The online racing simulator
2010 Plans
(73 posts, started )
2010 Plans
I didn't see a thread about this yet;

What are your plans / goals for 2010. As you probably know, I completed a major life goal in 2009, and as a goal oriented person have set out to accomplish several small goals for 2010.

Here are a handful of small goals I have:

Financial:
Get back into the Game Industry.
Finish paying off the small student loan: $11k
Get my backup savings restored . . . (Depleted now due to my trip, and lack of job)

Personal:
Read at least 24 books. Including at least 6 fiction, 6 non-fiction.
Write a 1 page story at least once a week. (52 pieces of writing)
These help go to an old, almost forgotten goal of writing my own book(s).

I know I have a few other categories and goal but they seemed to run away for the moment. So what are your goals/plans for 2010.

-I will try to remember to bump this thread at the end of 2010 and we can all discuss which of our goals were actually completed successfully or the reasons why they weren't.
Financial:
Get my moped or bike license.
Get a reasonably priced bike(moped).

Personal:
Get a girlfriend.
get away from LFS forum (atleast don't post often)
get a new steering wheel.

get a new graphics card so i can get my computer working so i can use my new steering wheel.

get a GF.
-Meet a woman that isn't batshit insane
-Live Life
-Try new things/experiences
only one thing - stop smoking.
Improove my pc hard

and

F.uck
Quote from aroX123 :Improove my pc hard

and

F.uck

Priorities eh.

I'm going to study hard, work hard, stumble upon a GF hopefully, fix my sleeping pattern, and go to the gym.

That's all.
Financial:
Make my car licence
Get a job
Buy a car

Personal:
Nothing much, or atleast nothing i can remember of.
None

I dont set plans.... Its stupid IMO..... From past experiences I can tell, that when I set plans, everything goes wrong.....
Quote from DevilDare :None

I dont set plans.... Its stupid IMO..... From past experiences I can tell, that when I set plans, everything goes wrong.....

Most plans fail. Like when ur tryng to have ur first kiss with a girl, u cant plan it - it comes by itself.
I'd agree that it is stupid when the goals/plans fall under these categories:

Randomly picked - with no true meaning for you.
No reward for completing the goal, no satisfaction.
Something that is out of reach, unrealistic. These can actually have negative impact.

---

For my I am a, and becoming more and more of a, goal oriented person. It's important to know what you want to achieve, and break it into smaller steps. The paying off my small loan is something I have to do to stay out of debt, so its not a goal - but finishing it off in 2010 vs minimum payments will allow me to achieve future goals of building my own race car / owning a Dodge Viper by the age of 35, (July 2020). So breaking it down into reasonable chunks get me there.

I do say I am becoming more and more goal orientated because; 1 year ago I started planning for my adventure. I didn't have any money saved for it, and was actually just a bit better off financially then I am right now since in 2008 I bought my motorcycle and stuff. But in 4 months, with hard work I managed to do something that "I would never get a chance to do". This all depends on a persons mindset though, and not everyone can work well with goals. But I have discovered that it works great for me, but it is important to keep them realistic and purposeful/meaningful.

When 90% of people choose: "Lose weight" "Get a life" "Quit Smoking" most, but not all, just say these things without purpose. My mom states she will quit smoking every year, yet I've not witnessed a single attempt towards it. When goals/plans are made 'for the hell of it' with no plan to actually follow through, then I agree with you - those goals are pointless.
Quote from hazaky :Most plans fail. Like when ur tryng to have ur first kiss with a girl, u cant plan it - it comes by itself.

You wrote while I was writing. There are certain things you can't plan for - like your example. But a good plan is a flexible plan, so unseen events or challenges will occur, but the plan should be able to change. Everything will have its share of unseen challenges and risks. When confronted with those challenges do you climb on over the hurdle, or turn around and say- "that plan failed".
Well I agree. I set goals that I know I need. Like, get my grades and good education.

However, like you said, when you start thinking of goals and achievements you want, you usually start listing down things that wont really happen.

Its funny. I guess it depends a lot on the person's characteristics and how he approaches things. I can say, I am quite a big "pessimist". A lot of people hate that. I always view things as "Well if you do that and that right, that and that wont happen", or, "I dont think about bad things, and have nothing to fear". Stuff like that. You get the idea.

I know that, that kind of thinking can get really out of hand and make things go out of shape. But as I said, because of that I do not make BIG plans.

Meh. None of this just made sense. But whatever....
Here is a good question for you then: "Why do you need good grades?"

A few of the outcomes I could think of:
- Because you are aiming for X job and that requires good academics.
- Because you have plans to learn/study more on a subject, requiring good understanding of the basics.

Both of those mean you have some underlying bigger picture, otherwise you could do: Any old job that pays the bills and "survive" because that is all anyone 'needs'. Materialistic objects are not needed, though are desired and sometimes important to each of us.

---

As far as the last years thing. I don't know how realistic of a goal that is for anyone to make. Sure its likely something that is desired, and wanted to some extreme levels - but its the same idea as me say I want to win the lottery in 2010. It's not a very realistic goal. I don't know how to describe it more than its not something that you can actually achieve just by "trying hard". And that is what makes it a non-realistic goal in my mind.

EDIT: My own goal above: Find a job in the Game Industry. is actually not fully in my hands, as it depends greatly on the job openings in the industry, and the fact that someone wants my expertise. I can only give so much effort to this and still have a possibility of failing for reasons out of my control.

(The winning the lottery is actually a poor example, because if you take that goal to the extremes you would simply buy all the tickets and thus win. Though you probably lost more money than gained from the lottery.)
Well I guess you're right there.

But then again. Isn't a good job/good education, a realistic/normal goal to set yourself?

Anyways. All I know is that I do not set really big goals for new years.

I live life - I go by what happens and tackle it. Ofcourse, I try to make things right and all that, but never really set my mind onto it, to the fullest and above everything else. Sounds way too stupid to me...

Just simply doesnt work for me.

I guess I kind of believe in fate. You will get what your set to get.

Like those people that escape a fatal plane crash by being late for it, but die the next week in a car accident.

Meh...
survive till 2011
Quote from blackbird04217 :(...) owning a Dodge Viper by the age of 25, (July 2020)(...)

Wait... if you're going to be 25 in 2020 you must be 14 - 15 now, right? You seem awfully mature and experienced for a 15 year old Or am I completely failing at simple maths?
No I typod on the age : /. 35
Financial:
I'd like to scrape together enough money to buy a new TV for my xbox over the summer, the one right now has lines going through the screen.

Personal:
Be around to post here next year.
Not get any tickets in my first year of driving.
Financial:

Get a job.
Save enough money to pay for a car.

Personal:

Get decent grades in my A Levels.
-Getting my drivers lisence, i have had 16 lessons and it seems like i have ~5 to go.
-Getting a BMW E30.
Eat well, sleep well, exercise.

Continue to earn enough money to do the things that are really important to me in life.

Actually get out and DO the things that are important to me, rather than just sitting at home thinking about them.
What a nice thread. I have been wanting to formulate these for a while.

Financial
Get a long-term job / a wellpaying job for the summer
Start saving up instead of consuming for all ive got.

Personal
Concentrate on my studies
Get rid of the awful procrastination habit
Finish some of the tracks ive done and hopefully get one released under a label
Go to Sun&Bass in sicily in september, related to the first financial aspect
Experiment

I should resort to more general and blurry targets so i can actually fulfil them.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Financial:
Get my moped or bike license.
Get a reasonably priced bike(moped).

Personal:
Get a girlfriend.
get away from LFS forum (atleast don't post often)

Just about that. (I still have to come up with a reasonable plan to get myself a girlfriend (I don't mean just any girl with that btw))
(LFS forum ain't really a problem for me though)
Staying alive and being happy ,taking care of my family and friends.
In LFS to see a busy race start and everyone finishes on the same lap.

2010 Plans
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG