The online racing simulator
Looking for a motherboard.
(12 posts, started )
I am looking for a new motherboard which would suit my needs. I quite fancy getting my self a better graphics card so would like to try Sli out. Thing is my PC is quite a strange combo. Ok so onto the details:

What I need is a Motherboard which supports DDR2 ram. Simple enough right but here is the killer. It must also be able to support my AM3 CPU (Phenom II 955) As well as this as I said earlier I would like to be able to use Sli. So I'm going to hazard a guess that it will need two PCI-e x16 slots. Price well the lowest you can find. Bare in mind that is needed to be UK retailers and I would appreciate it if you also attached a link to said motherboard. Thanks. Btw the current card I've got is a GTS 250. Yes my PC is strange (AMD CPU with Nvidia card) and no I won't try ATI
#2 - garph
There is nothing strange about AMD CPU and Nvidia graphics card or vice-versa
If you want an AMD CPU your motherboard must have an AMD chipset. And AMD chipsets only support CrossFire, they don't support SLI. Also, why would you want it to have DDR2 ram?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :If you want an AMD CPU your motherboard must have an AMD chipset. And AMD chipsets only support CrossFire, they don't support SLI. Also, why would you want it to have DDR2 ram?

NVidia nForce chipsets for AMD CPUs support SLI just fine (do tell).
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :If you want an AMD CPU your motherboard must have an AMD chipset. And AMD chipsets only support CrossFire, they don't support SLI. Also, why would you want it to have DDR2 ram?

Cause I have 8GB of decent DDR2. The board I have now has a Nforce chipset but only one PCI-e x16
Oh is that a new Nvidia chipset or something? I haven't seen any of those in stores. Also, the 980a supports only DDR3 ram as far as I can tell.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Also, the 980a supports only DDR3 ram as far as I can tell.

It'd be nice for you to click "Specifications" on same page before claiming it doesn't supports DDR2.
It'd be nice for you to use your brain. It also claims to support DDR, and no motherboard has been released with DDR support for over 3 years. I meant I haven't seen any nforce 980a motherboards with DDR2 ram, they all have DDR3.
Me likey. Anyone know any UK online stores which sell it? That Mobo seems just what I want.
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :It'd be nice for you to use your brain. It also claims to support DDR, and no motherboard has been released with DDR support for over 3 years. I meant I haven't seen any nforce 980a motherboards with DDR2 ram, they all have DDR3.

Sorry, didn't thought about that.

Anyways, ASUS M4N82 Deluxe has DDR2 support and 3 PCIe x16 slots.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG