2010 Plans
(73 posts, started )
Quote from G!NhO :Same 3 things go for me, but i actually need to gain weight.

lucky bastard, wasn't really hard losing the weight, just wasn't as fast as I wanted, but still, I'm almost there!
Be rich
-
(Zdenek CZE) DELETED by Zdenek CZE
hmm...

- change from a conscript to a reservist and grow accustom to civilian life again.
- Get an apartment. Move house.
- Get a better PC.
- Buy a car.

- See friends and relatives more often.
Subtle little: B U M P

Okay, so the yea is half over, and it is time to check how honest people have been about doing their goals. Myself, I've fallen way behind. Somethings that were not in my control, others that I have just lacked self-control on... However that said, I recently finished my first book cover-to-cover so 1 of 24 books have now been read. I have read tons of articles, and other things and even more if we include internet related reading (wiki, forums)... But the point is I need to keep reading more if I am to achieve that goal.

I've also written 3 incomplete "stories" towards my ambitious goal of 52. Certainly need to step up the pace there, and put some time into that if it is something I've like for future goals... Mostly it's just been lack of concentration and desire to work on other projects. Again, if forum posting was to count I have written plenty!

Finally, I am currently back in the Game Industry - although only temporary. Still, a lot better than nothing. My savings account has risen a little bit, although considering I don't have a permanent position it is questionable how long that will hold me over... I have not been able to pay off my little student loan, although I've knocked it down to around $9500. This has been out of my control due to lack of employment - I haven't missed a payment though, a little luck came through for me on that part.

All in all, financially I've been somewhat lucky. Not quite where I wanted to be, but not in as much "immediate" debt as I was in 2 weeks ago, so I am feeling a bit better. On the personal goals of reading/writing more - I have been slacking a bit for too many "reasons". It could be argued how much effort I've put into that, but it is something I should put effort into if I do want to write a book.

My programming goals, which I did not write here for complicated reasons, have been doing both well and crappy. For the last 4 months I have been unable to concentrate on programming, writing, reading or any activity that actually used my brain. It was much more spent with TV, Forum Browsing and doing useless stuff as far as "productivity" goes. But within the last two weeks, I've started getting in my groove with programming, and reading - so with any luck that will continue.

How are you guys doing with your goals / plans of 2010?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Financial:
Get my moped or bike license.
Get a reasonably priced bike(moped).

Personal:
Get a girlfriend.
get away from LFS forum (atleast don't post often)

Financial went superb have a old-timer moped now.
I have a job again so I'm safe for now and I am under way to get full bike licence on my 21st.

Personal is the epic fail still post to often and stil no GF .
But I graduated and I am quite proud of it and I'm more talkative now so getting a girl cant be that hard and its summer vacation so0 i have plenty of free time to ask girls on dates.
And
Well...

Quote from hyntty :hmm...

- change from a conscript to a reservist and grow accustom to civilian life again.
- Get an apartment. Move house.
- Get a better PC.
- Buy a car.

- See friends and relatives more often.

- I bought a car!

1 out of five I consider a win. To be perfectly honest my service is about to end anyway and I'll have to move. I also bought a computer a year ago already.
I got my moped license and moped, so win.
Didnt set any plans. So win.

Quote from mookie427 :Get a car
Get a girl
Explore more derelict buildings
Do well in exams
Not go to uni

done the bold ones...hoping to rectify the other 2 soon
Given where my life was at 10 years ago it's a flaming miracle I'm still going, So I'm delighted to say that in 2010 I've continued to not die, and I'm still seeing huge improvements in my quality of life and personal well being.

I plan to return to karting for next season with a test and hopefully a race before the end of this year, I'm also quitting smoking in order to finance it and have cut down to 10 a day as a prelude to stopping completely in the coming days.

I'm much more secure in myself when out in public having further developed my "I really don't care" attitude to people I don't know, and I'm emotionally much more stable, the confidence is coming back too albeit slower.

In all I'd say 2010 has been a mostly positive year for me, although it has had some pretty major setbacks too: I lost a much loved pet; got through a couple of girlfriends; and my sex life is near non-existant of late.
am i too late?

if i had to answer this in the begginning this is how it would go

1. get a gf (check )
2. get a job (not going to happen probably )
3. get more friends (check but might have lost a good one )
4. start career in karting, to get started in racing (might get to it )

now my goals are:

1. get my grades WAAAY up (*sigh* )
2. get going in karting (yeah... :razz
3. find a job (library might be my only choice )
4. get that friend back (might be dfficult, as she just broke up with someone she was with for 4 months )

yeah....sorry im late
My 2010 plans are roughly.

Start competative cycling (Check)
Get a job *was ok then got fired...now no ones hiring me *
Win a cycling race (Check atleast on the track)
Get $10k (Going to mirably fail without a job)
Have fun
B U M P

Okay guys & gals, 2010 is nearing an end shortly. Just over a month remaining. I can say I haven't made many of my goals this year. I wanted to pay off my "small" student loan, of which I kept paying the minimum amounts, and I am glad I was able to do that all year considering I only had 3 months of work in the Game Industry. (Changing very soon). So that goal will continue into 2011, since I will have a solid position, it seems at this time.

As for reading, I did read a lot more this year than I have in the past, which I consider good. However I only read about 12-14 books from cover to cover. Probably two or three more if I added up the miscellaneous articles/chapters. And certainly well over if you add any reading from the interwebs, which I don't count.

Writing, well this was a flop. I think I have seven, one page stories I wrote, not including forum posts, blog posts or other internet related writing. So, I busted on the reading/writing end for faults of my own, where-as I can't feel bad at all about the financial goal. I don't think I will continue the writing goal at this time. I have other ongoing plans/goals etc that seem to have higher priority than reading/writing to me. So on with those.
Quote from Fuse5 :What a nice thread. I have been wanting to formulate these for a while.

Financial
Get a long-term job / a wellpaying job for the summer - fail, only one-off projects. but freelancing is taking off nicely
Start saving up instead of consuming for all ive got. - fail

Personal
Concentrate on my studies - fail (but im still in uni, so check?)
Get rid of the awful procrastination habit - fail
Finish some of the tracks ive done and hopefully get one released under a label - nearly check
Go to Sun&Bass in sicily in september, related to the first financial aspect - fail, due to uni
Experiment - hmm. ive def done stuff that i havent done before so check

I should resort to more general and blurry targets so i can actually fulfil them. - word

lol. for what its worth, this year compared to the last one has made me more realistic about my goals :P
Quote :Explore more derelict buildings

Bit random but are you on any of the urbex forums, Mookie?
Well I planned to return to karting next year but right now I'm in a financial hole and things are really tough.

My personal life is ok though, I've good friends and am partying often. Still not got a love life to speak of but I have a date next weekend so maybe ... Maybe not ...

Had some more loss / death to deal with this year, it's about time somebody I know got married or something, or is this a sign of getting old?
Quote from hrtburnout :Priorities eh.

I'm going to study hard, work hard, stumble upon a GF hopefully, fix my sleeping pattern, and go to the gym.

That's all.

Done and working on it as we speak.

Quote from Fuse5 :lol. for what its worth, this year compared to the last one has made me more realistic about my goals :P

This.
Quote from logitekg25 :am i too late?

if i had to answer this in the begginning this is how it would go

1. get a gf (check ) had 2 overall. single now (for a while probably)
2. get a job (not going to happen probably ) might get one early 2011, hopefully
3. get more friends (check but might have lost a good one ) kept all my friends, and made a bunch of new ones
4. start career in karting, to get started in racing (might get to it ) went around a track a whole lot, as a novice learner (and was best out there), so i think that warrants a success

now my goals are:

1. get my grades WAAAY up (*sigh* ) got that done, but not quite satisfactory
2. get going in karting (yeah... :razz "started" that..
3. find a job (library might be my only choice ) again, early 2011 hopefully
4. get that friend back (might be dfficult, as she just broke up with someone she was with for 4 months ) got her back for the most part

yeah....sorry im late

summary in red.

EDIT: there needs to be one for 2011 now
thank god i didn't write down any promises...
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007
This is pretty damn funny, i need to do this for next year

EDIT: Oh god.. i just noticed i posted in this thread!

Quote from Jordan2007 :- Win Saxmax In first season Didn't happen. Completed like 6 rounds..Came 14th :P
- Start Junior ginettas Didn't happen. Moving onto something better than Ginetta's
- Accepted into a Motorsport course at College After waiting 5 months for a reply, Was successful
- Meet brt900 Slightly weird meeting him after almost 2 years on skype.. He's a weird kid..
- Grow a Beard Parents kept telling me to shave. I'm trying to grow one now, Hopefully i have a full scale beard before 2011 -

Quote from aroX123 :

and

F.uck

I've heard the rumours what happened between you and Becky at the kart meeting; Don't worry, I'l keep quiet.
Quote from logitekg25 :
there needs to be one for 2011 now

In a few weeks, yes. But it is a tad early I think.
Quote from Klutch :-Meet a woman that isn't batshit insane - Fail.
-Live Life - Win.
-Try new things/experiences - Win.

Quote from Jordan2007 :- Win Saxmax In first season - uber failed
- Start Junior ginettas - failed
- Accepted into a Motorsport course at College - Tick
- Meet Brt900 - tick
- Grow a Beard - Just shaved so no

fixed for you

2010 Plans
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG