The online racing simulator
#1 - Chaos
More weight sensitivity & less aero loss
I think that if Scawen would make the tyre grip a bit more weight sensitive, it would make LFS feel more natural (ie. FWD vs RWD standing start, it would lower the oversteering in RWD cars (which i don't see as a prob, but some people do..))
and to make races more competetive, lower the amount of downforce loss, when slipstreaming someone... The GTR cars are pretty close to DTM cars (aero vise)and I have seen the DTM cars going bumper to bumper around the whole track. This is impossible in LFS with the GTR cars.
I really like the races in non aero cars more, because it is possible to hang on the bumper of your rival...

Your thoughts on this?
I want fuel loads to have more effect on lap times.

I think the Formula cars aero (dirty air) is about right, but the GTR cars lose to much rear downforce too early.
Quote from tristancliffe :I want fuel loads to have more effect on lap times.

Are you saying that fuel consumption must go up or that the cars' weight should have more effect on handling? I would have thought that the effect of mass on the handling of the car would have been one of the easier things to model accurately.
Quote :I think the Formula cars aero (dirty air) is about right, but the GTR cars lose to much rear downforce too early.

Don't have any experience of drafting in a GTR car but the tow off the back of an FO8 seems much too strong at the moment. Look back over F1 races and see how much a tow affects the car behind then run a few laps in an FO8 at Kyoto and see the difference. OK, an FO8 isn't an F1 car but they should be fairly similar in this respect, no?
F1 cars are designed to give the minimum slipstream and maximum dirty air to the car behind. It's all advanced aero stuff.

A F3000 would probably be less aggressively designed (i.e. more slipsteaming).
What Bob said.

Also, F1 cars struggle to run within a second of each other, but FO8 is okay up to about a tenth or two behind... Seems about right to me...
Quote from Bob Smith :F1 cars are designed to give the minimum slipstream and maximum dirty air to the car behind. It's all advanced aero stuff.

A F3000 would probably be less aggressively designed (i.e. more slipsteaming).

Pretty much spot on, compare the racing in F1 and GP2 and they're a world apart.

The tow from the FO8 probably seems extreme because the car infront doesn't get any benefits at the moment, once that's corrected slipstreaming won't have eyes out on stalks closing speeds.
The "tow" is farrrr too great, and hurts the racing in my opinion. Most passes in LFS have already been done before the cars get anywhere near the braking zone and following closely for a few laps almost never happens.

Takes 10 seconds of watching GP2 or even IRL to see the difference. I think the problem exists in all the cars, but is more exaggerated in the quicker stuff.
Quote from WorldFamous :Pretty much spot on, compare the racing in F1 and GP2 and they're a world apart.

The tow from the FO8 probably seems extreme because the car infront doesn't get any benefits at the moment, once that's corrected slipstreaming won't have eyes out on stalks closing speeds.

you are right. i can tell you however that the results of what u see and diagnose as wrong are simply a result of the incomplete nature of the sim. once aero push is done, and a few more aero parameters are calculated, you'll start seeing a lot more similar results to real life.
imho it would be better for people to spot or try to spot things that are wrong and not things that are incomplete. Because lets face it, no one better than the coder, knows that many stuff is incomplete, so this kind of threads doesnt help (nor hurt).
good post anyway.

ps: gp2 at monza was hilarious. reminded me of lfs demoservers...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG