you just wait. It's not an adrenaline rush until you're battling it out door to door with real live people not knowing what they are going to do.
I've played many times on demo multiplayer but never found a server that is 100% clean racing . I play with mouse and keyboard so it's still hard for me to do some fast times but i did 1:38:39 with the XFG on an empty server .I always play online no matter what even if there are no players, playing in single makes me feel..dunno .. alone illepall . The german bremskiller server is by far the best i've encountered, mostly clean racing there. Hope to get the 40 bucks for unlocking...i really feel i'm missing on some great racing
Btw, the current WR in BL GP with GTi is 1:33.12. Not low 1:32, what it used to be before the patch. Power was taken off from the GTi, 10hp I think, so its slowed down. I used to get 1.33s easily, but now hardly can make to low 1.34
Get yourself that S2 licence and you'll never look back.
Great way to start the day with a time of 1:38,04 lap 2 it took some very late braking and very tight corners to achieve my best time so far, Thanks too all for been helpfull maybe some time i can post some knowlege to help others out. "Cirozel" hope you get the $40 also maybe we could race some time. "Blackout" thanks for the info all the wiser. "BeckyRose" i doubt that im your neigbor but anything is posible!
Plenty more time to come off there. Stick at it.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Plenty more time to come off there. Stick at it.

True!, new time 1:37,38 my best so far going flatout, cant wait to taste the high end race cars, taste good so far.
Big chuncks coming off still then. You'll be in the 1:35 pretty soon I reckon.
lol.. 1:35 thats HoT!
Naa. 1:33 is hot.

Have you had a look at any of the hotlaps?
Quote from Gentlefoot :Naa. 1:33 is hot.

Have you had a look at any of the hotlaps?

Were will i find the hotlaps? presume it shows the best lap times.
You can find hotlaps at www.lfsworld.net but here is the WR. Put it to LFS/data/spr
The basic tip would be slow in fast out, and smoothness. Hit the apex and keep good speed. Its all about cornering. And when you handle all that go fast in fast out

But if you have mouse/kb, dunno...must be a lot harder. Must test that btw :P
Attached files
MacEST_BL1_XFG_133120.spr - 120.2 KB - 226 views
Ok so now im using the clutch as the driver in the replay seems to be using, you can't be a great guitarist if you don't know how to pull all the strings. New personal time: 1:36,73 lap-7 this time using the clutch.
Yeah - I can remember some of my settings. They may help you.

Ride Height Rear = 60mm, Front=73mm

Camber Front Left= -4.2
Front Right= -4.0
Rear Left= -4.1
Rear Right= -4.0

Pressures
front left = 26psi
front right = 24.4 psi
rear left = 23.5psi
rear right = 23.5psi

Front tyres are road tyres but the rears are Hybrids

Front Damping was about 7.5 and the rear was slightly less but can't remember. Front Spring Rate was about 105 I think and about 70 at the back. ARB front is 80 and rear is 20.

Try those settings, if it oversteers too much try more sping and damping at the front. If it understeers do the opposite. A bit of extra front ARB will help oversteer too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG