The online racing simulator
LFS AI is plain stupid
(11 posts, started )
LFS AI is plain stupid
Hi guys!!

I just wanted to know if its normal that the ai act like i am not there?!? Just exiting the pit, they just ram you like you are not there and even in race..

I'm relatively new to this game so maybe i did miss something?%?!
Quote from fortress66 :Hi guys!!

I just wanted to know if its normal that the ai act like i am not there?!? Just exiting the pit, they just ram you like you are not there and even in race..

Nice thread title

And yes AI is like that, Whould be fixed in the future
Quote from Inouva :Nice thread title

And yes AI is like that, Whould be fixed in the future

ok thx,,, i was just asking if maybye i have forgot to install a patch or something

This game is so hot,, I'm actually playing with an eyefinity setup and Ubotto racing cockpit!! So hot and fun (an a G25 of course)
Quote from fortress66 :Hi guys!!

Online racing is the focus of LFS. Try that instead.
The AI don't care where you are on the track. They will crash you if you get into their way.

As already mentioned, you should instead try racing online with other humans. Much more fun!
Quote from Skagen :The AI don't care where you are on the track. They will crash you if you get into their way.

The exact can be said about some human drivers (that you're bound to encounter online). When you consider that aspect, the LFS AI is spot on.
Quote from Silverracer :The exact can be said about some human drivers (that you're bound to encounter online). When you consider that aspect, the LFS AI is spot on.

Amen to that
Hmm, i remember AI's slowin down if im infront of them and braking or just chillin and enjoyin the weather on the road.
I haven't experimented with it yet to see if it's true, but I seemed to notice that when I set my own skill level to something lower than PRO, the AI didn't seem to be so aggressive. One time I tried it, the AI actually tried to avoid hitting me.

On a lower skill level, they don't drive as fast, so maybe they pay more attention.

-Maurice
The trick (so it seemed to me anyway) is to mix different AI's skill level, so after some laps they will (also) fight against each other and they'll won't go in a straight line.
I had some fun with the RAC and this kind of AI setup.
well ai is fun to drive with but they have to stay in their own lanes if you press 4 in-game you will see the line and if you get in their way they are going to hit you but if your in oval they wont cause it alot of space.

LFS AI is plain stupid
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG