The online racing simulator
Different tires - Different grips?
The different brand tires on LFS do have different behaviors? I mean, a Bridgestone and a Michelin tire are the same? I'm new on LFS and drive with keyboard+mouse. I tried different tires and didn't noticed any difference.

Thanks
#2 - amp88
No, all of the tyre brands have exactly the same performance just now.
Thanks a lot amp!
In actual fact, selecting a Michelin tyre will give you a higher top speed by 8mph and increase your cornering grip by 0.3gs!
Lies, I'm just bored.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :In actual fact, selecting a Michelin tyre will give you a higher top speed by 8mph and increase your cornering grip by 0.3gs!*
Lies, I'm just bored.

* the above may be a complete lie.

Edit, damn your 'lemon chiffon' text jamie!!
I see no text, what are you speaking about?
#7 - Myffe
When I started lfs (fbm has just came) I noticed that I got much better grip with evostars than michelin or bridgestone but I got all the PB's with bridgestone...Why did they take it off?
There is a slight difference, Michelin will save 5.0% fuel over the course of a long sting (24h or more) Evostars wear slighty quicker but give more grip ( again, 24h or more) Bridgestone is even, Cromo is even It could be true.
Well yeah paws, i guess its possible, that people could fall for this if they arent skilled in the art of white text scanning!
white text trap!!

but this always wondered me, until i realised they are just .dds files, and i already changed mine
I cannot believe i left an extra [color] at the start, mentally i am throttling myself for that epic fail lol
Dont listen to these guys -.-

No difference between different manufacturer of tyres

But there is a different TYPE of tyre, e.g- knobbly road_normal, super's etc

They offer different grip

R1 - More grip, but overheat too quick
R2 - Less grip, but overheat less
bla bla
Quote from TehPaws3D :There is a slight difference, Michelin will save 5.0% fuel over the course of a long sting (24h or more)

Must be those Michelin fuel sa ... u'd never have to refuel!

Quote from xtraction :Dont listen to these guys -.-
No difference between different manufacturer of tyres

Actually do listen to us, we all have a higher post count than you which means that, by deductive reasoning, we're right and you are not.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG