The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
Maby something like Pikes Peak, but half the length and not dirt.
im sick of u s2 noobs telling every demo racer to buy s2, i dont have a credit card so i cant buy it, y doesnt someone just buy 1 4 me??? :P
mountain drift is there suck a thing on lfs is so send track

EDIT SUCH NOT SUCK
Quote from scoobyrbac :Maby something like Pikes Peak, but half the length and not dirt.

that would be nice.

i run some local canyons here in SoCal, and they're fun for sure... i've seen a few people try and drift, usually they either crash, or fall off the side... most just crash.
haha S2 NOOBS??? we're the noobs dude... i recently started saving some of my allowence for S2. my friend was gonna buy it for me but i told him that i would buy it myself... it makes you feel better when you actually try to do something and get a result out of it! but anyways i enjoy BOTH racing and drifting... when im racing i like the challenge of posting better lap times and trying to get that perfect line. when drifting, i work on continual drifts (hard on XRG and even harder with patch z suspension...) so im not biased towards any side (at least i hope im not!)

i've been to mount panorama and man its an awesome track.. dont know how people do the Bathurst 1000 endurance race! would love to take the racing versions of the various cars that may be similar to a V8 Supercar (is there such a car?) around panorama... also would love a little touge mountain circuit thingo like in the video below... (look on the bottom left theres a diagram of the track)

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v= ... UxxpU&feature=related
Quote from DRiFT-BOY :im sick of u s2 noobs telling every demo racer to buy s2, i dont have a credit card so i cant buy it, y doesnt someone just buy 1 4 me??? :P

why would anyone buy you s2.
Quote from DRiFT-BOY :im sick of u s2 noobs telling every demo racer to buy s2, i dont have a credit card so i cant buy it, y doesnt someone just buy 1 4 me??? :P

:chairfall
i will buy s2 but i dont play lfs much no more, and i dont have a credit card!! so i cant buy it!!
there needs to be a moutain like pikes peak (like suggested before) and the track on fnf td
Quote from robbielayton :mountain drift is there suck a thing on lfs is so send track

EDIT SUCH NOT SUCK

That's not even a sentence, that's just a random collection of words..
ok sry i was half asleep wen i typed that does any1 have the kyoto d1 gp drift track
This a racing simulator, don't a drift simulator
BiZO. You realize that if it were a racing simulator it would be like Gran Turismo - which has terrible physics. If your car slides your dead, you can't do it. In LFS, the physics are so well made that you have the ability to do both, as with real cars. GTR cars are hard to drift, because they weren't made too. But with road cars, you can thrash them around as what they are. Road cars that are tuned to our liking, that can be forigiving or harsh.

End of story. Lock please.
Quote from Ca18Slider :BiZO. You realize that if it were a racing simulator it would be like Gran Turismo - which has terrible physics. If your car slides your dead, you can't do it. In LFS, the physics are so well made that you have the ability to do both, as with real cars. GTR cars are hard to drift, because they weren't made too. But with road cars, you can thrash them around as what they are. Road cars that are tuned to our liking, that can be forigiving or harsh.

End of story. Lock please.

I suport u in that deu to the simple fact it is treu...

But as for the sugestion i stil suport it but i think it need to be a mountain race course that drifters can also use not specifcly for drift that would be unfair to us racers, and the other way around
Im so on.. but I can't do anything about it because I don't know how to create tracks (dammit...) I hope some drift lover could do this one day.. I'd be sooooooo happy!
Quote from sam93 :what do you think of have a mountain drift course like whats on initial d and the fast and the furious tokyo drift on live for speed?

Im so on.. but I can't do anything about it because I don't know how to create tracks (dammit...) I hope some drift lover could do this one day.. I'd be sooooooo happy!
Dude..This thread is 2 years old... Nice bump
Anyway we are all waiting for the Physics Improvements, soo
Great idea, but not a chance...
I would like some mountain courses like in Initial D, Tokyo Drift and NFS Underground 2 and Carbon. If possible I'd like some kind of rule which prevents a downhill car from starting while another car is racing uphill or opposite. This can be managed by stop-start lights. However this will probably require a lot of programming, and due to the tire physics they're working on these days it's probably something that we won't see in the first place.
Quote from Ni-san :I would like some mountain courses like in Initial D, Tokyo Drift and NFS Underground 2 and Carbon. If possible I'd like some kind of rule which prevents a downhill car from starting while another car is racing uphill or opposite. This can be managed by stop-start lights. However this will probably require a lot of programming, and due to the tire physics they're working on these days it's probably something that we won't see in the first place.

Or... Sorry for a bump but I just got to say this. Or you simply design this touge road map idea like a full mountain with a couple of different roads which could be turned into different track layouts and there for forming a circuit with one downhill section and then an upphill section. This would also add more variation in different forward/reverse/layout options you got when selecting this map environment.
Hill section with dirt and asphalt road for drift and rally, i wanna see a subaru impreza in s3 =)
My opinion :)
Well i knwo i cant say anything because im a demo user, but the idea is make a track that can be used for race and drift something like a mountain circuit or just a something like a highway with 4 channels, 2 for up and two down, and these 2 ways will be divided, for rally at end of course theres can be a road and a rally track or whatever that them wanna make there.

Well thats what i think, it will be a good track and, everyone in lfs can use it doesnt matter if your drifter or racer, i love both just have fun with LFS
Yes, seriously needs a mountain pass with slopes and inclines.. It will be a real test of drifting skills. I even searched for unofficial addons for mountain passes but didn't find it. It would be great..!
Nice bumping...

Im with MAGGOT:
Quote from MAGGOT :-1 for "drift" track. +1 for mountain pass.

Could be nice if was not made only for drifting, but as a different use for the TBO's, like rally hillclimbs (and downhill)... Going up the Pikes Peak hills would be awesome in LFS...
Quote from Si Mclaren :Could be nice if was not made only for drifting, but as a different use for the TBO's, like rally hillclimbs (and downhill)... Going up the Pikes Peak hills would be awesome in LFS...

Obviously it won't be made specifically for drifting. What it's for doesn't matter. It can be used in many ways. Everyone would be free to do whatever they want on it.

My preference would be a ~4-5 meter wide road with some sharp hairpins.
The difficulties in making this road would be all the surrounding geometry and vegatation. It would all have to be modelled out with collisions and stuff if a car would drive off the road.
Quote from Ian.H :... it has _nothing_ to do with racing, but _everything_ about posing / showing off.

Regards,

Ian

If so, isnt drag racing about speed? so to be the best and get reputation you need to SHOWOFF speed and talent? To get sponsers in Circuit racing you need to SHOWOFF you skill with controll of the car. So your telling me that showing off is just a waste?

Regards,

Neon

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG