The online racing simulator
Graphic problem
(8 posts, started )
Graphic problem
Just updated my monitor and graphics card softare and driver's...last time they were updated was in 2009, so I thought it would be good..lol, no wonder it lags so much in counter-strike, day of defeat and some other games I play...
none of my games lag anymore after the update of the drivers and softwares, but my monitor went from being able to do 1924x1080 to 1600x1200 as maximum...no problem in any games except LFS...evrything is stretched out a bit, completely impossible for me to focus driving, when the car and opponents is all flat...
Any solutions? / advice?
What monitor and what video card? Does the monitor have the correct driver installed? Or does it just use the generic Microsoft driver?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :What monitor and what video card? Does the monitor have the correct driver installed? Or does it just use the generic Microsoft driver?

Nvidia Geforce 8500, and the monitor is a HP 23'' LCD monitor, when I installed the drivers, my computer automaticly searched for them, then installed them itself, so I suppose it is the correct ones :P
#4 - Zay
If you havnt already tried go into options>screen, and try to find your screen res, then click on it.
Quote from NewAssault :I suppose it is the correct ones :P

Never suppose. Open the device manager, look at your monitor's driver, and look at who made it. If it says microsoft then it's not the correct one. Get the driver from HP's web site.

Now, if you're really daring, you can unlock all resolutions by unchecking the box shown below. But, make sure you select the correct resolution after that, because if you choose a resolution that's too big you'll get a black screen. I suggest you get the correct driver before trying this method, you should never have to uncheck that box under normal circumstances.
Attached images
resolutions.jpg
Actually, you don't really need a driver for your monitor, assuming you know the correct way to use it. For instance, I use a generic P&P driver for my Asus monitor, and it works just fine (I don't think there's even a driver that exists). Of course, if a monitor has special features, such as audio, a webcam and so on, odds are it'll require the driver.
Quote from boosterfire :Actually, you don't really need a driver for your monitor, assuming you know the correct way to use it. For instance, I use a generic P&P driver for my Asus monitor, and it works just fine (I don't think there's even a driver that exists). Of course, if a monitor has special features, such as audio, a webcam and so on, odds are it'll require the driver.

well my monitor is able to work as speakers which is mounted on the back ( I don't use it) :S
Problem solved, thank you guys^^

Graphic problem
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG