The online racing simulator
Quote from sjava :Real cars?what do you mean by that??ohh,so cars in lfs are made out of jelly??

Modeled from real cars ! Not fantasy !

BMW= Real

XR GT TURBO = NOT real
Quote from tristancliffe :Rubbish Physics

Yeah and so is Richard Burns Rally isnt it

You're funny
Quote from EliteAti :Should of bought LFS S2 with that money, much better than awesome. Even though getting outdated.

Richard Burns Rally is my all time favourite sim and I wanted an all tarmac sim as an alternative.

I have tried just about every sim out there now and SIMBIN is the closest I got to the EPIC RBR sim.

Im as happy as can be !

THANK you SIMBIN
Quote from magicaldog :Modeled from real cars ! Not fantasy !

BMW= Real

XR GT TURBO = NOT real

LFS's cars have fictional names, but their design is based on existing cars. And if you haven't noticed yet, LFS is starting to add existing cars - such as the VW Sirocco and the BMW Sauber F1 (the latter is already in the game) - and tracks - such as Rockingham. LFS is only just ending its childhood!
Don't feed the troll please ;-)
Quote from degraaff :LFS's cars have fictional names, but their design is based on existing cars. And if you haven't noticed yet, LFS is starting to add existing cars - such as the VW Sirocco and the BMW Sauber F1 (the latter is already in the game) - and tracks - such as Rockingham. LFS is only just ending its childhood!

Seems like SIMBIN's been around for a longer time since it feels very mature
Quote from magicaldog :Seems like SIMBIN's been around for a longer time since it feels very mature

All I can say to that is, LFS has gotten more love and care in its development process than all of Simbin's 18 racing games together, and that's something you can feel when playing S2.
Quote from magicaldog :I'm convinced now after trying out the REALLY fast cars and it feels about the same as taking my own car for a spin on the highway at + 210 km/h.

In other words LFS feels the way a really good sim should.

Driving at 190+ mph down the back straightaway at Talladega doesn't feel as fast as it really is either. It's all wide open and so the true feeling of speed isn't there. Plus it tends to get quieter at that speed as all the sounds of the tires on the track surface and the engine sounds are starting to move rearward. Even the air rushing past (or is it the car rushing through the air?) is quieter, especially when the car is designed to help keep the air out of the interior.

LFS is the most realistic simulator out there. Scawen is doing the right thing by not rushing his updates. Programmers who get in a hurry to release their products never seem to get things right. LFS is very good.

-Maurice
Quote from magicaldog :Richard Burns Rally is my all time favourite sim and I wanted an all tarmac sim as an alternative.

RBR is quite good yes (if you ignore some of the bugs and dodgy gameplay additions). Such a shame you were willing to lower your standards when it comes to racing equivalents.
Quote from tristancliffe :RBR is quite good yes (if you ignore some of the bugs and dodgy gameplay additions). Such a shame you were willing to lower your standards when it comes to racing equivalents.

But he wanted teh best sim in teh world.

I bet he is one of those people who if he can't do 200mph around a 90 degree bend calls the game crap.

Oh and to the OP this is a SIM (yes sim unlike RACE 07 and all it's continuations which are GAMES) which is developed by 3 blokes. 1 does graphics. One does all the web stuff. And the other one has coded basically the whole game by himself. LFS started from a bloke (Scawen) wanting something to do in his spare time when he used to work at Lionhead Studios. One man has done all this and is currently writing what may or may not become one of the best tyre simulations available. It takes time when you are on your own. And unlike Simbin. Scawen doesn't release half assed products. He (no offence Scawen) is a bit OCD in how he wants LFS to have no flaws with the programming. He is what you can call a perfectionist.

I really don't know where this long post came from. Now I click submit and I bet it is tiny
Quote from magicaldog :Modeled from real cars ! Not fantasy !

XR GT TURBO = NOT real

Orly?

Looks pretty darn close to me!
However, I haven't seen a perfect replica of XR GT Turbo in a real life.
Oh OK then, mr pedantic!
Quote from Flame CZE :However, I haven't seen a perfect replica of XR GT Turbo in a real life.

Have you seen one of these?

-Maurice
Quote from mopar93 :Have you seen one of these?

-Maurice

I saw that on a movie, so it must be real

Plus in that movie appeared a car similar to the one in your avatar, confirming my hypothesis haha
RAC is Valmet's Raceabout *, LX's are Lotus Seven Caterham, BMW's single seat, MRT5 * what else ?
Quote from Flame CZE :However, I haven't seen a perfect replica of XR GT Turbo in a real life.

I have never seen a perfect replica of FBM, BF1, MRT or RAC in real life :twirl:
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Even more if you count race cars on rallyX

And then there's the GT2, GT3, FJR, and probably some more classes, which the Airio tracker recognizes.
Quote from Luke.S :But he wanted teh best sim in teh world.

I bet he is one of those people who if he can't do 200mph around a 90 degree bend calls the game crap.

Oh and to the OP this is a SIM (yes sim unlike RACE 07 and all it's continuations which are GAMES) which is developed by 3 blokes. 1 does graphics. One does all the web stuff. And the other one has coded basically the whole game by himself. LFS started from a bloke (Scawen) wanting something to do in his spare time when he used to work at Lionhead Studios. One man has done all this and is currently writing what may or may not become one of the best tyre simulations available. It takes time when you are on your own. And unlike Simbin. Scawen doesn't release half assed products. He (no offence Scawen) is a bit OCD in how he wants LFS to have no flaws with the programming. He is what you can call a perfectionist.

I really don't know where this long post came from. Now I click submit and I bet it is tiny

Hey Skywalker

Use DA DOWNFORCE

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG